Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    While I applaud your use of Grumpy cat as an avatar you really need to stop using the term 'Mary Sue' for Thrall as 'Mary Sue' is an idealised character representing the author. So unless the guy who created Thrall had his parents killed by a warlock and was raised as a gladiator before freeing his people from concentration camps and reinvigorated a dead tradition of shamanism and eventually gaining power over an entire faction while preaching peace then Thrall is not a Mary Sue.
    Sorry, sunshine, Orc Jesus fits the profile of a Mary Sue. He is the adoration that that narcissistic jackwagon Metzen craves. You are applying things literally without taking the fantasy aspect of WoW into account. Hell, Metzen even voices Thrall. How is that not Mary Sue?
    Last edited by Daswolfen; 2013-05-24 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Hahaha

I do think the OP has some point tho. I personally would love it if there was an expansion in which there aren't any trolls. While we do now finally have transmog, I hated to "upgrade" myself with ugly trollshit in the past. If I could get away with it, I'd rather pass my upgrade (and save my DKP for a new instance).

Give human/gnome/dwarf(yes dwarf!) minotaur/centaur/ogres dungeons and raids.
    No more troll raids would be just fine with me. That list minus dwarves, maybe tauren on there or some races that aren't playable just to shake things up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    you obviously don't understand the statement, where does he say anything about troll BOSSES ?
    Troll bosses are the signature of troll raids..

As I stated, there are NO troll raids (left) in the game, only the 4 troll bosses I mentioned..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

New bosses since patch 3.0
    As you can see, this is not the case at all.
    Last edited by Exac; 2013-05-24 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Actually, the reason WoW lost a lot of subs recent is not because of the game is old,the game sucks or shit like that but it's because of not enough trolls. GC said that they are working on it but he didn't promise if there will be enough troll to satisfy players.
    Waaaaait... is this a troll post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

And they wont stop it til we have killed King Rastakhan ! THE MADNESS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    If a Troll farts in the forest and no one is around to hear it, how long before players form a raid group to slay it?

History has shown us that whenever Trolls are involved with anything the Horde and the Alliance will drop whatever they're doing at the time.
    Anyone else sick of the obvious Troll favoritism that Blizzard pushes on the playerbase? Trolls are involved in more raids than any other race. Well no more! I demand that we have more gnome raids! It's only fair considering that there are thousands of hardworking gnomes in each and every Warcraft cinematic who don't get the recognition they deserve.
    I actually agree with you OP, the game has a plethora of races to base a raid off of.

Keep in mind that most races whether most people know it or not already got there time in the sun.
    Siege of Ogrimmar: Soon to be Orcs
    Firelands: Druids of the Flame (Mostly Nightelf)
    Ulduar: Iron Dwarves, Mecha-Gnomes
    The Eye: Blood Elves/Sin'dorai

Races that have yet to have their own raid:
    Tauren, Forsaken(Non-Scourge), Humans, Worgen, Goblins, Pandaren

Cynically speaking I think Blizzard/Metzen is trying to appease what he thinks is the largest fanbase of a race meaning he won't take a chance on anything new.

In short they are already hemmoraging money so they keep pushing raids that we've seen before because anything new is too risky.

Even shorter explanation: "if the horse is starting to slow down beat it to death."

10+ Year Old Account
    people

IT WAS A JOKE

A JOOOOOKE
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by NQ Exac View Post

http://i.imgur.com/bpJ1jnx.png
    As you can see, Troll bosses account for a mere 3.389% or all raid bosses in the past 3 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Waaaaait... is this a troll post?
    It should be clear this thread is about the mastery of Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Actually the meaning has evolved to include idealized perfect characters. Thankfully the English Language evolves with each generation. Sure the Original Mary Sue was a woman in the 70's writing Fan fiction placing herself in every Episode of the Original Show. But the usage has become expanded with the internet, describing characters who are perfect and can do no wrong. For instance I have a friend who writes fan fict based on Commander Shepard. My friend has an idealized female protagonist who is perfect and a bad ass with no flaws besides also being a vampire. See where I am going, my friend is not female and is not a vampire but he writes about his Mary Sue over at the Mass Effect Fan fic site. Swing around to Thrall he has all the qualities of a Mary Sue, he is perfect, uncompromisingly good, Strong and powerful, as a beautiful wife, was the leader of a faction but now the leader of a neutral organization that is respected even by people he fought. He is loved by more woman, feared by men. And has never actually made a wrong choice. He should sell Beers for Dos Equis.
    I don't always leave one of the biggest superpowers in the world in the hands of a genocidal maniac, but when I do, it's to save the world.

Arguably, though, Garrosh might be Thrall's only mistake. It's a bloody huge one, but yeah, to quote a very famous dwarf: 'that still only counts as one'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feng, Spirit Kings and Will in MSV is wrongfully listed as Mogu.. They are undead..
    Saurfang in ICC is listed only as Orc, but Undead/Deathknight (like e.g. Razuvious) is more correct..
    Mimiron is mechanical, not Gnome..
    Megaera is beast, not Celestial.

Also, IMO all the Bird/Bug/Spider bosses should just be classified as Beast, as the primary tag..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-05-24 at 07:13 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Trolls perhaps the only "true" natives of Azeroth. More Troll raids for more pre titan lore. Sounds good.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    I don't always leave one of the biggest superpowers in the world in the hands of a genocidal maniac, but when I do, it's to save the world.

Arguably, though, Garrosh might be Thrall's only mistake. It's a bloody huge one, but yeah, to quote a very famous dwarf: 'that still only counts as one'.
    Fair enough Thrall has made two mistakes in his life, appoint Garrosh to lead the Horde and bought a pencil with an eraser.

Last edited by Gothicshark; 2013-05-24 at 08:00 AM.

Deleted
    All the trolls that are found in raid instances are either Zandalari/Gurubashi/Amani/Farakki/Drakkari, all of which are now under the Zandalari banner. The 1st section of ToT is called "The Last Stand of the Zandalari".

The Zandalari troll empire is a sub plot in the game, once that story is over there isn't likely to be any large amount of trolls in raid instances any more.

I believe Zandalar Isle was destroyed in the Cataclysm which is why it hasn't been mentioned in game yet, although we haven't seen the leader of the Zandalar tribe (and therefore leader of all Trolls but the Darkspear) yet either: King Rastakhan, its unclear whether he died in the Cataclysm or if he is still alive.

It's great seeing a story line being ignored in favour of the much more obvious (sarcasm) reason for the Trolls many appearances which is of course, Blizzard just likes them better than your race.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you stop feeding the trolls, you get fewer troll bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Feng, Spirit Kings and Will in MSV is wrongfully listed as Mogu.. They are undead..
    They are Mogu first.

They are Mogu first.
    Well if that is the case you can just knock all the undead off the list.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    They are Mogu first.
    They stopped beging Mogu, 10.000 years ago..