Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wait... Alliance gets quests in this patch?

As for the canals in Stormwind, they are, well, canals. Mainly used for transportation of goods, much like any set of canals in a medieval city. I do believe the sewers are mainly underground.
    Pretty much like the Undercity, in fact.
    Last edited by Lynneiah; 2013-05-23 at 02:14 PM.

OP is one of the biggest anti-alliance posters on this board. Why are people still biting?

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is why alliance can't get nice things, because they complain about the small details to much.. even things they consider smell bad to them.

Really, it feels less like 'proud, determined, honorable warrior of the alliance', and more like 'whining, childish brat', when i'm reading this quest text. Perhaps this was blizzards way of sewing some discord, but really, it just makes the alliance come off more immature then proud.
    A quest statement that the area smells bad somehow equates to the Alliance complaining? It's quest text....Blizzard wrote it. The Alliance aren't whining.

It doesn't say your character feels squeamish or that they're feeling icky being around or can't stand the smell. It just says the area smells bad. That's kind of a basic building block of laying a setting for any DM.

Trassk, you're reeeeaaaaallly reaching on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Actually, the Alliance (humans, that is) makes me think of 18th-19th century colonial England. Invading whatever they want, treating the indigenous population like dirt, betraying their own kind (hi Stonemasons Guild) etc...
    But then again, this parallelism can be traced all the way back to Tolkien, in fact.
    What have the humans invaded?
    What have the humans taken?
    What indigenous population have the humans treated like dirt?

And why the bloody hell does every Horde lovin' Alliance hatin' poster completely ignore the entire Onyxia plotline regarding the Stonemasons Guild, Tiffin (and her influencing her husband) being the BIGGEST supporter of paying them the initially agreed payment, and the House of Nobles being manipulated by a puppetmaster dragon? Is that all completely irrelevant because it doesn't support your version of the "big bad humans?"
    Last edited by Faroth; 2013-05-23 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    A quest statement that the area smells bad somehow equates to the Alliance complaining? It's quest text....Blizzard wrote it. The Alliance aren't whining.

It doesn't say your character feels squeamish or that they're feeling icky being around or can't stand the smell. It just says the area smells bad. That's kind of a basic building block of laying a setting for any DM.

Trassk, you're reeeeaaaaallly reaching on this one.
    I think he's running out of ideas, personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, the Alliance visuals are the more realistic, given the culture of the Horde. I remember way, way back when I first started playing Horde, they had big Kodo poops with flies buzzing around them littering Tauren areas.

Plus, if we want to go the extra step, the Trolls have been forced out of Ogrimmar and the outlying cities and forced to live in a tiny fishing village. That many people from a tribal society in one area is gonna lead to some stink.
    Last edited by Anjerith; 2013-05-23 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    This thread today makes me smile, because of the alliance reaction to being called up on the prissiness. Classic. And I didn't need to do anything but state fact yet again.
    Chill out of your superiority and go take a bath. You smell. Your leader smells. Your cities smell. Uncivilised Horde scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Chill out of your superiority and go take a bath. You smell. Your leader smells. Your cities smell. Uncivilised Horde scum.
    Said by someone with draenei male as avatar.

Maybe trolls just smell. Maybe they smell really bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its from the song Forever a Nub.
    And whats up with draenei? They are clean. I mean, i think they do enjoy a bath.
    Speaking of avatars, yours looks like it hasnt done a shower in a week. I mean look at the hair...duh.

15+ Year Old Account
    is that supposed to mean something? Draenei look more civilized and advanced than Humans-Elves-Dwarves combined...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And I'm fairly certain that, lore-wise, the exodar has been repaired by now.
    Prophet's Lesson says, "The Exodar is nearly repaired." Even when fully repaired, it's uncertain whether it'll be repaired properly. Velen has visions of it getting lost in the Twisting Nether, exploding at launch, taking the Draenei back to Outland, or just remaining in Azeroth.

What have the humans invaded?
    What have the humans taken?
    Well of course this doesn't apply to todays humans or the alliance but... maybe you should ask yourself who owned the land the humans build their kingdoms on... If you don't know you could ask your local trolls if anyones are still alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    you live in a city with an open sewer system. I'd be more concerned about our horde troops catching cholera from humans.
    From in game experience we only took a dump once in one quest in Northrend. I would honestly not be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Prophet's Lesson says, "The Exodar is nearly repaired." Even when fully repaired, it's uncertain whether it'll be repaired properly. Velen has visions of it getting lost in the Twisting Nether, exploding at launch, taking the Draenei back to Outland, or just remaining in Azeroth.
    And on top of that it is unclear how far it even can fly (if at all). The mechanar was the propulsion system of tempest keep, the exodar is the crew quarters. It probably only has some emergency drives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Well of course this doesn't apply to todays humans or the alliance but... maybe you should ask yourself who owned the land the humans build their kingdoms on... If you don't know you could ask your local trolls if anyones are still alive.
    It does apply to today's humans and Alliance. Humans did it to the Darkspear in WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Maybe trolls just smell. Maybe they smell really bad.
    I have to say I was mildly confused by the text, when he talked about smelling the stench of Vol'jin. I was thinking there was some reason it had that, but since it didn't say, I just figured I missed something. Hard to really see how we would really be worried about the stench of trolls when we were just hanging out with Sauroks and crushing roaches and we're crawling around in the sewers of ToT.

I'd imagine we've smelled far worse in our time, so it seems odd to highlight it, other than to just fire up the Ally-Horde babble
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-05-23 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldnt say that this indicate alliance being clean pansies. It indicate vol'jin and his glorious rebels being so occupied with glorious liberation of the horde, they cant take shower and clean up they asses. Toothpaste wouldnt hurt either.
    that's kind of OP's point....in a middle of a Horde CIVIL WAR it talks about shower and toothpaste...-.-'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Ironically, it was the High/Blood Elves who built their kingdom on Troll soil as of recent memory, and lore wise the Amani had only a bone to pick with the Alliance because they helped the High Elves. So essentially, it's pretty much the Horde's problem at this point if we are supposed to take the Forsaken being rightful heirs to the northern Human kingdoms seriously as well as the Blood Elves being a member of the faction.

Kobolds and Gnolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Ironically, it was the High/Blood Elves who built their kingdom on Troll soil as of recent memory, and lore wise the Amani had only a bone to pick with the Alliance because they helped the High Elves. So essentially, it's pretty much the Horde's problem at this point if we are supposed to take the Forsaken being rightful heirs to the northern Human kingdoms seriously as well as the Blood Elves being a member of the faction.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out the trolls weren't actually a threat to the Arathor humans and the elves just lied to get help.