Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    watched cdew yesterday and he just got wrecked every single time by enha & arms and nothing he can do about it if portal wasnt up. if best healer in the world cant handle that dmg something is wrong.

http://www.twitch.tv/cdewx/b/407787927

start watching from 2:11:00
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2013-05-25 at 12:43 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    watched cdew yesterday and he just got wrecked every single time by enha & arms and nothing he can do about it if portal wasnt up. if best healer in the world cant handle that dmg something is wrong.

http://www.twitch.tv/cdewx/b/407787927

start watching from 2:11:00
    he is not best healer

very bad team playing and getting owned up by elite teams, nothing to see here.

Deleted
    cdew is by far the best resto shaman & the cleave they fight is shit, in the third game or so they fail to mongo cdew down at the start and lose cause they dont know what to do after that.

( nope im not a fanboy )

Cdew is the best resto shaman, and that cleave damage is ridiculous, but
    I found it funny how he was crying quite a bit even though history shows resto shamans have been the best healer for years, shown by how blizzcon and tournaments usually only have resto shaman teams

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Feral damage is beyond godlike, for everything else, i think its a bit better. Specially BM hunter got tooned down finally. Enhance definitely got maybe a bit overbuffed. I think the damage inc you feel is that people can now gem mastery/primal stat instead of resilience
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

The thing with Elemental is that they can drain AMS in 1 global, it's stupid really

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Feral damage is beyond godlike
    its because of a bug, which will be hotfixed as soon as someone youtubes it.

I've never really been one to complain about burst. It'll never be as bad as Vanilla again so it's always an improvement to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Senathor View Post
    The thing with Elemental is that they can drain AMS in 1 global, it's stupid really
    That's if the stars align.

Elemental blast > lava burst proc > fulmination (all critting)

And I don't understand why all of a sudden ele sham have gotten attention not much has changed. A little survival boost and dmg increase on lava burst which hits like a wet noodle anyway.

They have always been able to instagib or drop someone's health low in a global through procs and lucky crits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    That's if the stars align.

Elemental blast > lava burst proc > fulmination (all critting)

And I don't understand why all of a sudden ele sham have gotten attention not much has changed. A little survival boost and dmg increase on lava burst which hits like a wet noodle anyway.

They have always been able to instagib or drop someone's health low in a global through procs and lucky crits.
    ele has traditionally been pretty low representation. I guess with the decent damage buffs more people decided to go try it in random BGs and the Resilience change meant there was a level playing field, and then people got blown up in a zerg by an Elemental popping bloodlust and ascendance and chaincasting into them uninterrupted

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    ele has traditionally been pretty low representation. I guess with the decent damage buffs more people decided to go try it in random BGs and the Resilience change meant there was a level playing field, and then people got blown up in a zerg by an Elemental popping bloodlust and ascendance and chaincasting into them uninterrupted
    No, I am talking about arena. There is no need to resort to hyperbole. I think everyone can agree that ele is shot way up in representation mainly because they are good compliments to teams now that shadow priests are perceived to be weak. The burst is just out of control across the board and like I have said Blizzard has said as much openly that they like the stupid burst because it makes games fun. They obviously don't understand that the game is fun when you win because you play well and you lose because you messed up. This is obvious to me that they don't understand because of the sheer amount of time you can't even play your character because of CC or the absurd need to pillar hump the whole game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    No, I am talking about arena. There is no need to resort to hyperbole. I think everyone can agree that ele is shot way up in representation mainly because they are good compliments to teams now that shadow priests are perceived to be weak. The burst is just out of control across the board and like I have said Blizzard has said as much openly that they like the stupid burst because it makes games fun. They obviously don't understand that the game is fun when you win because you play well and you lose because you messed up. This is obvious to me that they don't understand because of the sheer amount of time you can't even play your character because of CC or the absurd need to pillar hump the whole game.
    sorry you might have misunderstood me, i totally 100% agree that burst is out of control, I just agreed with the poster above who said Elemental hasn't really changed since last season. there is a slight damage boost but with the 15% Power nerf it's not a big change to that class in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    its because of a bug, which will be hotfixed as soon as someone youtubes it.
    What bug would that be? i noticed my resto druid in 3's got globaled by a feral a couple days ago, but i didn't understand what it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    My only problems are with rets, WW monks and warriors. Destro locks are also insane, still.

Rets highest dmg on me: 92k. Some other ret also did 90k hammer of wrath, 76k templars verdict and 51k crusader strike NOT COUNTING mastery. He basically globalled my MW monk.
    WW monks highest dmg on me: 144k rising sun kick, gg
    Highest warrior damage: 93k dragons roar, 82k slam, 75k mortal strike, 50k heroic strike. 3 globals, 300k~ damage. BALANCED!

The burst is REALLY insane. And these numbers are all in arena -.-

Deleted
    So, remember reading complaints about spriest in beginning of xpac... guess they made them weak again? Fast as usual :P

Quote Originally Posted by tmil93 View Post
    Elemental shamans have a lot of burst, but only two, short defensive cooldowns. Tunnel them, interrupt or silence into ascendance gg.
    grounding totem.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 12:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    My only problems are with rets, WW monks and warriors. Destro locks are also insane, still.

Rets highest dmg on me: 92k. Some other ret also did 90k hammer of wrath, 76k templars verdict and 51k crusader strike NOT COUNTING mastery. He basically globalled my MW monk.
    WW monks highest dmg on me: 144k rising sun kick, gg
    Highest warrior damage: 93k dragons roar, 82k slam, 75k mortal strike, 50k heroic strike. 3 globals, 300k~ damage. BALANCED!

The burst is REALLY insane. And these numbers are all in arena -.-
    Focus Ret, he bubbles, dies soon after. Why is that a problem for people?

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 12:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Explain to me why Blizzard should make even more Pvp changes when they constantly reiterate that Wow is a PVE-oriented game? I dont get people getting mad when they are playing the secondary section of a game. No one remembers," Shut-up PVP guy?" When developers in a interview told the Pvp guy to shut up and that Pvp will never be the center of wow. Maybe they understand but care more about a Ele shaman getting a buff so they do better in Pve, and not Pvp.

I love the new elemental Shaman buffs (as I do play one). If you don't train the ele then you will probably lose because a free casting ele shaman will do massive amounts of damage. It's like letting a destro warlock sit there and get off 3 chaos bolts. He'll probably kill his target. At the same time the survivability of Ele against cleaves still isn't there. Hunter/enhance/war/ret/rogue/WW/ DK (to an extent on DK) counter Ele pretty hard. A rogue with mind numbing and Shadow step can pretty much eliminate an ele shaman from the game. Ever tried to cast with a WW monk on you? A good DK can keep a caster down for a while. Warriors can do 150K damage in a matter of 2 seconds so you spend all day kiting. and hunters can lock down casters easily as well. I don't see why people are complaining about a Class that pretty much has a solid "1 shot macro" every 1.5 min. Even then, you still have to hope for RNG of Crits and overloads. Yes, if the Stars align it's like 280K damage but typically you don't get 3 overloads and 3 crits.

PS: Have you seen the Enhance burst? They do more than elemental and off heal easier because you can't kick their heals.....

The ones I have been struggling with are: monk-healer, monk-dps, unholy dk, and enh shammy.

Ww and feral DMG is way too high ... Ele is just so RNG I queued an ele double healer that had got to 1970 MMR...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only scary insane burst I've seen is from melee with CC breaks, an thats because you can't cc them to stop them. Mostly Enhance, that is. Rogue seems fine for now, just need to live through the burst and vanishes and you are gold. But we did some 2's and 3's an enhance was smashing through us pretty quick, but maybe thats because my buddies liek to play their lock and spriest when doing 2's with me(fuck tremor :P). Feral seems pretty nasty too. My Ret can put out some nasty burst, but good players will still CC me for a majority of it.