Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Earth View Post
    I miss Wrath-style healing.

Yes, I'm aware I may be the only one.
    I miss it too

Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    Sorry but I am also going to disagree with you.

The talent system in MoP is severely lackluster. As an warlock main I've gotta say that the class has been completely demolished (mostly affliction). Removing instant shadow bolt procs and giving us a channel spell, making us choose between death coil and howl of terror, changing how soul link works, not only our damage is very low, the design changes were completely wrong, unpopular and uncalled for.
    warlock damage low? What?!

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    warlock damage low? What?!
    Sounds more like PVP related issues. Overall Warlocks changed a lot in MoP and their skill cap to do decent has raised notably compared to previous expansions. In terms of PVE to do well as a warlock now feels more gimmicky and more juggling of resources than pet swapping demo was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post

Personally I think that most roles have improved since then, healing especially.
    Overall I enjoy the change of healing post-WotLK. I miss the fast cheap heal but overall things feel more balanced and it got boring as a resto druid to mostly spam 5x1 and it is quite sad when a resto druid could not pull that off. Perhaps that was the source of bad resto druids in Cata heroics I hear about. Bad players playing what is called the easy class and still failing at the easy part are going to fail when asked to do both single target and group healing.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-05-21 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    I think a big problem with Wrath is the amount of cut or reused content. Azol Nerub I was originally meant to be a raid with an entire zone dedicated to the spiders (can't remember the proper name at the moment) and having Naxx as the first raid tier was kind of cheap.
    I will say, I always wanted to see more of A-N, and for Anub'Arak to be a bigger deal (he came back for ToTC but still).

Every expansion has cut content though. Except apparently MoP where they made enough content to choke a horse lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    in soviet russia, sweet spot hit YOU!.

(one cannot resist)
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    The whole Alliance vs. Horde thing felt very forced after TBC and Wrath where they spent the last few years working together to kick some ass. And MoP felt like it was just continuing the Cata sub plot of the Alliance and Horde wanting to kill each other.
    To be fair, the working together part was the bit that was actually out of character. Until Warcraft III the entire franchise was Horde vs. Alliance. Maybe they should've put off KT/Illidan and Arthas and made the war the focus a lot sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I will say, I always wanted to see more of A-N, and for Anub'Arak to be a bigger deal (he came back for ToTC but still).

Every expansion has cut content though. Except apparently MoP where they made enough content to choke a horse lol.
    Really, Wrath felt much larger than BC. After that they went to 5 levels and the leveling content has been getting less and less including MoP. Granted MoP has much more content at max level. Still it makes me sad that leveling content has become so sparse. I personally would love a new xpack with meaty leveling content like Wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play in BC but my vision for what the game should be tends to be similar to that model. I think it would be cool to have keys and attunements and stuff you have to do before you can start heroics, just so that dungeoning actually means something. I think that normal mode dungeons should be on LFD but heroics should not, enterance to heroics should require keys and quests to be completed from the normal modes.

LFR should require attunement quests to be completed which require you to do things in heroics.

I started playing during 3.3.5 and I've always felt like it was just way too easy to get rewards, and reading back how TBC was, I think that would have provided much more actual gameplay instead of the gear-chase that the game seems to be since I've been around it.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I didn't play in BC but my vision for what the game should be tends to be similar to that model. I think it would be cool to have keys and attunements and stuff you have to do before you can start heroics, just so that dungeoning actually means something. I think that normal mode dungeons should be on LFD but heroics should not, enterance to heroics should require keys and quests to be completed from the normal modes.

LFR should require attunement quests to be completed which require you to do things in heroics.

I started playing during 3.3.5 and I've always felt like it was just way too easy to get rewards, and reading back how TBC was, I think that would have provided much more actual gameplay instead of the gear-chase that the game seems to be since I've been around it.
    Did you play the game in MoP? Because while MoP dungeons are easy, the rewards are total crap. Also there is no such thing as "heroic" mode dungeons anymore in MoP, "heroic" mode is simply the term they continue to use to differentiate between max level dungeons and their non-max level counterparts. All max level dungeons are labeled as "heroic" but are regular dungeons in difficulty.(notice how there are no max level normal dungeons anymore) They did this because they though renaming the "heroic" mode difficulty toggle would be confusing.

Even though I used to love some dungeon running, Blizzard has pretty much made it clear dungeons are going bye bye except for a small step in the leveling process.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Really, Wrath felt much larger than BC. After that they went to 5 levels and the leveling content has been getting less and less including MoP. Granted MoP has much more content at max level. Still it makes me sad that leveling content has become so sparse. I personally would love a new xpack with meaty leveling content like Wrath.
    TBC leveling was slower than wrath. Wrath was easy in every way, quest mobs were easy to kill, everything was more linear, dungeons and heroics were faceroll. It doesn't mean I did not like Wrath, I did for the most part. TBC is the pinnacle of WoW, imo.

EVER LESS CONTENT

Levels: Vanilla had 60 damn levels, TBC 10, Wrath 10, Cata and MOP 5. What now, are we getting 2.5 levels in the next expansion? lol

5-mans: Vanilla had a shit ton of dungeons, TBC had 16, Wrath had 15, Cata had only 7 new + 4 rehash, MOP had only 6 + 3 rehash.

Raids: Vanilla had 70+ raid bosses, TBC had 51, Wrath had only 38 new and 16 rehash, Cata had 31 raid bosses. MOP is still in progress, but I would guess it will be in the higher 30s, not more.

Blizz delivers LESS content every expansion. When players are happy to be shafted, they will deliver less and less. If it's a money issue, I'd rather pay $70 and get twice the number of dungeons and quests.

Noone who actually played WC3 could actually spit something like "WotLK's lore was great!". The scourge's lore in WotLK was so bad that it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    None of this is correct... we had to use CC on trash. Seriously? the Nexus you never used CC? The hunters, healers and guardsmen in the frozen section? You didn't focus-fire on the golems/casters during Bran? You never CCed those spinning runemasters in Halls of lightning? You never stunned a raptor, which kept the trolls from dismounting? You never CCed the hunters riding the rinos? You never CCed those hunters that shot flares or put up that HORRIFIC reflecting shot shield?

None of you remember that? Seriously?
    This is pretty much the nail in the coffin to all the panda lovers who claim current expansion's dungeons are better than WOTLK.

I can't even NAME YOU ONE BOSS in crapdaria dungeons since I've gone through them so fast and only needed to once that I don't even remember what any of them are about.

You're telling me you facerolled though Forge of Souls, HOR and POS as well? Disgusting liars. You parasites. You belittling fiends.

@Wildmoon: it was better than Farts of Crapdaria and Cacaclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    in soviet russia, sweet spot hit YOU!.

(one cannot resist)
    Actually, yes. Yes - one can, and should, resist. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Actually, yes. Yes - one can, and should, resist. :P
    A legendary man, with a legendary signature.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post

Blizz delivers LESS content every expansion. When players are happy to be shafted, they will deliver less and less. If it's a money issue, I'd rather pay $70 and get twice the number of dungeons and quests.
    I realized this the other day and got kinda mad about it. Also all of the rehashed content...I mean really how much stuff has been brought back at this point? Naxx Onyxia (twice) ZA/ZG and a good deal of Vanilla dungeons...why? I mean really, why? I didn't start playing until after mid BC, but if I had started in Vanilla I feel like I might have been upset about all of the content "brought back". You did the content once, why do it again at a new level cap...were players really asking for this?

---------- Post added 2013-05-21 at 08:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    A legendary man, with a legendary signature.
    mvallas' signature is pretty epic, agreed.

Deleted
    WotLK was a shite expansion. I've written several of posts about it in the past, I don't want to waste any more additional bandwidth complaining how terrible the expansion was.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    mvallas' signature is pretty epic, agreed.
    Ummm... thx Celista and Ragnarok. :P

The only thing they fucked up in Wrath was the amount of time we had ICC without anything else interesting. I loved that expac even when people were hating on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    The only thing they fucked up in Wrath was the amount of time we had ICC without anything else interesting. I loved that expac even when people were hating on it.
    Naxx rehash, ToC the worst raid, almost

Quote Originally Posted by Malkhor View Post
    The only thing they fucked up in Wrath was the amount of time we had ICC without anything else interesting.
    No, there were other problems. PvP was totally borked at the beginning (remember when even the honor blue items required a minimum rating to purchase?) The rating system malfunctioned very badly as all the low end players just dropped out. Wintergrasp was a server-crashing disaster until they limited usage, and tenacity never really worked well. Oh, and in order to try to fix PvP problems, they ended T8 prematurely so they could roll out... IoC! Ulduar sacrificed just so they could happily release that battleground.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"