Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners

Deepwind Gorge - First Impressions

New BG, new gameplay, NEW MAP!

Share your opinions, hatred, love anything!

Personally, I think the map is brilliant. There are plenty of ways I can use to sneak up on an enemy mine (As a McNinja should) and so far the win-loss is 50/50 for me, so it seems pretty balanced.

Deleted
    Pretty cool imo.
    Being able to steal resources from the other team is pretty awesome.
    Win-loss is 50/50 for me too so far.

Anyone know the amount stolen, I tried to keep track but in the chaos atm I always miss it.

hate it, after few tries still don't understand tactic, how the fuck resources going down and u get it
    as far as I see it's like flag bg(cart)[warsong,twin peaks], and bases just for lols
    but anyway damn braindead alliance still go for bases and ignored all carts , as they always go flag on eye of storm where it not mattered
    meh lost 5 in row, and cba
    share plz tactic for this

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    hate it, after few tries still don't understand tactic, how the fuck resources going down and u get it
    as far as I see it's like flag bg(cart)[warsong,twin peaks], and bases just for lols
    but anyway damn braindead alliance still go for bases and ignored all carts , as they always go flag on eye of storm where it not mattered
    meh lost 5 in row, and cba
    share plz tactic for this
    Unfortunately this is a bg that requires about 1/3rd of your group to be sober. An unrealistic expectation from a pug group.

The idea is you take the bases, the bases give resources which are stored in your base, and then the other side can steal around 100-200 of them by dragging your minecart to their own base.

Pretty simple, right? Wrong. Your entire team will fight 30-40 yards from the center mine, while you're brutally molested by 8 of the other team. All the while thinking "hey, if 8 of the horde are here, why haven't my 14 other team mates been able to beat the remaining 7 defending the center mine?" At this point you'll press M and discover they've now shifted to the pandaren mine and set up a picnic or some shit.

I did this BG about 10 times today, i won once and only once because my girlfriend queued up with me and healed the shit out of me while i carried the minecart. Other times? Good luck buddy, you've got about as much chance of winning this bg in a pug as you have seeing the second coming of christ or surviving a dementor's kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    you've got about as much chance of winning this bg in a pug as you have seeing the second coming of christ or surviving a dementor's kiss.
    or getting a titan runestone.

I've won it twice.. 2/2 times I've done it. ._.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stupidly big. No idea how its a 15 Man BG at its size. So don't like it. Trying to capture the cart takes ages to run from one end to the other.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the same thing as any random bg. If you don't follow the zerg group, you'll get singled out and run over by the opposing zerg group. The map is also terribly designed. There's way too many slopes and ditches that you can probably hide anywhere and afk. There's literally areas on the map that nobody goes to and are just ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was great. Get to 1500/1600 gold and watch the Alliance steal it away from you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I thought it was great. Get to 1500/1600 gold and watch the Alliance steal it away from you
    Honestly, I saw your other thread about how much of a success 5.3 is. I'm glad someone out there enjoys 5.3. There's always a light in a sea of constant negativity I guess.

I'm lucky if I do each BG once a month, that being said... I don't think this one needed to be added.

I don't understand why blizzard continues to think that complex = better.

At its core, this map feels like WSG combined with AB... and didn't end up improving either...

I hadn't been following this part of the patch notes, so I thought this was the DotA style map... sadly that one could have been a worthy addition to the BG selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I'm lucky if I do each BG once a month, that being said... I don't think this one needed to be added.

I don't understand why blizzard continues to think that complex = better.

At its core, this map feels like WSG combined with AB... and didn't end up improving either...

I hadn't been following this part of the patch notes, so I thought this was the DotA style map... sadly that one could have been a worthy addition to the BG selection.
    nah this is Eye of storm other way around

This bg is ridiculously fun. Of the 20 games played I've lost 5. Bg is pretty simple if your team isn't a bunch of douche bags. Best way to do it depending on your team comp. You send a healer and 2 - 3 dps to the Goblin mine (south). You send your stealth (rogue, feral) to the Pandaren mine for a ninja cap after the alliance leave and zerg mid. You send another healer(s) and remaining dps to mid. If you have a tank he should be going and grabbing the cart with a healer and maybe a dps. If you don't have a tank then plate dps or a healer would be fine. Moving the cart to your base. If you control mid run the cart through mid. If you don't you run it to the Goblin or Pandaren routes. If you open the map you can see there are different roads that you can take. Shortest always better imo. Faster caps = more gold right? Defending your cart you want dps that can slow also dk deathgrips work to bring the cart back so you can chain deathgrip him and gg.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Good luck buddy, you've got about as much chance of winning this bg in a pug as you have seeing the second coming of christ or surviving a dementor's kiss.
    Today, on the Alliance, I actually got 1600 - 0 in a pug group .. One in a million chance right?

Seemingly impossible luck has handed me 23 straight wins (10 yesterday and 13 today) before losing my first one. Within those 23 wins:
    5 Perfections
    4 BGs where we were losing for the vast majority and turned it around somehow
    Overall rating: Would Play Again.
    On the flip side, getting cart caps is INSANELY difficult, and I can't fathom how someone would get 4 in a single game for the achievement... >_<

This can't be the norm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really liking Deepwind Gorge - mainly because of all the cliff-type areas that ranged can cast from.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarantaur42 View Post
    Seemingly impossible luck has handed me 23 straight wins (10 yesterday and 13 today) before losing my first one. Within those 23 wins:
    5 Perfections
    4 BGs where we were losing for the vast majority and turned it around somehow
    Overall rating: Would Play Again.
    On the flip side, getting cart caps is INSANELY difficult, and I can't fathom how someone would get 4 in a single game for the achievement... >_<

This can't be the norm.
    lol maybe it was just dumb luck because people didn't know what they were doing but I got the 4 cart cap achieve my very first game. =p I just can't seem to get the All-star right now. Always getting hit when trying to defend a base.

Haven't played it a LOT yet, but I like it. After my first match I was very interested. I really appreciate that they're still thinking of new gameplay styles for pvp maps.

My only problem is the map feels a little huge for the amount of players, but whatever. It's nice in a way I suppose.

Deleted
    Love it, the setting, tactics, everything... and thats coming from someone that hates random bgs. Really pleased.

Today, on the Alliance, I actually got 1600 - 0 in a pug group .. One in a million chance right?
    Most of the good players went to check it out so you were prolly not in your average pug.