Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

BG Roll Check Failed

So far all night I have seen horde entering the BG as DPS and then swapping to heals. Alliance are doing it as well.

Most matches the horde will start with 3 healers and then go up to as much as 5 or 6.

So far it seems the only thing it has done is inflate BG queue timers, the same problem is there...showing yet again GC was wrong.

maybe give them 5 mins to balance and iron out the system's flaws before QQing? it's day 1 of a new patch ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera View Post
    maybe give them 5 mins to balance and iron out the system's flaws before QQing? it's day 1 of a new patch ffs.
    What is PTR there for?
    How many times has the community warned Blizzard about something that they ignored?

10+ Year Old Account
    what a disaster.
    Hi

That was predicted and discussed multiple times on here and the official forums, and rather accurately by the looks of it.
    Not that it wasn't obvious given how people have already done that to cheat dungeon queues.
    What it should have had was a lock on your spec, so that the spec you chose to queue for is activated for you inside with no option to change it.

This not QQ'ing but a rather damning example of blizzard ignoring the obvious, and ignoring a complaint by the community.

What a failure of a system. Couldn't get any offensive pressure with half the team being healers, lost 500-1600.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard overestimated Random People. I assume in a hotfix or 5.4 it will do as ComputerNerd says.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

As I thought would happened.

Deleted
    - Hey, GC, but what if people queue as healers just to avoid the queue time and they don't actually heal in the bg ?
    - What... How...I don't even...I can't... No....Nah, they wouldn't do that, that would weaken their team. Deeeerp.

we can all whine on the forum all day abd say WE TOLD YOU SO. but atleast for most part of the ptr is was broken(dunno about the last weeks) but blizzard had no numbers on why people would do it. now they can gather the numbers and can work on a fix. ptr is not a tool to prevent people from going healer while there not a healer or the other way around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ylera View Post
    I think the issue isn't that it's flawed, but that players specifically asked about it and warned them this would happen. I was among hundreds of other players who knew this would happen, and like ComputerNerd, suggested that players be locked into roles (kicked from the queue if they changed spec before accepting it, as well as preventing changing spec before the battle starts).

I can't speak for everyone, but I wasn't doing it to bash their new system. I think it's a great idea, but they've obviously implemented it poorly because they didn't listen. We were trying to help them avoid this whole problem occurring, they assured us it wouldn't happen, it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Inahu View Post
    I think the issue isn't that it's flawed, but that players specifically asked about it and warned them this would happen. I was among hundreds of other players who knew this would happen, and like ComputerNerd, suggested that players be locked into roles (kicked from the queue if they changed spec before accepting it, as well as preventing changing spec before the battle starts).

I can't speak for everyone, but I wasn't doing it to bash their new system. I think it's a great idea, but they've obviously implemented it poorly because they didn't listen. We were trying to help them avoid this whole problem occurring, they assured us it wouldn't happen, it did.
    and again there is not there final product. but its atleast better then it use to be. it need some fixing. but its good that blizzard keeps having some faith in there players. its just to bad people are spoiled like hell these days and can either be a d*ickhead and not play the role you signed up for(i mean no1 force you to sign up for a role. so why sign up for a roll you don't like?) or they go whine on the forum told you so blizzard you dumb fucks don't care you run a 8m+ sub mmo. and i know everyting better when i'm online. but i actualy need to mom to wipe my bud.

where did they say it would never happen? because i say a blue post where they said they know it will probebly happen. and they will fix it when needed. but even if they abuse the system its better then having not a system at all.

As it stands now, it's useless. I see absolutely no difference whatsoever. People queue as heals and switch to DPS. People queue as DPS and switch to heals.

It solved absolutely nothing. I'm sure in the future there will be more rigorous "role locking" going on if Blizzard decides to even keep this feature, but right now it's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    As it stands now, it's useless. I see absolutely no difference whatsoever. People queue as heals and switch to DPS. People queue as DPS and switch to heals.

It solved absolutely nothing. I'm sure in the future there will be more rigorous "role locking" going on if Blizzard decides to even keep this feature, but right now it's pointless.
    It's beyond useless to the point where it solved nothing and screwed up other things. The queue times are often 5-10 minutes for alliance and before the patch they were always under a minute.

Remove specking inside the bg already it was dumb even before the que system!

The que system both for bg and dung/lfr shud automaticly activate the queued specc then lock it.
    Issues with 2x healing specs yes... yes..... the system can be smart enough to not lock it when u have 2x heal speccs
    its just a shit load of criss cross programin 1+2= 3 2+2----4--1--3-1-3-34-1|1-3-4-1234-
    bla bla spiderweb
    Last edited by anabolicz; 2013-05-22 at 06:43 AM.

" A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities "

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That was predicted and discussed multiple times on here and the official forums, and rather accurately by the looks of it.
    Not that it wasn't obvious given how people have already done that to cheat dungeon queues.
    What it should have had was a lock on your spec, so that the spec you chose to queue for is activated for you inside with no option to change it.

This not QQ'ing but a rather damning example of blizzard ignoring the obvious, and ignoring a complaint by the community.
    This exactly. Blizzard needs to start listening to their customers who are usually smarter then they when it comes to balance issues like this. The community saw this coming a mile away, there's not a single excuse that Blizzard didn't.

As I've said before, it's time for some new blood in charge of Blizzard. Blood that actually has the blinders off.

Seriously, everyone knows this game is being run by a bunch of rank amateurs. It's been this way for over a year and a half at least. What is truly mind boggling is why you continue to support this crap with your $15 donation each month.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-05-22 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    What is PTR there for?
    How many times has the community warned Blizzard about something that they ignored?
    This is very true, although it was the opposite on PTR. DPS Q'd up as healers instead of healers Q'd up as DPS.

Yeah yeah, it's patch day and people are going nuts. We'll see how big a problem it is 3-4 weeks from now.

Personally I think BGs should lock you to the spec you queue as, but even so I don't think day 1 is representative of anything.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 06:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    This exactly. Blizzard needs to start listening to their customers who are usually smarter then they when it comes to balance issues like this.
    I read the forums almost every day and I can testify that this is completely false lol. If the people who complain on the forums designed this game nobody would play it. Not even them!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Seriously, everyone knows this game is being run by a bunch of rank amateurs. It's been this way for over a year and a half at least. What is truly mind boggling is why you continue to support this crap with your $15 donation each month.
    and i'm sure you can do a better job running a 8m sub based mmo right?