Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 1 problem with Gnomes and Dwarves and why we seldom see them as bosses is the simple fact they are very small and you wouldn't be able to see them when a tank pulls them and positions them. So unless Blizz thinks up a logical reason why there are supersized gnomes we won't see them as raid bosses.

This is one of those occasions where the game needs go beyond the lore needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolls are really boring -.- they should focus more on the undead/ goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Well, if you call massacring them at every turn and having even their smarter tribes turned into straight villains to be killed for loot, yeah... few other races get that kind of favouritism.
    The problem is that whenever a race features heavily into the story-line of a patch, they get a huge lore update. Trolls have had most of their history and present described into more detail than any other race, and now we have yet another troll-centric patch (and yes, a rebellion led by a troll, mainly fought by trolls is troll-centric) whereas the vast majority of the races are left in the dust lore-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The 1 problem with Gnomes and Dwarves and why we seldom see them as bosses is the simple fact they are very small and you wouldn't be able to see them when a tank pulls them and positions them. So unless Blizz thinks up a logical reason why there are supersized gnomes we won't see them as raid bosses.

Knowing Blizzard and their logic, they'll just up the size of the model to be extremely large so you can see them. I would imagine it's common knowledge now that bosses really are not that large in lore (Besides the OBVIOUSLY large creatures / beasts). Seeing as how we have many dwarf bosses that aren't flesh compared to those that have, they are willing to up size to bypass lore reasons.

At least I hope, because we do need more race bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

This is easily bypassed. Seeing Mimiron as an example. Gnomes most likely won't fight themselves but let robots or others fight for them.

It is quite easy to see more raidbosses with gnomes. Example: A gnome mage is in an impregnable bubble. He at the same time unleashes a beast that is in fact "the raid boss". We get this boss down to 10% and then the beast smashes through the bubble, leaving the gnome dead.

Or the gnome turns the entire raid to a smaller size. While in fact we remain the same size but everything gets bigger etc.

You can make up many of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    This is easily bypassed. Seeing Mimiron as an example. Gnomes most likely won't fight themselves but let robots or others fight for them.

It is quite easy to see more raidbosses with gnomes. Example: A gnome mage is in an impregnable bubble. He at the same time unleashes a beast that is in fact "the raid boss". We get this boss down to 10% and then the beast smashes through the bubble, leaving the gnome dead.

Or the gnome turns the entire raid to a smaller size. While in fact we remain the same size but everything gets bigger etc.

You can make up many of these things.
    The end-boss of Gnomeregan (forgot his name) was sitting in a tank, which pretty much resolved the issue the way you described it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    and though Argus is the Draenei homeworld we wont see much of the Draenei
    As long as the Exodar is removed as well, I am cool with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Erm i´d ask it the otehr way around. like: Who does love a troll raid?
    o/

The OP does have a point, though. Would be interesting to see someone tally up all the dungeons and raids in the game and check the percentage of each race present.

Clearly, it'd need to be more nuanced than "Troll" and "Not Troll".

Hard to take gnomes seriously. They appear as much as they should.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    No you don't understand, there is no other meaning. Someone somewhere used the term correctly and a lot of people misunderstood the meaning and ran with it.

It would be like someone from another country watching brokeback mountain and then calling every male couple 'A couple of cowboys'. You are using the term incorrectly.

Its based on Star Trek Fan Fiction where a character named Mary Sue was a member of Star Fleet and it was obvious the author was writing themselves into their fantasy setting.
    geez. ok Sheldon. I'll just replace it with another term once I found it.

The resurgence of the leper gnome nation will not be stopped!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    History has shown us that whenever Trolls are involved with anything the Horde and the Alliance will drop whatever they're doing at the time.
    I agree, although WoW lore backs up the high amount of troll involvement in WoW due to how spread out the Troll empire is. I still feel like they get a ridiculous amount of attention. I mean they are a cool race and they have a very interesting culture, but they are no where near as interesting as some of the other races in WoW. I'd like to see much more Draenei, Dwarven, Undead, Gilnean, High Elf and yes Orc inspired raids. It seems like every mid expansion patch in WoW involves Trolls in some way. Also something I noticed with 5.3 is that Vol'jin is acting like he started the rebellion against Garrosh. When in reality the one that mobilized the whole thing and started scheming and organizing the horde dissidents was Lor'themar. I guess he's going to take credit since Blood Elves are second class citizens as far as horde is concerned its Trolls/Orcs. Even Baine was left out of the loop till they attacked Razor Hill which I found kind of hilarious considering how much of a strategic advantage Thunder Bluff has against Orgrimmar.

Anyways this is just how it is with Blizzard, at least if you play Horde you feel relevant to the story. Alliance have gotten shafted in every expansion, funny thing is this one was suppose to be the expansion that would finally make the Alliance the focus of the story. Which is one of the major complains since Vanilla, that there is way too much Horde favoritism in WoW.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Zellviren View Post
    o/

The OP does have a point, though. Would be interesting to see someone tally up all the dungeons and raids in the game and check the percentage of each race present.

Clearly, it'd need to be more nuanced than "Troll" and "Not Troll".
    Using this list of current dungeons in-game:

Dungeons:

Orc: 6
    -Ragefire Chasm
    -Lower Blackrock Spire
    -Upper Blackrock Spire
    -Hellfire Citadel; Ramparts
    -Hellfire Citadel; Blood Furnace
    -Shattered Halls

Human: 7
    -Deadmines
    -Stockades
    -Scarlet Library
    -Scarlet Armory
    -Scarlet Cathedral
    -Escape from Durnholde Keep
    -Trial of the Champion

Night Elf: 1
    -Wailing Caverns

Dwarf: 3
    -Uldaman
    -Blackrock Depths Detention Block
    -Blackrock Depths Upper City

Gnome: 1
    -Gnomeregan

Troll: 6
    -Zul'Farrak
    -Sunken Temple
    -Drak'Tharon Keep
    -Gundrak
    -Zul'Aman
    -Zul'Gurub

Draenei: 1
    -Auchenai Crypts

Blood Elves: 3
    -Mechanar
    -Botanica
    -Magister's Terrace

Undead (non-Forsaken): 10
    -Shadowfang Keep
    -Stratholme Main Gate
    -Stratholme Service Entrance
    -Ahn'Kahet
    -Azjol-Nerub
    -Culling of Stratholme
    -Forge of Souls
    -Pit of Saron
    -Halls of Reflection
    -Scholomance

Naga: 5
    -Blackfathom Deeps
    -Coilfang Reservoir; Slave Pens
    -Coilfang Reservoir; Underbog
    -Steamvault
    -Throne of the Tides

Quillboar: 2
    -Razorfen Kraul
    -Razorfen Downs

Centaur: 3
    -Maraudon Wicked Groto
    -Maraudon Foulspore Cavern
    -Maraudon Earth Song Falls

Ogres: 3
    -Dire Maul Warpwood Quarter
    -Dire Maul Capital Gardens
    -Dire Maul Gordock Commons

Ethereal: 1
    -Mana Tombs

Arakkoa: 1
    -Sethekk Halls

Demons: 3
    -Shadow Labyrinth
    -Arcatraz
    -Well of Eternity

Dragons: 7
    -Opening the Dark Portal
    -The Nexus
    -Violet Hold
    -Oculus
    -Grim Batol(?)
    -End Time
    -Hour of Twilight

Vrykul: 2
    -Utgarde Keep
    -Utgarde Pinnacle

Titan: 3
    -Halls of Stone
    -Halls of Lightning
    -Halls of Origination

Elemental: 4
    -Blackrock Caverns
    -Stonecore
    -Vortex Pinnacle
    -Stormstout Brewery

Tol'Vir: 1
    -Lost City of the Tol'Vir

Sha: 2
    -Temple of the Jade Serpent
    -Shado-Pan Monastery

Mogu: 1
    -Mogu'shan Palace

Mantid: 2
    -Siege of Niuzao Temple
    -Gate of the Setting Sun

I admit this list probably isn't perfect, but it does seem that the Trolls, together with Orcs and Humans, do have way more dungeons themed after them than any other other playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    trolls are really boring -.- they should focus more on the undead/ goblins
    We already had an entire 12 months worth of undead in v3.3.x...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I do love a good troll raid

I think I've hated every troll dungeon/raid out there. Just not a fan of their lore.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit this list probably isn't perfect, but it does seem that the Trolls, together with Orcs and Humans, do have way more dungeons themed after them than any other other playable race.
    It doesn't change the fact, that OP states that trolls in raids are too common, and there are only 4 troll bosses in total for all tiers..
    All you list are 5mans, i.e. not raids..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    One second. I need to find my sunglasses.
    Ah. There we are.

I guess Blizzard be
    *sunglasses*
    Trollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    If a Troll farts in the forest and no one is around to hear it, how long before players form a raid group to slay it?

History has shown us that whenever Trolls are involved with anything the Horde and the Alliance will drop whatever they're doing at the time.
    Anyone else sick of the obvious Troll favoritism that Blizzard pushes on the playerbase? Trolls are involved in more raids than any other race. Well no more! I demand that we have more gnome raids! It's only fair considering that there are thousands of hardworking gnomes in each and every Warcraft cinematic who don't get the recognition they deserve.
    Gnomes are good for nothing but punting. Get over it.

The troll raids have been by far some of the best raids created though. Also Troll gear has always looked amazing.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 10:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Yea cuz the Mecha-gnomes are related to gnomes.
    Correct, they are.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?