Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I'll never understand why anyone can like Shirou. Even in UBW he's a giant massive fucking Gary Stu with enormous plot armor, much larger than Kirito.
    If you think he has thick plot armour in Fate or in UBW routes read the Heaven's Feel. THAT'S what I call plot armour. ^.^ That being said, series is no less awesome, Shirou or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still don't get the term gary stu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    Still don't get the term gary stu
    Male Mary Sue.

10+ Year Old Account
    and mary sue means.....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealgod View Post
    and mary sue means.....
    A completely perfect, do-it-all character (And Mary Sue is usually used for both male and female ones.). Thrall, Kirito or Son Goku would be good examples.

Deleted
    Be happy you don't know about mary sues. Don't look for fanfics containing mary sues. I mean it. DON'T look for fanfics containing mary sues.

Having an Mary Sue as the MC is usually only the tip of the iceberg of writing fail. Reading these might make you lose faith in humanity.

Deleted
    Easily explained it could be "Overpowered character with generic personality"

15+ Year Old Account
    OreImo - Dun dun dun. Not sure what Kuroneko's plan is. It's possible she wants Kirino and Kyousuke together as evident by that picture and her reaction to Kirino, but I don't understand what the whole point of going out with Kyousuke was. Only explanation would be that she maybe just wanted to spend the summer with him, or something.

OreImo - Pretty good episode, I wonder what that ending means!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsz View Post
    OreImo - Pretty good episode, I wonder what that ending means!
    Haven't watched it yet, but my guess. It means cliff hanger to annoy you.

Deleted
    I think it means main won't end up with Kuroneko even though I haven't seen the ep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    OreImo - Dun dun dun. Not sure what Kuroneko's plan is. It's possible she wants Kirino and Kyousuke together as evident by that picture and her reaction to Kirino, but I don't understand what the whole point of going out with Kyousuke was. Only explanation would be that she maybe just wanted to spend the summer with him, or something.
    I think your assumption is spot on: She wanted to satisfy her own feelings for him and then prolly push him towards Kirino. Kuroneko you goddamn hero <.< this isn't meant as a flattery btw. Also, that "girl pushes her love interest towards her friend" reminded me of Toradora, only in that case it was mutual and done by both sides, which I liked better.
    I will just pretend this series ended here. The rest is basically non-canon fluff. lalalala I cannot hear you lalalalala

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    Be happy you don't know about mary sues. Don't look for fanfics containing mary sues. I mean it. DON'T look for fanfics containing mary sues.

Having an Mary Sue as the MC is usually only the tip of the iceberg of writing fail. Reading these might make you lose faith in humanity.
    Hey don't go bashing Tenchi, AkutoSaii, Adam Blade and all other manner of ridiculously OP badasses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Hey don't go bashing Tenchi, AkutoSaii, Adam Blade and all other manner of ridiculously OP badasses.
    I leave the bashing to people writing quality MST3Kings and laugh at the results, just as intended =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Mirai Nikki dub trailer.

Most of the characters sound good. Only exception is Yuno. Which means the dub is not worth watching.

Anyone know what the song used during the credits of that Oreimo is called?
    I want to hear it more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Late on Railgun by a day this week, hate being busy.

A really nice and relaxing episode, though far slower paced than the last few. It's a nice break between mini-arc transitions and I loved the focus on Kuroko this episode and how much she cares for Misaka. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. This episode, because a majority of it was anime original, did the second half of Chapter 25 except for the very last scene which I really hope makes it in to the beginning of next episode. I'd have to say the anime did a better job at having us feel what Kuroko is going through when Misaka is missing like that when in the manga she was pushed off to the side for more battle oriented story. Really the only anime original part of the show was Kuroko talking with the lolis and Saten helping the loli find the cash card and then the group helping find a four leaf clover.

Next week is (manga spoilers) The last scene of chapter 25, which should be the lab guy phoning in to the three girls for support, which I hope they don't cut. Then probably chapter 26 and 27 which is purely battle scenes except for a short part at the beginning of the girls discussing the job.

Be excited for a lot of combat next episode, two full chapters worth. Having a single chapter covered over 2 episodes with some anime original pushed back the story quite a bit. I'm still curious if they're going to cut off the show half way for anime original like in season 1 or continue animating the manga (hopefully the latter).

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    People like Adam Blade and like the main guy in Mondaijitachi are Mary Sue and OP for a reason through good writing. The story revolves around them being the strongest and going up the ranks through that in a way. People like Kirito though, a normal guy going into a world just like everyone else and as strong as everyone else, then being able to one shot a 40-man holiday world boss is poor writing Mary Sue, or Gary Stu.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Mirai Nikki dub trailer.

Most of the characters sound good. Only exception is Yuno. Which means the dub is not worth watching.
    They're all terrible. Yuno sounds like such a cocky bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    They're all terrible. Yuno sounds like such a cocky bitch.
    At least its better than the PSG dub.

Stocking....

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping up with the new anime is hard when I have a huge backlog and lots of dvds to watch...but who needs sleep.