Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    At least I have not gotten any for map completion or out of a BLC since October. So, with the current exchange that's roughly 3g per transmute.
    I got 5 from a BLC the other day. I had about 3 in the bank from before that. I think I got them from dailies. The best 2 daily drops I got were a stack of 25 BL salvage kits and the box of tricks thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah Ive not seen one form the dailies/monthlies ive been doing. RNG?
    Seems to be random, I don't know where I have them from but I think they might be inside the BLCs. Still have a dozen and had much more, I think I might have used the keys from the personal story for all the chests. Seems weird, but I had much more key drops in the beginning, now maybe one every month.

My GF on the other hand had to buy Transmutation Crystals, she didn't have a single one.

Anything level 80 requires a Transmutation Crystal, which near as I can tell they've removed from everything but the gem store. At least I have not gotten any for map completion or out of a BLC since October. So, with the current exchange that's roughly 3g per transmute.

Overall, GW2's system feels far too restrictive (and expensive), especially for a game that's supposed to be centered around cosmetics.
    I've said it several times that the gold-2-gem inflation makes all the cosmetic stuff a nightmare. Somebody asked on the official forums if we could have a Zomorros-receipe for changing Transmutation Stones into Transmutation Crystals. I hope they do something about it. Throwing out all your gold for some tiny nice-to-have-things really annoys me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    they said this before release, I was pretty surprised when I heard this 20scale thing too
    The wiki still says that some events scale up to 100. I actually thought they were talking about trying to make it scale even higher after launch.

Got 5 crystals from a BLC shortly after the game was launched, never seen any since then... :/

crystals? are you talking about transmutation stones?

Crystals are the level 80 transmutation stones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Crystals are the level 80 transmutation stones.
    Transmutation Stones were known as Basic Transmutation Stones, while
    Transmutation Crystals were known as Fine Transmutation Stones.

This was changed with the March update.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Transmutation Stones were known as Basic Transmutation Stones, while
    Transmutation Crystals were known as Fine Transmutation Stones.

This was changed with the March update.
    lol, this is news to me, thanks

Does anyone know of a EU server that has Grenth up? I would like to buy some boots there and our server seems to have stopped doing it after the new timers were released.

Deleted
    Not a clue what/where that is, but this may be of help..

http://v2.gw2stuff.com/events/eu

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    Not a clue what/where that is, but this may be of help..

http://v2.gw2stuff.com/events/eu
    I saw that but it unfortunately doesn't tell you when it's been taken. That said, a group on my realm took it down today so I was able to get the boots and save myself 5g in the process.

I discovered this site on the state of the temples. Was trying to find uncontested Balthazar for the Hell that is Orr map completion (again). :P

http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html

Anyone seen the "leaked" armor set and hairstyle?

Full Armor Set : http://i.imgur.com/HobDEvY.png
    Hairstyle: http://i.imgur.com/MwtRq6u.png

Edit: I was kind of hoping they'd add Kasmeer's face to character creation like they did Rox's horns.
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-05-27 at 08:23 PM.

I discovered this site on the state of the temples. Was trying to find uncontested Balthazar for the Hell that is Orr map completion (again). :P

http://www.gw2state.com/temples.html
    Thanks, this is brilliant. Just what the doctor ordered.

Just ran into the buggiest content i have ever seen in any mmo ever. The Conscript the Dead Ships part of the personal story. It is laughable how bugged this is.

Bug 1. Right at the start all 12 mobs spawn on the small dinghy you start on. As an Elly you last 1.2 seconds. After many deaths i was down to my pants with no gloves and hat. Forgot if you leave to repair you have to start from scratch. Same again but i took a repair canister this time.

Cleared the second boat no problem.

Bug 2. On the third boat wave after wave came before i had a chance to kill the one before. Like wave 1 ---> 4 seconds later ---->wave 2. So captain and 6 mobs to deal with and all my npcs dead. I got wiped out and restart at the check point. Oh look they all spawned on the small dinghy at the start. More death followed by kiting for ages. Another repair canister used.

Bug 3. On the fourth boat my npcs just stand there like trees as i have to deal with risen hyleks who can some how spit poison at me from over 1200 yards. Pretty hard but i get to the last captain. Now the sucker punch..

Bug 4. The fucking captain spawns with two guards who are green npcs. So i kill the captain but cant complete the quest as you have to clear the ship. Pretty hard to do when the two unattackable frog bastards are standing there.

So all the time and hassle for a quest i cant complete. The best part is a quick check of the interwebz tells me most of the bugs have been here for over 5 months. That was how far back the complaints go back on the official forums over most of this shit. So now i am snookered. That was my only real goal in the game so far. To complete my personal story. So just an fyi for anyone nearing that point in the personal story. AVOID THE NAVAL OPTION WHEN IT COMES. You will be stuck for god knows how many months.

Deleted
    Vaguely recall doing that & hated it, but then I`ve not liked any of the story at all. (Guild Wars story amazing, gw2 sucks the sphericals...)

But, I did manage it.
    What weapons are you using, what traits etc?
    I paly tankyish & D/D & it works, just drags out the tediousness of it all for even longer ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    So I haven't played in a while, and I'm wondering do y'all mostly see random players at lvl 80 zones, or do you see a fair amount of people in the leveling areas? It just seems like the server I'm currently on, there aren't a whole lot of people around, even in say Lion's Arch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    So I haven't played in a while, and I'm wondering do y'all mostly see random players at lvl 80 zones, or do you see a fair amount of people in the leveling areas? It just seems like the server I'm currently on, there aren't a whole lot of people around, even in say Lion's Arch.
    Just random 80s. When I see crowds of people it's usually for well farmed events or like the mystic forge/fractals areas of LA.

Nature of the game, I suppose. GW2 is very "come & go as you please". Both in the sense of picking up/dropping the game whenever, but also in the sense that the world is set up to encourage wandering/run-by action.

There is no real drive in the game- you just go wherever, whenever. To do, whatever.

I am sure this is not a revelation of anything. Merely musing on the openness of GW2 in this regard and the seeming effect it has population density.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-20ish zones are fine anything above that just depends on what major event is on, orr is generally a dead zone on my server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Just ran into the buggiest content i have ever seen in any mmo ever. The Conscript the Dead Ships part of the personal story. It is laughable how bugged this is.

Bug 1. Right at the start all 12 mobs spawn on the small dinghy you start on. As an Elly you last 1.2 seconds. After many deaths i was down to my pants with no gloves and hat. Forgot if you leave to repair you have to start from scratch. Same again but i took a repair canister this time.

Cleared the second boat no problem.

Bug 2. On the third boat wave after wave came before i had a chance to kill the one before. Like wave 1 ---> 4 seconds later ---->wave 2. So captain and 6 mobs to deal with and all my npcs dead. I got wiped out and restart at the check point. Oh look they all spawned on the small dinghy at the start. More death followed by kiting for ages. Another repair canister used.

Bug 3. On the fourth boat my npcs just stand there like trees as i have to deal with risen hyleks who can some how spit poison at me from over 1200 yards. Pretty hard but i get to the last captain. Now the sucker punch..

Bug 4. The fucking captain spawns with two guards who are green npcs. So i kill the captain but cant complete the quest as you have to clear the ship. Pretty hard to do when the two unattackable frog bastards are standing there.

So all the time and hassle for a quest i cant complete. The best part is a quick check of the interwebz tells me most of the bugs have been here for over 5 months. That was how far back the complaints go back on the official forums over most of this shit. So now i am snookered. That was my only real goal in the game so far. To complete my personal story. So just an fyi for anyone nearing that point in the personal story. AVOID THE NAVAL OPTION WHEN IT COMES. You will be stuck for god knows how many months.
    I did this recently. When I finished I was naked except for boots.

Deleted
    My server is quite busy atleast... Ofc you tend to see less people on some mid maps. And if you logged in recently the chanses are that alot of people are on Southshun doing the new events / stuff.