Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    4 bags, costs 15 gold coins each when coin cap is 20. You can get 2 from dailies, another from coins - that's 3 bags. I very much doubt he's held onto others for this specific scenario.

As per my previous comment, they seldom ban people when exploits like this occur without legitimate reasons; OP is just looking for an excuse.
    I also believe that there is more to the story here. However, you REALLY need to read more carefully.

He said he was saving his treasure trove keys and that he had 4.

4 keys = 4 runs = 60-80 elder charms = 4 bags, maybe a 5th.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    I also believe that there is more to the story here. However, you REALLY need to read more carefully.

He said he was saving his treasure trove keys and that he had 4.

Especially when Blizzard has not told him why he's banned, yet he can draw the conclusion of it being because of this very specific exploit. Which he coincidentally hasn't partaken in, but has a very irregularly similar case attempting to justify how he hasn't partaken in the exact action searching for some sort of loophole.
    As per above.

Infracted [Minor Spam]: Please post constructively and in a way that adds something to the discussion [ML]

4 bags, costs 15 gold coins each when coin cap is 20. You can get 2 from dailies, another from coins - that's 3 bags. I very much doubt he's held onto others for this specific scenario.

As per my previous comment, they seldom ban people when exploits like this occur without legitimate reasons; OP is just looking for an excuse.

edit: Especially when Blizzard has not told him why he's banned, yet he can draw the conclusion of it being because of this very specific exploit. Which he coincidentally hasn't partaken in, but has a very irregularly similar case attempting to justify how he hasn't partaken in the exact action searching for some sort of loophole.
    I had 20 gold coins, 6 keys plus one more from the bags and this week and more than 20 bags with 1-2 gold coins on my bank for this patch to buy those same bags. Got the same ban as people that abused the bug. It's 72 hour and they take 2 days to answer tickets so myself I won't bother :< Not everyone is guilty, or on the same level as others.
    Last edited by Photek; 2013-05-24 at 12:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my years on the forums I've seen a few of these come up and when there is a good ending it has always been because of the player continually calling Blizzard. Just have to get the right person on the phone.

I'm honestly surprised I have to clarify this. I had 4 keys in my bags. I bought the 15 charm item, which is generally what a player will do when it comes out. I did my trove quest, got 15 more charms, reached my 20 charm cap, bought another bounty and opened it. I repeated this with all my keys, because I was kinda getting sick of seeing them in my bags, and that's what they added the charm sink for. If that's really grounds for a ban, then I'll admit I was wrong for finding an exciting new addition with the patch, and playing the game.

As for the "how did I know what the exploit was" I spoke to somebody ON THE PHONE, who told me what it was. Before that conversation I had NO IDEA why I got banned. I started thinking maybe because I sit around with 500k and am too greedy to spend it.

Good news i got a hold with a nice customer suppor employe by phone and not only found that my accoutn did not actually have suspicios or exploiting activity, also put me on hold as it seemed a gm was actually reviewing my account and then he confirmed it was a bug that happened and several people are appealing. to the mr who keeps saying we cannot proove we are inocent first everyone is inocent unless you proove otherwise 2 we dont need to proove you anything as blizzard can check the logs and see the currency changes

I did troves 6 times i had 6 keys, i can do almost perfect runs wich either was more than 10 golden chests killing last boss and reaching tenwu i can get 12-18 charms per run, i did buy some items as polymorphic keys and arcane propelans to make my runs easy i got 4-5 bontys and i got over 12 burial trove keys 3k gold plus several ritual stones and ducuments etc
    last run i could do i managed to kill the saurok, kill las boss and reach tenwu opened whole room of burial chests and had one of those keys left

Quote Originally Posted by Kokomala View Post
    It's only a 72 hour ban, don't sweat it.
    yeah i was banned yesterday night i have raid thurs and friday... i wouldnt sweat it if i didnt have a raid with my guild

The OP has been told many times how to follow through with Blizzard on the matter. One just needs to remember they can count how many times you click, etc. so if you've truly done nothing wrong you're okay. But if you've done anything like spam clicking, they can very, very easily verify that and uphold the ban. If you didn't do it, keep appealing until they tell you not to as it escalates.

I'm pretty confident they'll unban me if i follow them with phone calls. But I honestly don't want to pay a company for a service that can just be canceled like that on a whim. Hope you get your account back up Leozero =)

you can save the treasure run keys...each run can net more than 15 coins (like i was able to do) resulting in the ability to buy a sunreaver bounty after each run. you then open the bounty, collect the normal items from it, then queue for another run and repeat. Its not against the rules...many of us have been saving the keys cause we had no used of the 20 coins. Please don't comment on this issue claiming we are cheaters if you don't even know how the treasure keys work.

As per above.
    Apparently your attention span only held together for the first sentence or two since it is explained that he used trove keys to get most of the charms and called Blizzard multiple times in which he was told why he was banned.

If you're going to act high and mighty about something at least read it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibuya View Post
    Sounds like you were exploiting. It's a known bug that is currently circulating.
    Sounds like you didn't read what he said.

"Since I don't do a lot of last tier raiding, I didn't have anything to spend those on short of LFRs, so I've been saving my [Key to the Palace of Lei Shen].
    With 4 in my bags, on Tuesday, I decided to go do one, then buy a bounty. I did this 4 times, and clicked to open a bounty once for each bounty. 1 click * 4 bounties = 4 clicks = no exploit."

He states he had 4 keys. So he used 1 key to do the treasure room scenario and get some elder charms. After each treasure room scenario he used the elder charms he earned to buy 1 sunreaver bounty... He repeated this process 4 times. So he earned enough charms to buy 4 bounties then clicked each bounty once to loot the contents.

It sounds to me that blizzard just banned anyone who looted multiple sunreaver bounties within a limited ammount of time without actually investigating each case for the facts.

If the facts are as the OP posted then there was no exploit here.

---------- Post added 2013-05-24 at 04:26 AM ----------

I get at least 15 coins every time I do the treasure room scenario just from clearing the 1st room.... The OP had 4 keys which should add up to at least 60 coins. That's even if he didn't earn extra coins from fortuitous coffers (from gold chest on isle of thunder or from a summonable boss at court of bones). Run scenario, get 15 coins, buy sunreaver bounty, run scenario, get another 15 coins, buy sunreaver bounty... repeat. It's really not that complicated.

I would have done exactly the same thing if I hadn't used my 5-7 keys the week before 5.3 because I was going for the "in the halls of the thunder king" achievement and I hadn't read that they were making sunreaver bounties purchasable with elder charms.

Especially when Blizzard has not told him why he's banned, yet he can draw the conclusion of it being because of this very specific exploit. Which he coincidentally hasn't partaken in, but has a very irregularly similar case attempting to justify how he hasn't partaken in the exact action searching for some sort of loophole.
    He also explained how he found out what the ban was for:

"None of the blizzard employees would tell me why I got banned, but being the curious little 5-year WoW-player (with no previous offenses whatsoever), I kept asking. The 4th gentleman I spoke to was extremely polite and helped me discover what I explained above."
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-05-24 at 03:39 AM.

Good news everyone after a phone call and a gm actually investigating my account i got the following email:
    subject: World of Warcraft Account Action Dispute‏

Blizzard Entertainm​ent
    Thank you for contacting us concerning the recent action taken against the World of Warcraft account XXXXXXXXXXX. After a thorough review of the circumstances involved in this action, the penalty has been removed and access restored.

In addition we have credited the account with 3 days of game time with our sincere apologies for what inconvenience this may have caused you. This time should be available on the account in the next few days.

Thank you for your continued correspondence in regards to your account and for your patience.

Regards,
    -GM NAME-
    Blizzard Entertainment
    us.battle.net

i wanna snap my fingers while moving my neck at Kuku2 and say told you mon!
    anyways if you had the same problem keep appealign and put in your ticket how many times oyu did troves and how many boxes/burial chests you opened, also might help to give a call as the guy on the phone was really really helpfull and flagged my account for a full investigation

Quote Originally Posted by Leozero View Post
    Good news everyone after a phone call and a gm actually investigating my account i got the following email:
    subject: World of Warcraft Account Action Dispute‏

Blizzard Entertainm​ent
    Thank you for contacting us concerning the recent action taken against the World of Warcraft account XXXXXXXXXXX. After a thorough review of the circumstances involved in this action, the penalty has been removed and access restored.

In addition we have credited the account with 3 days of game time with our sincere apologies for what inconvenience this may have caused you. This time should be available on the account in the next few days.

Thank you for your continued correspondence in regards to your account and for your patience.

Regards,
    -GM NAME-
    Blizzard Entertainment
    us.battle.net

i wanna snap my fingers while moving my neck at Kuku2 and say told you mon!
    anyways if you had the same problem keep appealign and put in your ticket how many times oyu did troves and how many boxes/burial chests you opened, also might help to give a call as the guy on the phone was really really helpfull and flagged my account for a full investigation
    I'm very happy to read you got your account back. Unfortunately Blizzard tends to make these mass bans at once and then tries to clean up afterwards. I really dislike it.

Though I have to believe the majority of players they ban are guilty (for my own sanity) it's really hard to be endearing to your fan base when you consider players are guilty until proven innocent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    No way in hell, you can get 15-20 EC on average per run..
    A good average is 5-7, while as little as 0-2 is a very possible risk..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No way in hell, you can get 15-20 EC on average per run..
    A good average is 5-7, while as little as 0-2 is a very possible risk..
    I get no less than 10 per run, usually between 12-18. You're doing it inefficiently if you are getting only 5-7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You won't be compensated. In their ToS they state they can ban you for whatever reason. You could kill a fly on your desk and they'd ban you for it if they really wanted to. They also mention if you get/are banned you won't get time refunded at all.
    The terms of use or any such end-user license agreement does not automatically hold up in court regardless of what they say in it. They could just as easily write that they have the right to murder you, it does not make it legally binding if what they say is not consistent with state and/or federal laws.

In reality if a tort situation merits at least going to arbitration, they will likely just refund money to shut the customer up instead of resorting to the process. Also going through the trouble of filing in small claims court almost always results in a large corporation refunding your money, because the act of defending in small claims is cost prohibitive compared to just issuing a refund (although the WoW terms have an arbitration clause, I am not sure even that legitimately stands up in court and likely varies from state to state).
    Last edited by underdogba; 2013-05-24 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

edit: Especially when Blizzard has not told him why he's banned, yet he can draw the conclusion of it being because of this very specific exploit. Which he coincidentally hasn't partaken in, but has a very irregularly similar case attempting to justify how he hasn't partaken in the exact action searching for some sort of loophole.
    blizzard put a temp 72 hour ban on everyone they found doing this. they will decide who gets the perma and who goes away with 72 hrs gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    blizzard put a temp 72 hour ban on everyone they found doing this. they will decide who gets the perma and who goes away with 72 hrs gone.
    If they keep this behavior up, Blizz is really opening themselves up to a potential class-action. This level of callousness in customer service is not tolerated whatsoever in any other service industry.

So...note to self, do not bother running single player scenario with the 2 keys I have in my bags, then spending those elder charms on the bounty o.O

Pretty scary, and sounds like Blizz are being idiots on this one. Hope your guys' issues get resolved.