Thread: 5.3 warlocks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Not sure why we're able to enter FnB without any Embers if FnB auto-deactivates when you have no Embers, it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Just activate it like you would with a stance, and watch how awesome your mounts become.
    It's still just a passive in my spell-book, how do you activate it?
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-05-22 at 08:33 PM.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Not sure why we're able to enter FnB without any Embers if FnB auto-deactivates when you have no Embers, it's annoying.

It's still just a passive in my spell-book, how do you activate it?
    It shouldn't have ever been a passive. You have/had to click Fire and Brimstone to make it do anything. Perhaps you're thinking of another ability?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Sorry I was talking about two different topics there. My second question was about green fire:

In good news though, those of us which have the green fire can now activate it like an aura, and combined with the ashes of al'ar, gives us a really awesome fel fire mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    Sorry I was talking about two different topics there. My second question was about green fire:
    When you activate FnB and you have green fire it makes your character glow green while FnB is active.

Awe I wanted something I could activate playing Affy still, it looks pretty cool with the Onyx Cloud Serpent and Dreadsteed
    Last edited by Xandy; 2013-05-22 at 10:53 PM.

Yeah it can be activated again, but to be better at your class, pre 5.3, you could pre empt the amount of embers you would get and cast accordingly, such as like, you could use F&B immolate, spread it to multiple targets, drop ROF on them and soak the embers and spam F&B conflag or F&B incinerate, now though, with the way it regenerates, you need the embers to cast in the first place, which means if the embers don't regenerate as fast as you hope, you end up not being able to cast for 3-4 seconds while your embers generate.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pre empt the amount of embers you would get", but how is old way easier or less complicated than -> Drop Rof on group - hit FnB - Cast immolate - (FnB drops automatically because you have no embers) cast a few single target spells until you get another ember - Cast FnB - spam aoe. You do have to kind of pay attention to you embers in case you run out so you can recast FnB when you catch back up, but it's less taxing than watching your cast bar like a hawk trying to maximize you throughput.

Ugh, I miss my shotgun AoE. I have to micro my FnB now? Q.Q(not being sarcastic btw)

Anyone else notice the new Demonic Circle graphic? I dunno why they did this tbh, it seems a bit silly to just add on that purple stuff on... it just doesn't look right.

I find the new way F&B works pretty good actually.
    My macros in 5.2 was bad, making it impossible for me to spam aoe.

Now though, activate the sucker and AoE away.
    Also i have a small "glowy" icon almost center screen to tell me when i have F&B activated, which makes it really easy to see if the aura is on or not.
    Only stuck on normal mode ToT so far, but my dps was higher and easier to do on Horridon last night with much greater control on F&B and embers.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    You can deactivate it by just pressing it again. It's basically a stance now - when active, those abilities also cost an ember but are AoE.
    Except since it's not really a stance, you can't make macro conditions depending on the buff being present or not !
    Surutcra@EU-Hyjal (Arcturus#2484)

Deleted
    the affli swap bug is kinda fixt ? only agony still gets calculated with the "pre swap" buffs

edit: nvm was fixt on friday havent been playing affli the last id lockout
    Last edited by mmocce8ec32c81; 2013-05-23 at 09:52 AM.

It seems Fire & Brimstone has been hotfixed so you cannot even activate it unless you have at least 1 ember.

Ugh. New Teleport circle looks horrible. Why mess with it?

New FnB...not quite there yet. Keep trying.

Obvious (wait for warlock here) circle just got more obvious...

Deleted
    Need to use this tonight with Pureblood firehawk!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post
    Need to use this tonight with Pureblood firehawk!
    It's pretty sweet.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Leimagnuss View Post
    Obvious (wait for warlock here) circle just got more obvious...
    I always thought, if they can get to your circle you are doing it wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Did anyone else realize FnB now uses 7 emberbits instead of a full ember now? I enabled it at 7 emberbits and cast incinerate on a single target, and had 1 remaining (the one acquired from casting the incinerate itself).

This happened yesterday while raiding, maybe they hotfixed it since then I'm not actually sure.

love the new FnB, old fnb was clunky and unspammable with and without macro. new fnb can spamm incins so fast with backdraft up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    Did anyone else realize FnB now uses 7 emberbits instead of a full ember now? I enabled it at 7 emberbits and cast incinerate on a single target, and had 1 remaining (the one acquired from casting the incinerate itself).

This happened yesterday while raiding, maybe they hotfixed it since then I'm not actually sure.
    :O

I wonder if it actually gives you the embers from casting an AoE spell before it removes/checks that you have one ember to cast it.

I did notice I was able to AoE on a lot less targets. Maybe that's why.