Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    2200 mastery and 450 something haste beats 1100 haste and boatload of crit. The expertise on the weapon is a 100% full mastery gain on other gear slots.

Human wins yes but Horde don't have humans nor does a good 50% of the allaiance playerbase that are dwarves and goats.

I don't know about you guys or maybe I'm just the luckiest guy in the world but more often then not i chain 2 feathers procs on the pull. About half the time I get cooldowns with spark, feather, and fairly commonly BOTH up. That is a substantial push for mastery during these cooldown points especially when you are putting 7% ish mastery ontop of what we have. Nearly a 15% sustained gain in Hand of Light output.

Of course 5.3 buffs our trinkets when we upgrade them "durr" which again gives a bump to cooldown damage. Especially on the pull. You can sim the shit all you want and one may be better then the other in multiple gear sets but the dps change would be less then a fucking gem on paper. But I'm never going to invest my damage into critical strike versus sustained guaranteed stats. Had enough 35% crit on abilties with 5% actual crit hits over a fight to give a fuck about that stat until it benefits us in some way.

Hell if you want to rank 1 you are better with static guaranteed dps stats anyhow with all the DPS variations coming from 60% feather uptime LOL. Or chain procing holy TVs like you are hacking the game.
    My toon is human but if that polearm drops i'm not hesitating on going for it. bored with sword, axe and mace. haven't used a polearm since the one from general vezzax.

want to transmog it to hellreaver or black ice. then i would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by twinkfist View Post
    My toon is human but if that polearm drops i'm not hesitating on going for it. bored with sword, axe and mace. haven't used a polearm since the one from general vezzax.

want to transmog it to hellreaver or black ice. then i would be happy.
    Shivering Felspine. SWP represent.

Shivering Felspine. SWP represent.
    my guild ate a d##k before swp came out. i think i've only ever done one boss in there. i should probably try and get some of that down.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would like to get an opinion on the 516 weapons in the heroic scenario bag. Does the 3.5 speed mean anything when compared to a lower ilvl 3.6 speed? Would still think ilvl comes out ahead because of dmg but not sure if a slightly faster speed makes it less viable than a slower lower ilvl wep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Would like to get an opinion on the 516 weapons in the heroic scenario bag. Does the 3.5 speed mean anything when compared to a lower ilvl 3.6 speed? Would still think ilvl comes out ahead because of dmg but not sure if a slightly faster speed makes it less viable than a slower lower ilvl wep.
    Best way to find out is to get your stat weights and do some number crunching.

If you need help figuring that out let me know.

My results (Wspeed = 568.50):

Without secondary stats:
    iLv 516 DPS: 40152.18
    iLv 502 DPS (Zerat RF): 35218.80
    Fun fact: Even adding the secondary stats (including gems) to Zerat, the DPS is still only about 41.1k DPS, about 1k better than a 516 without secondary stats added in.

Obviously the Weapon DPS/strength differences make the difference. At least until you get a 522+, where there would be no contest.

But, hopefully I get a 522 this next week's run so I don't have to worry about this shit.
    Last edited by Dmchomerun; 2013-05-20 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Update with my results/typo.
    Exorcising Undead in the name of the Silver Hand!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...homerun/simple

So who else is stoked for tomorrow?! And Anaxie btw, I'm expecting mod on your stream haha.

See you guys on the other side of 5.3.

Can't wait to see a 541 weapon drop (shitty or not) and lose the roll to someone already using a 535 when I'm using a 522. Story of my life lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fredz View Post
    Can't wait to see a 541 weapon drop (shitty or not) and lose the roll to someone already using a 535 when I'm using a 522. Story of my life lol
    At least your first (im not entirely sure ) 535 heroic Bo-Ris didn't go to a blood dk

Quote Originally Posted by idpsutank View Post
    At least your first (im not entirely sure ) 535 heroic Bo-Ris didn't go to a blood dk
    We got 3 of those so far, 2 to the same DK and another to another DK. All from coins. We're probably the unluckiest guild in the World for plate DPS weapons. And I think it's funny you say that about the Bo-Ris going to a blood DK, our blood DK dissapeared after all our DPS DK's coined one lol

We haven't seen one (Heroic or even normal) yet. (Tempest-bleeding hollow) sucks man.

We got 3 of those so far, 2 to the same DK and another to another DK. All from coins. We're probably the unluckiest guild in the World for plate DPS weapons. And I think it's funny you say that about the Bo-Ris going to a blood DK, our blood DK dissapeared after all our DPS DK's coined one lol
    my guild (11/13hc 25m) 0 heroic 2h str weps. 1 535 council sword from coin.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    my guild (11/13hc 25m) 0 heroic 2h str weps. 1 535 council sword from coin.
    Pretty much the same here. 0 heroic 2h str weps except for our DK tank who has coined Council wep twice in consecutive weeks. Meanwhile warriors and dw frost DK's are raking in the heroic thunderforge 1handers. Was hoping for a heroic wep before 5.3. Guess not.

Deleted
    I just got ilvl 522 Greatsword of Frozen Hells and I'm not sure whether I should use it instead of my current ilvl 528 Zerat, Malakk's Soulburning Greatsword. Is the extra weapon DPS gained from higher ilvl so good that it greatly outweighs the fact that the other sword has much better secondary stats and socket color (and I have excess hit now when using Zerat)? I've never seriously played a melee DPS class before so I would like to get some advice and I hope this is the right thread to post this question...

Deleted
    you should equip zerat and upgrade it tomorow

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else bothered by the fact they removed our t11 prot guardian, but warriors still have their shout from the 2pc from firelands?

not especially, I was tired of swapping gear and having it waste bag space!

On another note, gd i'm parsing like a monster right now. And managed to snag a H TF BoRis and H Jikun's today. victory.

Lei Shen dead. Few rank 1s rolling in. pretty good night. 170k on shen with mostly offhealing and HoJin at end.

Enhance is pretty broken atm.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15534&e=16164
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10419&e=10739 R1 Animus
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12767&e=13301 Consorts nearly 190k with melee running out with only last one alive since half ranged died.

Rets pretty solid now. see how ra-den single target burn looks tommorow.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 04:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheous View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by the fact they removed our t11 prot guardian, but warriors still have their shout from the 2pc from firelands?
    No because rogues and enhance shamans had broken swap sets that got fixed too. Warrior was likely oversight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lei Shen dead. Few rank 1s rolling in. pretty good night. 170k on shen with mostly offhealing and HoJin at end.

Enhance is pretty broken atm.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15534&e=16164
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10419&e=10739 R1 Animus
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=12767&e=13301 Consorts nearly 190k with melee running out with only last one alive since half ranged died.

Rets pretty solid now. see how ra-den single target burn looks tommorow.
    I like the place we're in now, I just think that it's rather rough getting to the point where you keep up. Without having heroic weapons or the proper trinkets we're rather far behind. I just find it silly to get a top 50 rank and still be the middle on meters.

Does anyone know if mass exorcism will hit the adds if you cast it on the heads on Megaera? We typically bring the wyrms into melee. Or do you need to be targetting them to get the aoe effect?
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2013-05-22 at 04:25 PM.

haha yeah we have seen 2 normal Lei shen axes and a Heroic Bo-Ris and a coined council wep where the dk that got said, ewww not this PoS lol. I would say its a mal'ganis curse but other people in the thread say they got crappy luck (huntingbear). Blizz lets not make the next raid tier have 2 Shared boss loot weps and then 1 wep off end boss for 2h melee dps pleeease.