Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

what's this I keep hearing about blood DPS?

apparently, blood DPS as an actual DPS seems to be pretty good on bosses with reasonable raid damage. how does this work?

Deleted
    Damn I thought they were bringing back blood dps spec... Damn you Don Vito for getting my hopes up

Why would you want to when you could just play frost or unholy O.o

something to do with vengeance probably. Either way I dont think it'll be viable, I do miss blood dps though.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post

Why dps as frost or unholy if you can pull the same dps as blood with MUCH more survivabilty and an emergency tank if needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    apparently, blood DPS as an actual DPS seems to be pretty good on bosses with reasonable raid damage. how does this work?
    I've never tried it in normal/heroic raids but I usually do around the dps of LFR folks in LFR as blood while not tanking

how does this work?
    It doesn't

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by staart View Post
    I've never tried it in normal/heroic raids but I usually do around the dps of LFR folks in LFR as blood while not tanking
    you mean high end (70-80K) or low end (30-40K)? I could see someone with DPS gear optimized for crit and haste in UH presence and reasonable vengeance from soaking bad stuff getting reasonable DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    It doesn't
    It does very well actually, forge your complete Gear to haste, DPS Meta gem and Fallen Crusader and 2 dd trinkets (Ji Kun Feather and the one from Horridon for example).
    Also DPS 2s Bonus helps a lot.
    As a Tank i pull way over 100k on all Bosses without having any survivability issues at all on all normal Mode bosses.

Bloodshields are smaller ofc but you have much more runes, simply adapt your playstyle a bit and deathstrike wehn you are under 90% health and you'll be absolutely fine

Quote Originally Posted by Definition View Post
    Because blood dps in wrath was the best spec in game. By a mile. It was actualy fun to play, compared to frost and unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by Embraced View Post
    It does very well actually, forge your complete Gear to haste, DPS Meta gem and Fallen Crusader and 2 dd trinkets (Ji Kun Feather and the one from Horridon for example).
    Also DPS 2s Bonus helps a lot.
    As a Tank i pull way over 100k on all Bosses without having any survivability issues at all on all normal Mode bosses.

Bloodshields are smaller ofc but you have much more runes, simply adapt your playstyle a bit and deathstrike wehn you are under 90% health and you'll be absolutely fine
    Except the OP is talking about blood dps and not tank dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Except the OP is talking about blood dps and not tank dps.
    That Playstyle is called Blood DPS. Has nothing to do with actually being a DPS class.
    Could be viable on bosses where you can stack vengance by standing in shit (Megaera, Jinrokh, Horridon)

but to compete with real dps classes you have to get your vengance really high, which usually works only by AMS or by pissing of your healers.
    (Standing in Jinrokh Lighningpools for example).

The Trick on Blood DPS is to refresh your diseses once Trinkets procced / vengance is high. There is a Addon to track this but i can't remember its name, DkDiseases or anything like it

Edit: Also Death Siphon hits like a truck with high vengance
    Last edited by mmocadca557cc0; 2013-05-22 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Because blood dps in wrath was the best spec in game. By a mile. It was actualy fun to play, compared to frost and unholy.
    Point still stands, blood dps from "back then" is not possible with the current rune system and thus the spec would feel more like unholy.

Quote Originally Posted by jones904 View Post
    Why dps as frost or unholy if you can pull the same dps as blood with MUCH more survivabilty and an emergency tank if needed?
    Because this gimmick doesn't pull the same DPS as frost or unholy. Frankly not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Embraced View Post
    That Playstyle is called Blood DPS. Has nothing to do with actually being a DPS class.
    Could be viable on bosses where you can stack vengance by standing in shit (Megaera, Jinrokh, Horridon)

but to compete with real dps classes you have to get your vengance really high, which usually works only by AMS or by pissing of your healers.
    (Standing in Jinrokh Lighningpools for example).

The Trick on Blood DPS is to refresh your diseses once Trinkets procced / vengance is high. There is a Addon to track this but i can't remember its name, DkDiseases or anything like it

Edit: Also Death Siphon hits like a truck with high vengance
    Well, that's not the topic of this thread, let me quote the OP and emphasize the important bit...
    "actual DPS" as in "not a tank maximizing his damage"

Deleted
    mea culpa, i should learn to read proper, sorry

TL;DR of my previous posts:
    as an actual dps, you can only do high dps on bosses where you can stack your vengance (by being a scumbag dps)

Highly doubt this would be reasonable though

Edit: I did 190k dps on our last Jinrokh kill, doing all the things i mentioned before.
    Highly doubt you can pull that off without the vengance of his meleehits.

But why not simply try in LFR, i might be wrong
    Last edited by mmocadca557cc0; 2013-05-22 at 11:24 AM.

in UH presence and reasonable vengeance from soaking bad stuff getting reasonable DPS.
    If not mistaken blizzard changed things so you have to be in blood presence to get vengeance. Problem comes if your dps is actually comparable with other dps players your threat gain is not. You could easily pass up the real tanks if you can soak up enough raid damage.

Only reason i know this is in LFR I que as DPS but still stay in my blood spec as I dps in it. It is by no far the best but I hate the rotations of the other 2 specs. Every once in awhile I'll get the adds to stick on me vs. the off tank and then my threat goes up if I'm tunneling on the boss
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    If not mistaken blizzard changed things so you have to be in blood presence to get vengeance. Problem comes if your dps is actually comparable with other dps players your threat gain is not. You could easily pass up the real tanks if you can soak up enough raid damage.

Only reason i know this is in LFR I que as DPS but still stay in my blood spec as I dps in it. It is by no far the best but I hate the rotations of the other 2 specs. Every once in awhile I'll get the adds to stick on me vs. the off tank and then my threat goes up if I'm tunneling on the boss
    I can't find any evidence about vengeance not being available outside of blood presence. do you have a source or proof for that?

I can't find any evidence about vengeance not being available outside of blood presence. do you have a source or proof for that?
    Nope been searching on google as well and can't find an article to back it up. Just from personal experience when I forget to get out of unholy for movement speed increase doing my farm dailies I kill a lot slower... wish I could test in game to give clarification but at work
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

You can test it yourself ingame, you don't get vengeance while not in blood presence and your vengeance will disappear if you switch to frost/unholy presence.

To OP, this topic was beat to death, it's not worth it... sure you can get away with it in lfrs like the people that does 20k dps on every boss but you'll do pitiful damage compared to every other dps in a normal raid setting unless you whore vengeance and overaggro the other tanks (and you should just tank if that's what you are planning).