Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Id say they do, every hundred or thousand years they have to face down the entire mantid swarm
    Similar to some other "watchers on the wall" (ie, crows in GoT), they've definitely been bad-ass in the past. However, while in the past they were up to it, they certainly weren't ready now.

And, to those of you saying they need to counter this Yaugol threat - seems to me they got certain heroes to do that job, no? There's a couple S-P outposts here and there, but this generation's pandas just aren't up to the job.

My original point was that Taran Zhu is making pretty empty threats here. I wasn't trying to say that I'm surprised he's pissed off (I would be, too!) but just that he's hardly in the position to be threatening to "purge the valley".

To those of you quoting out-of-game sources about what a BAMF he and the S-P are - I couldn't care less. I see how he's talking #!$#@ in-game, and in-game he's not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malist View Post
    You honestly have no idea because of the conflict that came to Pandaria. Do you even read the story? They were spread across multiple fronts because of what we awakened. These people rose up against the Mogu we fight in a raid unarmed. Defend the wall every so often from massive numbers. You over estimate your power. You didn't defeat the Lich King or Illidan. You do realize you are a pathetic hero and it is neutrals all the time doing the real work.
    The Horde and Alliance dont awaken all of the Sha. The only sha they awaken is the Sha of Doubt in the Jade Forest. The rest of them are already causing trouble all over pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by tyggyr View Post
    even my somewhat empty homeland of Mulgore seems more beautiful to me...
    You've got very perverted sense of beauty. But don't fret, that's the problem most Horde players have.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 05:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Seriously, this shit just pisses me off. Its bad enough we had to put up with garrosh crapforbrains hellscream turning the horde into a totalitarian society, seeing every good aspect of the horde pissed on, seeing everything garrosh does become the aspect of all evil so thus the horde becomes evil, and so all neutral factions view the horde as evil (dalaran, shado-pan, they'd probably do it with the cenarion circle with the deforesting of ashenvale if they could).
    What happened to your "We are so badass" attitude, Hordie?

10+ Year Old Account
    i would've told Algalon to purge the entire world and be done with it, meanwhile thrall gets in a draeni ship and flies to safety.
    Hi

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    He's awfully confident for a guy who's needed us to solve every single problem he's had for him since landing in Pandaria.

He's a guy in charge of a small force, charged with protecting the continent and who has had to face:

The Zandalari invasion
    Massive Sha eruptions in Pandaren lands
    The Mantid Swarm
    A renewed Mogu offensive
    Incursions by both Alliance and Horde forces
    The Yaungol migration

His forces are fighting multiple enemies on multiple fronts at the same time, were largely taken by surprise given the timing and they've never been a huge force. Given all that, they're probably doing quite well and with the reduction in fighting and the lowering of the threat level, they probably could mass a large enough force to purge the temple.

EJL

Deleted
    Regardless of who's in the right, are the shado pan really stupid enough to think they can take on the horde?

I thought Taran Zhu was supposed to be smart.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Also, what makes me laugh is how, we' just had an entire patch about horde and alliance forces helping the shado-pan take down the pandaren's ancient enemy, the thunder king, which lets face it those ninja panda's could not have done it alone... only for them to instantly turn on the horde because of what the goblins under Garrosh's orders have done, and they don't even listen to reason from Dezco (who if you read the dezco short story, your know the tragic events of that) after all he's been though.

Seriously, I didn't know what to think about the shado-pan for most of it, but if this is the last we see of them in the games story, good bloody riddance .
    The Horde didn't do it alone. The Alliance didn't do it alone. The Shado-pan didn't do it alone. Although, the Shado-pan had successfully been keeping their enemy at bay until the Horde and Alliance came to pandaria with all our emotions and crap.
    It's our fault they re-emerged. The Shado-pan are not weak.

The question is, would the Horde and the Alliance, standing on their own, be able to resist the Shado-pan if they chose to do this purge? Remember, the victories against the Mogu and the Sha were made with all three factions together.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    His forces are fighting multiple enemies on multiple fronts at the same time, were largely taken by surprise given the timing and they've never been a huge force. Given all that, they're probably doing quite well and with the reduction in fighting and the lowering of the threat level, they probably could mass a large enough force to purge the temple.
    So he's then going to attack the force (Or half of it, give the alliance some credit too :P ) that then went on to pick off all of those threats (Besides themselves, duh), we've been ROFLstomping ancient threats to Pandaria left, right and center and then Taran Zhu will drag what forces he has left (Pandaren are beating even night elves in the "Dying to show how tough the enemy is"-stakes) and kick the people who took care of 6 Sha, the Mogu (And their much-vaunted king), the Mantid leadership and corruption in the Shado-pan's own HQ?

So far the Shado-pan haven't shown themselves to be capable of purging a clogged toilet, let alone a force of people who did in half a year what they never could, Taran Zhu should just shut up for once, maybe even retire (Or take up brewing :P )

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Regardless of who's in the right, are the shado pan really stupid enough to think they can take on the horde?

I thought Taran Zhu was supposed to be smart.
    They've been fighting more than once faction in Pandaria for longer than the Horde and Alliance have excisted. I'd say they could be a force to be reckoned with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    They've been fighting more than once faction in Pandaria for longer than the Horde and Alliance have excisted. I'd say they could be a force to be reckoned with.
    Sure, I don't doubt their power, but they have recently taken some pretty bad losses what with all those conflicts, I don't know the current state of their forces, but common sense would dictate that getting into a conflict with a force like the horde so soon after war on the scale they have recently been in would not be a smart move at all.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    So he's then going to attack the force (Or half of it, give the alliance some credit too :P ) that then went on to pick off all of those threats (Besides themselves, duh), we've been ROFLstomping ancient threats to Pandaria left, right and center and then Taran Zhu will drag what forces he has left (Pandaren are beating even night elves in the "Dying to show how tough the enemy is"-stakes) and kick the people who took care of 6 Sha, the Mogu (And their much-vaunted king), the Mantid leadership and corruption in the Shado-pan's own HQ?

So far the Shado-pan haven't shown themselves to be capable of purging a clogged toilet, let alone a force of people who did in half a year what they never could, Taran Zhu should just shut up for once, maybe even retire (Or take up brewing :P )
    They've never fought an enemy this strong. Until the Alliance and Horde showed up, they hadn't needed to either. Except for fighting the Mantid for a few thousand years on their own...

It's our fault a lot of this happened to begin with. It'd be a shame if we couldn't fix the problems we created. Remember the starting zone in Pandaria when the soldiers get taken over by Sha and all that? Our fault. The Sha drew power from US.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    He's a guy in charge of a small force, charged with protecting the continent and who has had to face:

The Zandalari invasion
    Massive Sha eruptions in Pandaren lands
    The Mantid Swarm
    A renewed Mogu offensive
    Incursions by both Alliance and Horde forces
    The Yaungol migration

EJL
    The funny thing is, the only thing caused by the arrival of Horde and Alliance to Pandaria is the Sha attack. And in every single other point the Shado-Pan are getting served well. The Alliance and the Horde saved numerous villagers in Kun'Lai Summit, helped to repel the Yaungol invasion, the Mantid invasion, helped to deal with the Sha they caused (and the Sha they didn't), and well, if thats not enough, WE KILLED FREAKING THUNDER KING! Well, you know, the guy who wished to enslave or kill the living shit out of you pandas? Yeah, the one agains who you send like 10 Pandas, calling them an "Assault"?

And what does Taran Zhu do? He is speaking crap about us to the White Tiger "Shang Tsung" Celestial. He gets possessed by a Sha in his own freaking house, waiting like Princess Peach for Mario to save her. And then, after being so useless, he is the important figure that jumps in between of Lor'Themar and Jaina and tells Lor'Themar "Your people were killed and a huge number of them is being imprisoned? Who cares, shake her hand now!".

So, I guess the logical response from any Horde member who hears "You are no good here, get the fuck out" would be assigning a business meeting between Hordes fist and Tarans face. Seriously, considering the mount of times we saved their asses, the Pandaren should praise the Horde and the Alliance like freaking gods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Wait.....

What are we even discussing here? Having Garrosh do an evil act is Alliance favoritism?
    Yes, because we can do no wrong.
    Apparently.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Sure, I don't doubt their power, but they have recently taken some pretty bad losses what with all those conflicts, I don't know the current state of their forces, but common sense would dictate that getting into a conflict with a force like the horde so soon after war on the scale they have recently been in would not be a smart move at all.
    Could the Horde and Alliance individually deal with each other AND the Shado-Pan, AND the trolls, AND the Mogu, AND the Sha?
    No.

I think that they would have an easier time dealing with the Horde than they've ever had dealing with the Mogu, the Mantid or the Sha. Remember, we're talking about the regular Horde. Not a Horde full of people at player character power-levels.

Besides, that which remains of the Horde that is hostile is Garrosh and those loyal to him. The Horde is not unified. It's in open civil war. It wouldn't be hard to deal with it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-22 at 07:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    The funny thing is, the only thing caused by the arrival of Horde and Alliance to Pandaria is the Sha attack. And in every single other point the Shado-Pan are getting served well. The Alliance and the Horde saved numerous villagers in Kun'Lai Summit, helped to repel the Yaungol invasion, the Mantid invasion, helped to deal with the Sha they caused (and the Sha they didn't), and well, if thats not enough, WE KILLED FREAKING THUNDER KING! Well, you know, the guy who wished to enslave or kill the living shit out of you pandas? Yeah, the one agains who you send like 10 Pandas, calling them an "Assault"?

And what does Taran Zhu do? He is speaking crap about us to the White Tiger "Shang Tsung" Celestial. He gets possessed by a Sha in his own freaking house, waiting like Princess Peach for Mario to save her. And then, after being so useless, he is the important figure that jumps in between of Lor'Themar and Jaina and tells Lor'Themar "Your people were killed and a huge number of them is being imprisoned? Who cares, shake her hand now!".

So, I guess the logical response from any Horde member who hears "You are no good here, get the fuck out" would be assigning a business meeting between Hordes fist and Tarans face. Seriously, considering the mount of times we saved their asses, the Pandaren should praise the Horde and the Alliance like freaking gods.
    Except they had been keeping status quo for a few thousand years, on their own.
    Until we arrived, and destroyed that status quo and every single force that worked against the Shado-pan in Pandaria took that chance to go on the offensive.

I must be missing something.

Horde/ Alliance > Thunder King. Thunder King > Shado-pan

So... Horde/ Alliance >> Shado-pan

How exactly are they intending to oust the Horde, again?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, the shado-pan are crazy weak.
    Probably why they've protected an entire continent by themselves for last thousand years or so.
    It certainly can't have anything to do with gameplay mechanics or the fact that the shado-pan walking around and judo-choping everything for you would get a bit boring.
    Or that pretty much any NPC is WoW is shunted off to the side for the player characters to take the spotlight due to this being, you know, a game.
    Certainly not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calthric View Post
    Edit: I agree with Trassk. I'm getting rather tired of people branding the Horde 'evil' at every turn whilst the Alliance is viewed as the 'good guys'.
    Get rid of both Garrosh and Sylvanas and we'll talk about changing your image.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yes, the shado-pan are crazy weak.
    Probably why they've protected an entire continent by themselves for last thousand years or so.
    It certainly can't have anything to do with gameplay mechanics or the fact that the shado-pan walking around and judo-choping everything for you would get a bit boring.
    Or that pretty much any NPC is WoW is shunted off to the side for the player characters to take the spotlight due to this being, you know, a game.
    Certainly not.
    This ^ Yes, all the quests have you doing X and Y, because if the NPC's did it, whats the point?

I really was like "Do it Taran-Zhu: PURGE THEM". I really can't stand the Horde inhabiting the Vale. It's such a disgrace. I can only accept Tauren in it.

Edit: That does not mean that I do not think that Humans are not a disgrace for the Vale. They are. They should go away. Night Elves, Draenei, Tauren & Dwarves are ok in my book for the Vale, but races like Goblins or Blood Elves need to be just exterminated and driven away from the Vale. I am really not fond of letting the Vale be in danger of races who would explode it to get minerals or draw every last shrink of energy away.

PURGE THEM!!
    Last edited by Well; 2013-05-22 at 07:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuckin' plague them all.

You guys actually think the Shado-pan could take on the FORSAKEN? lool