Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    If they keep this behavior up, Blizz is really opening themselves up to a potential class-action. This level of callousness in customer service is not tolerated whatsoever in any other service industry.
    Good Grief. In the Terms of Service they state they can ban for any reason. You (digitally) signed the contract, so you have to live with it.

well form my point of view they just found out people were exploiting, they ran an automates program to find alla count s who got rewarded from a cache more than x number of times and they were banned in a wave, of course people who is inocent like me have to keep putting appeals so they put someone to incvestigate the account. i provided info on the day and time whatever might have caused the system think i exploited. and im sure it helped whoever did deep investigate my account

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its 72hours, get over it, you should be able to be without wow for 72hrs....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    Its 72hours, get over it, you should be able to be without wow for 72hrs....
    I guess I'm also banned for the same reason. Thanks to this thread. No one told me, why I was banned. I had 4 Keys and opened 5 or 6 Chests (i already had 20 coins and 7 older chests containing 1-3 coins). Still waiting now for an answer from Blizzard Support.

And well, a 72h bann for a absolute correct behavior -> why should I tolerate this? I did nothing wrong (now for over 8 years) and I'm treated like a criminal by Blizz...

Phone - Talk to a human being and your issue will be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No way in hell, you can get 15-20 EC on average per run..
    A good average is 5-7, while as little as 0-2 is a very possible risk..
    You should watch on youtube how to do it .. really.. Cause its easy- i get between 10-20. Normally 16-18.

I was recently wrongfully and permanently banned due to supposedly exploiting the economy or something stupid along those lines, I'm guessing it was due to a gold buyer buying all my stuff on the AH or something. Anyway they also told me initially that they weren't going to reverse the decision (I'm pretty sure the first reply is automated at this point). Ringing them directly didn't help, since they just said they only handle account issues on the website now.

It wasn't until the 3rd time I complained and demanded they actually INVESTIGATE before they finally turned around and unbanned me.

Honestly I'm still worried that I'll get banned again some time in the future due to stupid shit like this that is outside of my control.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Phone - Talk to a human being and your issue will be resolved.
    As I just said above, ringing won't solve anything, they'll just tell you to contact the online support team, as they no longer handle account issues via phone.
    Last edited by ethzero; 2013-05-24 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by esoterickk View Post
    4 bags, costs 15 gold coins each when coin cap is 20. You can get 2 from dailies, another from coins - that's 3 bags. I very much doubt he's held onto others for this specific scenario.

As per my previous comment, they seldom ban people when exploits like this occur without legitimate reasons; OP is just looking for an excuse.

edit: Especially when Blizzard has not told him why he's banned, yet he can draw the conclusion of it being because of this very specific exploit. Which he coincidentally hasn't partaken in, but has a very irregularly similar case attempting to justify how he hasn't partaken in the exact action searching for some sort of loophole.
    You know how many caches in my bags I have that have 1-3 gold coins in them...?

My account was also banned. For abusing the economic system or some bs. I called them and had my account back within an hour. Using the ticked system may work from time to time, but i always read that it doesnt work for ppl. But just call them and talk to them. Np at all.

This will be like the RBG PvP ban wave from a few months ago where they banned a whole bunch of players wrongfully despite their alleged "complete and thorough investigation where absolutely no innocent players were banned".

Then, a few days later, they came back with "lol oops, sorry guys. we totally messed up." and everyone's account was restored.

If you're truly not guilty, just wait it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    If you're truly not guilty, just wait it out.
    Wait it out while harassing them until they restore your account, you mean.

Tell them to actually investigate the incident in depth, that's what it took for me.

Honestly they should investigate every red flag that pops up thoroughly before banning accounts, rather than letting the system handle bans and then just using a generic reply just to say 'lol I looked, trust me'.

Hire more employees if needed. But if I get banned again for yet another thing outside of my control I'm done and Blizzard gets no more dosh from me, and I'm by no means a new player.
    Last edited by ethzero; 2013-05-24 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ethzero View Post
    Wait it out while harassing them until they restore your account, you mean.

Tell them to actually investigate the incident in depth, that's what it took for me.

Honestly they should investigate every red flag that pops up thoroughly before banning accounts, rather than letting the system handle bans and then just using a generic reply just to say 'lol we can't be fucked investigating'.

Hire more employees if needed. But if I get banned again for yet another thing outside of my control I'm done and Blizzard gets no more dosh from me, and I'm by no means a new player.
    It was probably a flagged action. Blizzard isn't in the business of banning people for no reason. Before exploits get ridiculously out of control, they have to play damage control and lock accounts. Often times innocent players get caught in the crossfire. It's the logistics of running a community with millions of players.

They'll unban everyone in time.

Few people suggested "phone" and "speak to a human". I did, multiple times, no dice. I've since given up. Rift goes free to play on the 12th, I'm getting my account back up, should be fun.
    Like I said I'm 100% sure they'll restore my account once they realize they're idiots, but I believe that's a horrific way to run a company, and out of principle I won't be coming back.

I hope this thread provided some interesting discussion, and some resolution to people who did get banned. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Buhdi View Post
    I guess I'm also banned for the same reason. Thanks to this thread. No one told me, why I was banned. I had 4 Keys and opened 5 or 6 Chests (i already had 20 coins and 7 older chests containing 1-3 coins). Still waiting now for an answer from Blizzard Support.

And well, a 72h bann for a absolute correct behavior -> why should I tolerate this? I did nothing wrong (now for over 8 years) and I'm treated like a criminal by Blizz...
    Exactly thats what i thought, keep appealing and like i said detail you did troves several times and if you can remember exac number of boxes you opened that helps also the day and around what time so they can find logs faster.

the people saying "well just live with your 72 hour ban" dont understand 2 things
    first probably you never had a ban, you cant posibly understand the feeling of seeing your accoutn banned for soemthign you know you didnt do
    second the 72 hour ban is one of the highest grade punishments they give also if you dont appeal and let the ban go on it stays on your accoutn so nexttime you do something intentionally or unintentionally you could get a permanent ban
    you can appeal here https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/how-to-appeal
    this is form blizz website:

72 Hour Suspension
    72 Hour suspensions are assigned when a player needs to be removed from the game for an extended period of time or the player has repeatedly violated policy in a relatively brief period. 72 Hour suspensions are somewhat rare, as they are only given for serious policy violations or repeated policy abuse. 72 Hour suspensions are:

A serious account penalty
    Somewhat rare
    An extended service interruption

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...alties#warning

First i have to say that your case sounds extremely fishy, blizzard does not get to multi-million subscribers by mistakenly banning people and then not answering their questions about perma-bans.
    The few cases i had to interact with Blizzard officials due to various issues were all dealt with swiftly, accurately and they kindly informed me about anything i asked.
    Both in game, by phone and by email - so i really find it hard to believe claims like the one you are making.

Regardless your best bet is to phone them or send an email, but a phone will solve things almost instantly while emailing back and forth might take weeks.

Call them and explain your situation.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Blizzard tries to save money every chance they get. So much of what they do is automated nowadays. I have been wrongfully banned twice in a 1-2 month period already and both got reversed but it's hard not to get pissed off for being wrongfully persecuted by their lack of professionalism and systems they have in place. They ban people left and right all the time now for even the slightest of things because they have become too greedy to pay people to do these jobs so they let automated systems do 90% of the work which leads to F*^& ups like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    First i have to say that your case sounds extremely fishy, blizzard does not get to multi-million subscribers by mistakenly banning people and then not answering their questions about perma-bans.
    The few cases i had to interact with Blizzard officials due to various issues were all dealt with swiftly, accurately and they kindly informed me about anything i asked.
    Both in game, by phone and by email - so i really find it hard to believe claims like the one you are making.

Regardless your best bet is to phone them or send an email, but a phone will solve things almost instantly while emailing back and forth might take weeks.
    Well i got the ban wednesday night it wasnt resolve duntill yesterday night about 24 hours, i think my first tickets did not make my account get investigated, it was untill i had found out the means of the ban and that i did somethign that seemed like it, that i could detail anoter ticket explaining when and how

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    Call them and explain your situation.
    yep thats what i did theperson who answered me on the phone did look on my account and found that it might have been a mistake, while he could not do anything he did put a "note" on my account so it could be investigated fully. and while doing so he had a cowoerker tell him he started checkign my account and i would get a response soon. im glad the phone support is always professional

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    If they keep this behavior up, Blizz is really opening themselves up to a potential class-action. This level of callousness in customer service is not tolerated whatsoever in any other service industry.
    No they aren't. The TOS says they can ban for anything or nothing. You would have no case. Blame the fact terms are considered legally binding contracts.

It's not just the troves getting people banned. Opening even 1 day's worth of pet bags from the dailies will get you a ban.

I tried calling but they said you have to put in a ticket. They did move my ticket to the correct queue for me. The automated ticket system upheld my ban immediately after that. I do mean immediately, so no one actually reviewed my ticket.

What's the next thing to do to get this reversed?