Poll: Best 1v1 class?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Best 1v1 class? (patch 5.3)

What's the best 1v1 (dueling) class?

p.s.: multiple choice allowed, but please be reasonable.
    Last edited by Devinser; 2013-05-24 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    Any healer, I guess
    But there is not the best 1v1 class, you should ask about the best 1v1 spec. Like if you say Priest is the best. Yea? All 3 schools? Discipline, maybe, but certainly not Shadow ... Or Hunter ... while BM is real beast, other 2 specs sucks and so on.

Deleted
    Still waiting for the moment when some national hero votes for Shaman or Paladin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sameen View Post
    Still waiting for the moment when some national hero votes for Shaman or Paladin

Pala's aint tooooooo bad!

Deleted
    Seems like everyone and their mum plays mage/lock these days so I'll go with those two.

Deleted
    Ferals. HOTW so strong.

Deleted
    Almost no one voted hunters? Pop trinket + CDs, Stampede, Detterence, backpeddle, ???, profit.

Deleted
    Oh, I don't think there is a best class for 1v1 this patch but I can nominate several classes/specs that are top of the food chain.

Unholy dk
    Sub/Ass rogue
    Demo lock
    Bm hunter

Everything else is average - bad and irrelevant.

Not sure why people nominate healers as best 1v1. Sure healers are impossible to solo for most dps classes but throw some self heals in the mix and the dps shouldn't die to the crappy damage of a healer. There is no way in hell a dps specced hybrid should lose to a healer. Also healers are unlikely to go through a dk's conversion or a warrior's 2nd wind. No healer should be able to beat a lock. Only class I could see losing to a healer is the mage.

Mage voted among the best for 1v1 ?! You guys must be trolling. Hunter > mage, lock > mage, spriest > mage, unholy dk > mage. Healers > mage if the mage is hellbent on trying to win and doesn't run away.
    Last edited by mmocac5c98d50e; 2013-05-24 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    I am thinking BM hunters, ferals, enhancement shamans and unholy DKs.

Depends on what im playing. As an example, can't beat mages on my monk, but I can beat them on my hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral Druid is def the best if you know how to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

10+ Year Old Account
    Most DPS classes have a hard time beating me on my MW monk. :]

10+ Year Old Account
    We unholy DK's are pretty strong against virtually any class 1 on 1. There hasn't been a single spec or class I haven't been able to take down. Of course, they can take me down, too, if I'm not careful. I've also had my ass handed to me by virtually every spec except for healers/tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    We unholy DK's are pretty strong against virtually any class 1 on 1. There hasn't been a single spec or class I haven't been able to take down. Of course, they can take me down, too, if I'm not careful. I've also had my ass handed to me by virtually every spec except for healers/tanks.
    I disagree. To be honest I feel like unholy dks are one of the weaker 1v1 classes im suprised so many people voted for them. Any other melee should beat you to be honest. Warriors absolutely crush my dk; IBF and attemping to kite is nothing to reck/avatar nuke. Ferals/rets/enh have huge burst (which we cant really stop) and a ton of survivability to keep them up long enough to drop us. BM hunters wreck us OFC. WW monks have me disarmed more often than not and their survivability and damage in a 1v1 situation is better in the short term. Casters we have more of a chance against tbh but the other melee seem to wreck my dk faster than I can even try to start coversioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Sameen View Post
    Both of those classes are pretty damn good at 1v1. Hell, with how good hybrid healing is they can even put hunters in their place right now.

The strongest though are still Demo Locks. Nothing compares. A good demo lock has the greatest potential to be able to 2v1 other players due to the massive arsenal of cc, anti-cc and defensives they have along with the biggest full retard burst cd in the game giving them a flat 50% damage bonus.

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    I disagree. To be honest I feel like unholy dks are one of the weaker 1v1 classes im suprised so many people voted for them. Any other melee should beat you to be honest. Warriors absolutely crush my dk; IBF and attemping to kite is nothing to reck/avatar nuke. Ferals/rets/enh have huge burst (which we cant really stop) and a ton of survivability to keep them up long enough to drop us. BM hunters wreck us OFC. WW monks have me disarmed more often than not and their survivability and damage in a 1v1 situation is better in the short term. Casters we have more of a chance against tbh but the other melee seem to wreck my dk faster than I can even try to start coversioning.
    You really REALLY aren't playing your dk well if any of those classes are countering you. You have the best anti-cc abilities in the game for countering most classes. The only classes that should be able to kill you are ones that can reset their cds (so that they can counter your counters without having to worry about cds...which is bs but that's another debate).

I'd go so far as to say that UH DK is the best melee dps both in rated and 1v1 play.

And if you're losing to a warrior ESPECIALLY if he's trying to one-shot macro you then...I don't even know what to say. Warriors are hands down the weakest 1v1 class even after the survivability buff.

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post
    Feral Druid is def the best if you know how to play.
    They are exceptionally strong no doubt. But they can't compete with the god tier 1v1 classes: locks, hunters, mages and rogues. The former because it has WAAAAY too many defensives and cc's and the latter 3 because they can reset their cds. I would put them right behind UH dk's.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-05-25 at 02:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    locks, hunters, mages and rogues. The former because it has WAAAAY too many defensives and cc's and the latter 3 because they can reset their cds. I would put them right behind UH dk's.
    How are mages god tier in 1v1? They lose to hunters, monks, warlocks, ferals and against classes like rogue, dk's and shamans it's probably 50/50. I think there is only one true god class in 1v1 right now and that is Demo Lock. I've played it and I don't think there's a single class I couldn't beat. Imps and your wrathguard basically do all the work for you. Destro beats most classes too, but it's not as easy and you can quite easily lose to Unholy DK's and BM Hunters if you're not careful.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2013-05-25 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    How are mages god tier in 1v1? They lose to hunters, monks, warlocks and against classes like rogue, dk's and shamans it's probably 50/50. I think there is only one true god class in 1v1 right now and that is Demo Lock. I've played it and I don't think there's a single class I couldn't beat. Imps and your wrathguard basically do all the work for you.
    True. Not sure why ppl keep saying mages are OP. Mages get their asses handed to them by quite a few classes. A hunter doesn't even need a brain to beat the crap out of a mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of people haven't encountered good Feral Druids.

They have just ridiculously retarded self heals and burst damage.

Watch Sodapoppin when he streams if you want to see a retarded 1v1 or 1v2 class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    I see a lot of people haven't encountered good Feral Druids.

They have just ridiculously retarded self heals and burst damage.

Watch Sodapoppin when he streams if you want to see a retarded 1v1 or 1v2 class.
    You don't see many ferals because no one wants to play an animal that always looks the same and the model also has visual glitches (can never get bored of the paws clipping through the mouth for Rake animation and other such animations).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Hmm weird. On my monk I absolutely rip through any dps DK, gladiators included :O

---------- Post added 2013-05-25 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    How are mages god tier in 1v1? They lose to hunters, monks, warlocks, ferals and against classes like rogue, dk's and shamans it's probably 50/50. I think there is only one true god class in 1v1 right now and that is Demo Lock. I've played it and I don't think there's a single class I couldn't beat. Imps and your wrathguard basically do all the work for you. Destro beats most classes too, but it's not as easy and you can quite easily lose to Unholy DK's and BM Hunters if you're not careful.
    mages ARE god tier in arena, bgs, rbgs and duels. Doing 70-80% of HP on a 25sec cd. So most classes got 25 sec to kill a mage before the second deep comes and it's a GG. Mages are a disgusting OP nerf immune class, if you say it's not OP you either also play a BM hunter or you're terribad.