Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    According to the Fanbois, every single suggestion for improvement no matter how well-thought is plain and simple whining, so yeah...
    According to whiners, every single time someone says they like the changes made to the game it is considered fanboyism, so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    As you can see more and more people are doing it. Namely 4 milion.
    Could you demonstrate a game that maintained and increased its playerbase 10 years after release?

No?

Then why are we remotely surprised that people, no matter what Blizzard can or will do, will still grow bored of the same thing after a decade?

EverQuest peaked at 450,000 subscribers. They're a fraction of that now, but SOE won't disclose how many and that game has gone F2P and it's nearing 15 years old. It's still chugging along and has had a slew of new features, expansions, and still has a strong core of followers, but people move on to new things.

Nothing, NOTHING, Blizzard does can sustain their peak subscription numbers forever, especially as the MMO market itself is changing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Ghostcrawler = Blizzard?

Since when did he have absolute control over WoW?
    Pretty much this...

To OP, i hope you understand that GC work is about interface and class design, if you want to complain about PvP for instance i think you shoul open a thread blaming Holinka, for instances i think its Cory and so on... All of this to say, whille they work in group, GC's part is just one amongst many others.

Obviously, not all is perfect, but blaming a single dude for all the bad work its kind a nonsense.

I agree with you on the points OP
    Valor thing will just make the money throwing casuals complain because that other guy has better armor and the 25/10 man change, people who raid 10 man will never let it go, its their only way of making themselves feel like they're grown men and kill real bosses and not just a weekend project you do to kill time and get that one piece of gear that doesn't drop on 25.
    Plus bringing this whole its only GC's fault into this circlejerking casual filled board is just plain silly, its like walking through a ghetto dark alley where the minorities live.
    LFR stuff is the same, "MUH FREE EPICZ, I cun't raid fulltime and be a nerd but I have a right to get epics because I pay 15 a month herp derp" you know the usual.

and none of that will ever change because those cancer ridden casuals have their claws well clenched into the welfare epics and easy raiding and throw the magic "I will unsub" word when they feel blizzard is changing something they don't like.

But I don't agree on the GC part, I don't think its all him.
    Hes just the dumbass that puts his name out to take the heat, I think its a collective cesspool of circjerking autistic devs that simply want more money, and they know how to make money from today's brainless gamers, and the game is just reflecting its brainlessness.

BiS LFR gear? i lol'd when i read that one.

Ghostcrawler = Blizzard?

One could ask that about Obama too. Taking form that, this need to fixate on one face, because its the most reconisable.. seems to be a growing issue, eh?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    Valor thing will just make the money throwing casuals complain because that other guy has better armor and the 25/10 man change, people who raid 10 man will never let it go, its their only way of making themselves feel like they're grown men and kill real bosses and not just a weekend project you do to kill time and get that one piece of gear that doesn't drop on 25.
    Plus bringing this whole its only GC's fault into this circlejerking casual filled board is just plain silly, its like walking through a ghetto dark alley where the minorities live.
    LFR stuff is the same, "MUH FREE EPICZ, I cun't raid fulltime and be a nerd but I have a right to get epics because I pay 15 a month herp derp" you know the usual.

and none of that will ever change because those cancer ridden casuals have their claws well clenched into the welfare epics and easy raiding and throw the magic "I will unsub" word when they feel blizzard is changing something they don't like.

Hes just the dumbass that puts his name out to take the heat, I think its a collective cesspool of circjerking autistic devs that simply want more money, and they know how to make money from today's brainless gamers, and the game is just reflecting its brainlessness.
    This thread surprises all the time lol. Not only is this full of hideously misplaced elitism but it makes a dangerous swerve towards bigotry too. Well played sir!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I see lots of complaints but no potential solutions. Unless the solution is fire Ghostcrawler? In my opinion that wouldn't fix any of the design choices you mentioned. Also maybe you can lend Ghostcrawler one of your fire retardant suits the next time you go on a flame rant against him, it's only fair!

10+ Year Old Account
    OP,Did you just said Best in Slot LFR gear? Are you fucking kidding me?
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-05-25 at 06:55 PM.

Deleted
    beware the rage of the casuals!

Quote Originally Posted by taftvalue View Post
    beware the rage of the casuals!
    they're my epics and i need them now!

Ghostcrawler = Blizzard?

Didn't you know any and all things to do with WoW are the product of GC. That is of course unless forum posters like it then it is due to luck or some sneaky player loving dev that snuck it past the big evil GC.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post

Wow. You don't mince your words do you? If feel like this about a video game, a past time, I hate to know what you will say about more important issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    I think this hits all the usual points, right?

* Saying 10/25 should be separate again
    * LFG/LFR sucks
    * Cata heroics were good because they were "hard" like TBC
    * MoP heroics are awful because they're "too easy"
    * Dailies are terrible (okay I agree with this one)
    * Use of "Activi$ion" as derogatory
    * Ghostcrawler is terrible and should be fired

Sounds like every other "I don't like the game but think its my right to complain about things that the majority like" post. Nothing to see here.
    Scientific chain of command states that if you do the same thing over and over and get the same result, then the same things are happening every time. If everyone having issues with the game are having the same issues, it means those might actually BE issues, even if they aren't issues for everyone. Though it really comes down to the same thing on the other side, "if you do the same thing over and over and expect a different result"... Eventually the people with a problem with the game will realize that this game isn't going to magically change back to how it was, and will just quit to show what they think of it. If I could have placed my authenticator in a turd and sent it to them after I quit to show them what I thought of their game and company policy changes without some form of possible rebuttal I probably would have.

World of Warcraft is the best game in existence; just fyi...

Though it could be better.

I am almost sure blizzard hungers for money as much as Activision.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    World of Warcraft is the best game in existence; just fyi...

Though it could be better.
    good joke. Though in case you are being serious, name just one section of the game or company that they are the best at? Gameplay it definitely isn't, Balance it has never been, Customer service or relations it definitely isn't... maybe their janitorial squad is top notch? Though I would think Google beats them there by a long shot. I guess they aren't the best liars either though, or the best scam artists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwsntmilk View Post
    According to the Fanbois, every single suggestion for improvement no matter how well-thought is plain and simple whining, so yeah...
    i have yet to see a well-thought suggestion for improvement from people like the op, there's a difference between constructive criticism and plain simple ranting like this thread

I find it extremely difficult to take anybody seriously who's argument consists of made-up conversations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear OP... YOU completely do not understand the logic behind very simple design decisions, and how to run a succesful MMO.

Your post is full of parts that show that you clearly don't understand what certain parts of the game are made for and catered towards.

It's clear you don't like the game anymore, and I'm happy for you that you unsubscribed, and I would like to encourage you to stop thinking about it, it is clear that you are full of resentment towards several design decisions, because they are not what you would want them to be. Assuming you have found a different game you enjoy more, I encourage you to focus thinking of what can be improved there instead of in a game that you don't play anymore, and seem to have completely wrong ideas about.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/