Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    When did they get pissy? What I took away from the Worgen starting area was mainly gratitude towards the Night Elves for saving their arses.
    Wolfheart, Wrynn and Greymane couldn't stand each others presence none the less work togeather until Malfurion smoothed it out.
    Prior to that the Gilneans locked themselves behind their walls because they didnt want to help anyone else out.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 04:59 PM ----------

I will also note that the Shado-pan are a small percentage of the Pandaren population. They only accept those who feel the call of duty, its not required service. The few and the brave, an army of one.

Pandaren don't live all over Pandaria, they live in most parts in Jade Forest and four winds, there are fishing vilages in Karasang, 3 small villages in Kun-lai, no one lived in Tao-long steppes because the Yaung-ti lived there and Dread Wastes was too dangerous to go to. Absolutely no pandaren had been allowed in the valley of eternal blossoms.

So they probably populated about 30-35% of the landscape and with the exception of a few Jin-yu were the only ones actively defending it, the majority of Pandaren were living their lives in a traditional means and a small percentage would actually become Shado-Pan if they felt the call of duty.

Deleted
    Is it just me or is Taoshi the only sort of competent Shado-pan member around?

I'll also note that 10,000 years ago the Night Elf high society decided to summon a demon army in hopes that it would wipe all the poor non-royalty nightelves and all other races from the planet so they could make the world perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'll also note that 10,000 years ago the Night Elf high society decided to summon a demon army in hopes that it would wipe all the poor non-royalty nightelves and all other races from the planet so they could make the world perfect.
    Obviously didn't work, the tauren, trolls, dwarves, gnomes and humans are still out there, and several other newcomers and permutations they couldn't even see coming back then :P (Just a note: i'm kidding! )

Wolfheart, Wrynn and Greymane couldn't stand each others presence none the less work togeather until Malfurion smoothed it out.
    I should read that, then. Thanks.
    And what would we do without Malfurion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the sweet tears of horde fanatics..

What did you expect, a bouqet of flowers? For ruining the most beautiful and sacred place on the continent?

Still, Shado-pan's threats are empty. They don't have the force to move us hordies out of the vale.. Unless they get help from the Alliance.. Now that would be a different story..

Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    What did you expect, a bouqet of flowers? For ruining the most beautiful and sacred place on the continent?
    No, I expected some vision from someone so weak.

Although they are propably so weak BECAUSE of lack of vision.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    well....the horde did dig a giant hole in the ground of one of their most sacred areas and unleashed an old god so.....I can't say they are unjustified in being pissed off. it was the last bowling ball that broke the camels back for Taren Zhu, though I'de think it was obvious he hated both the horde and alliance the minute they set foot on Pandaria. we didn't have to go and free him from the the grip of the sha of hatred for no reason.
    This. Taran Zhu didn't become "random corrupted" and so he was an hypocrit by treating us like shit on the beginning, he became corrupted by the awakened Sha of Hate (aswell as other Shado-Pan) because of his despise for us, for bringing our war in his home and threatening his people not only with our conflict by with the Sha that we contributed to awaken. Of course Taran Zhu becoming the favored victim of the Sha we helped to awaken because of his hate for us was bastard irony.

Indeed yet this proved that the Shado-Pan weren't in full control of their emotions as they would love to belive, probably because instead of the rest of the peaceful and almost ignorant pandaren, they had to fight all the shit coming from beyond the wall for thousand of years, so they know what conflict and war means, and for this much more easy prey of negative emotions.

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    They were not innocent. It was impossible for the horde to move through Dalaran without one of them seeing something. Yet none of them reported to the Council... Innocent my ass.
    Baseless and "supposed so just because i like to be so" argument. Like almost all of your arguments.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-23 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    They were not innocent. It was impossible for the horde to move through Dalaran without one of them seeing something. Yet none of them reported to the Council... Innocent my ass.
    Who moved through Dalaran ? I was the one using the portal and it went straight from dominion point to darnassus.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The shado-pan, who acted like there the big bad shadowy protectors of pandaria against the sha, yet the moment any real conflict came to pandaria that would cause the sha to manifest, the shado pan become corrupted by the sha, and we, the outsiders, need to free them from it. Just do the shado-pan monastery to see it.
    Taran zhu become the most corrupted, and we save his ass from the sha.
    Its then us who come to fight against the sha in townlong steppes, obviously there forces arn't that powerful enough so they need the help of outsiders to take care of there problem.
    And on the isle of thunder its both horde and alliance forces fighting against the thunderking that weakens his forces, allowing the shado pan to have any form of victory against him.

And yet, despite all this, despite us (in this case horde), showing the shado-pan that we are prepared to rectify any mistakes we've made, and even stick our necks out of the line to help them, after all this, all it takes is the goblins digging up the vale, and suddenly, nothing we say accounts for anything anymore, we're suddenly the outsiders again and told to leave.

you know what F*** you taran zhu.
    You probably have no idea how sacred that place is to the Pandaren. The very fact the Horde has done ALL that for them and want to kick them out shows how sacred that place is. You might see it as just some hole, they don't see it that way. As for the Shado-Pan being weak, first off EVERYTHING had to happen at once, the Mantid, the Yangol, the Thunder King and his Troll Allies AND the Sha. Are you kidding me? You make it sound like these forces are push overs. Now add ALL that happening at once, of COURSE the Shado Pan will be overwhelmed. The Mantid Swarm came MUCH earlier than they are use to, the Sha the way it is now, probably has never happened before or hasn't happened in a VERY long time and how would they know about a outside force with the Zandalari Trolls were gonna come in at the worse time and revive the Thunder King? They needed help because we (the Horde and Allies) caused a big part of this mess. They are fighting against something on a scale they have never seen before. Here is the thing, maybe, just MAYBE the Shado Pan have been wary of both sides and knew that they needed both sides despite not wanting to. It isn't THAT surprising that they will get easily pissed off. It is a uneasy alliance between the Shado Pan and the Horde. You have to also realize while working with the Horde, they saw things maybe they didn't like too much, but turned their heads, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    You probably have no idea how sacred that place is to the Pandaren. The very fact the Horde has done ALL that for them and want to kick them out shows how sacred that place is. You might see it as just some hole, they don't see it that way. As for the Shado-Pan being weak, first off EVERYTHING had to happen at once, the Mantid, the Yangol, the Thunder King and his Troll Allies AND the Sha. Are you kidding me? You make it sound like these forces are push overs. Now add ALL that happening at once, of COURSE the Shado Pan will be overwhelmed. The Mantid Swarm came MUCH earlier than they are use to, the Sha the way it is now, probably has never happened before or hasn't happened in a VERY long time and how would they know about a outside force with the Zandalari Trolls were gonna come in at the worse time and revive the Thunder King? They needed help because we (the Horde and Allies) caused a big part of this mess. They are fighting against something on a scale they have never seen before. Here is the thing, maybe, just MAYBE the Shado Pan have been wary of both sides and knew that they needed both sides despite not wanting to. It isn't THAT surprising that they will get easily pissed off. It is a uneasy alliance between the Shado Pan and the Horde. You have to also realize while working with the Horde, they saw things maybe they didn't like too much, but turned their heads, who knows.
    This is how sacred the Valley is, the Celestials closed it off so even the Pandaren were not allowed in there. As it is opened and the Pandaren citizens are strolling in they comment about how they heard some mighty hero convinced the Celestials to open up the vale. Then the Mogu come popping out of all the caves and they were considered extinct this whole time. It was so sacred that the Celestials didn't want ANYONE in there for thousands of years.

Then Garrosh sends in Goblins to gut a section of it and they not only mine the area but they strip mine it which is some of the most destructive type of mining possible. Not cool, not cool.

I will note that I am suprised that it took this long to get miffed at the horde when the Goblins built that oil drilling base right on the shore in Karasang that is within eye shot Chi-Ji's island where all the cranes live. There are polluted crabs running around and some kind of giant fish critter washed up on the beach that died from oil in the water. Not cool, not cool.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2013-05-23 at 08:21 PM.

This is how sacred the Valley is, the Celestials closed it off so even the Pandaren were not allowed in there. As it is opened and the Pandaren citizens are strolling in they comment about how they heard some mighty hero convinced the Celestials to open up the vale. Then the Mogu come popping out of all the caves and they were considered extinct this whole time. It was so sacred that the Celestials didn't want ANYONE in there for thousands of years.

Then Garrosh sends in Goblins to gut a section of it and they not only mine the area but they strip mine it which is some of the most destructive type of mining possible. Not cool, not cool.
    Considering what was buried there, we now know why the Celestials didn't want anyone in the Vale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, what makes me laugh is how, we' just had an entire patch about horde and alliance forces helping the shado-pan take down the pandaren's ancient enemy, the thunder king, which lets face it those ninja panda's could not have done it alone... only for them to instantly turn on the horde because of what the goblins under Garrosh's orders have done, and they don't even listen to reason from Dezco (who if you read the dezco short story, your know the tragic events of that) after all he's been though.

Seriously, I didn't know what to think about the shado-pan for most of it, but if this is the last we see of them in the games story, good bloody riddance .
    The events on the Isle of Thunder are occuring concurrently with the Horde Rebellion, per Vol'jins talk with Baine.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

This is just the final straw, really, how much more pandering do they intend to do to validate making the alliance feel superior and demonizing even the only good elements in the horde left.

What, are they going to have the alliance next get to have the horde chained to posts, have all neutral factions become alliance only, and give them 50% land, all the while the alliance community complains about 'waah, blizzard ignores me so much'.

Seriously, this shit just pisses me off. Its bad enough we had to put up with garrosh crapforbrains hellscream turning the horde into a totalitarian society, seeing every good aspect of the horde pissed on, seeing everything garrosh does become the aspect of all evil so thus the horde becomes evil, and so all neutral factions view the horde as evil (dalaran, shado-pan, they'd probably do it with the cenarion circle with the deforesting of ashenvale if they could).

This is why the alliance is also so boring. Since when was the last time the alliance did something that out of faction characters questioned and considered reprehensable. Why is it always on the hordes head they get this? If the alliance did something so rotten a neutral faction considered throwing them out of an organization, I'd actually considered that depth, and show the alliance isn't always the happy go lucky goody good guys.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    lfmao

1. Horde (Orc/Ogre) IS from draenor, but now they call Azeroth their home
    2. Horde received lots of outposts in previously neutral or alliance only territories
    3. Lordaeron went from Alliance to Horde
    4 .same for Silvermoon/Quel'thalas
    5. Ashenvale - Night elven tzone became contested
    6. Nighthaven - former kaldorei capital (yes, it was elen capital before darnassus) became neutral
    7 .Cenarion Circle went from Elves only to neutral including Horde members
    8. Theramore - daelin was kileld, because Jaina wanted to keep peace. if she sided with Daelin, Horde had absolutely NO chances against human forces.
    9. Stromgarde destroyed - now arathi is contested and even horde is pushing for more
    10. ONLY thing horde lost since vanilla, is Camp Taurajo. and if you play allaince side of barrens quest, you will see, that it was not story, horde knows and truth is MUCH MUCH DIFFERENT
    11. Hillsbrad lost
    12. alliance lost alterac
    13. Gilneas left alliance and returned only after ift was destroyed mostly by horde and worgens
    14. Goblins, formerly neutral race joined Horde. and we have seen no explanation for alliance why did they do so. even Goblin starting quests lack any info why suddenly alliance decided take captive Thrall. there was no pre-request info about that. Thrall was still some kind of neutral for alliance. no t rust, but no enmity against his personality
    15. during Cataclysm, alliance lost almost everything, while Horde got upper hand on every map, wher eit was contested. Southern barrens is only place, where alliance pushed a bit front.
    16. need more info?
    everything, that was by allaince, became neutral, left allaince, or became horde
    ally mostly help Horde, or play defense, horde never help ally and go offense (see Icecrown, Hellfire quests)
    horde had actually NOTHING in azeroth, but it gains allies everywhere , more resources, more territories, more races et.c
    even in pandaria. horde go ther,e to DESTROY it, get resources, armies, artifacts, etc. ally go there only to save Anduin and stop horde to destroy pandaria.

Deleted
    lolpandas wouldnt be able to purge anything, haha, they are weak and fat

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Considering what was buried there, we now know why the Celestials didn't want anyone in the Vale.
    interesting point as to whether the Old is really dead.
    When you kill the echo it says "I merely sleep"

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 09:26 PM ----------

I will note that I am suprised that it took this long to get miffed at the horde when the Goblins built that oil drilling base right on the shore in Karasang that is within eye shot Chi-Ji's island where all the cranes live. There are polluted crabs running around and some kind of giant fish critter washed up on the beach that died from oil in the water. Not cool, not cool.
    all nations. even the Alliance harvest resources for industry and what
    Its what make them modern civilizations
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    lolpandas wouldnt be able to purge anything, haha, they are weak and fat
    Oh yeah, they would.
    The powerhouses of the game who do all these impossible and heroic 'deeds' are us, the players.
    Everyone else is disposable and vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    The events on the Isle of Thunder are occuring concurrently with the Horde Rebellion, per Vol'jins talk with Baine.
    Not concurrently, but directly after. Directly as in no time skip whatsoever.

I'm not sure why anyone is shocked, I mean I would be ticked too if I was the Shado Pan. Whether or not you could pull it off doesn't matter, people make threats all the time when things happens regardless if they can truly back it up or not.

The argument for " we helped them so much " comes down to this example. Say I have a friend, we've been helping each other out with various projects and everything is going great, then one day I come home and he's dug my septic tank up ( or sewer lines for the city dwellers). Now just how understanding do you think I or you would be in that situation? You would probably want to kick some ass, even if you are buds. Now the things you have done in the past may keep you from kicking their butt in the end, but at some point you are probably still telling him to get the hell out of your yard or else.

They also didn't do this to make the Alliance feel good, because honestly after doing the scenarios and stuff I never got a sense of satisfaction from it. Hell until this thread I didn't even know the Horde had been threatened to begin with. From the Alliance perspective you do not get a sense that the Horde is bad, its just something else to show you just how horrible Garrosh has become.

I honestly didn't get any " Evil Horde" from it, more of a sense of, oh man this is messed up and they need help even if I do like seeing the Horde struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone is shocked, I mean I would be ticked too if I was the Shado Pan. Whether or not you could pull it off doesn't matter, people make threats all the time when things happens regardless if they can truly back it up or not.

The argument for " we helped them so much " comes down to this example. Say I have a friend, we've been helping each other out with various projects and everything is going great, then one day I come home and he's dug my septic tank up ( or sewer lines for the city dwellers). Now just how understanding do you think I or you would be in that situation? You would probably want to kick some ass, even if you are buds. Now the things you have done in the past may keep you from kicking their butt in the end, but at some point you are probably still telling him to get the hell out of your yard or else.

They also didn't do this to make the Alliance feel good, because honestly after doing the scenarios and stuff I never got a sense of satisfaction from it. Hell until this thread I didn't even know the Horde had been threatened to begin with. From the Alliance perspective you do not get a sense that the Horde is bad, its just something else to show you just how horrible Garrosh has become.

I honestly didn't get any " Evil Horde" from it, more of a sense of, oh man this is messed up and they need help even if I do like seeing the Horde struggle.
    Thats kinda the point. instead of the Shado-pan understanding that theres a problem, you know the same Shado-pan we dug out of a grave with not only the sha possesing there leader, but all the Shas so far and the Thunder King who was stopped by the last emperor( i think?), who would have been unchecked. they threaten and we know for SURE they couldn't back anything up. they cant even keep there own safe you think they pose any threat to us? so AFTER all the help we give them we rationalize with them instead of showing our might honestly and ending him right then and there. telling him we have a problem, this wasnt what we wanted etc etc. i think its time the Horde shows its might to people who bite our hands after we feed them. -.-