Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    What's with the "even"? Twilight Highlands was awesome. Dwarves being dwarfy, slap some Old God stuff on that and it's perfect! Vashj'ir was indeed horrible. Gameplay-wise at least, the story was pretty interesting.
    Awe. I loved it. :x

It wasn't really all that different from anywhere else except you can fly without a mount.

Deleted
    I actually liked Vash'jir, but I still definitely wanna see a burning legion expansion. Demons are THE antagonists in the warcraft universe, they were absent for way too long already... but as long we go away from asian themes I'm happy
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2013-05-26 at 04:51 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saw nothing bad with Vashj'ir. It had a really good story, being underwater never seemed like a problem...
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Deleted
    I like many of those ideas in this video, but me like to see The Burning Legion next and then some expansion with the other side of Azeroth. But I do not like that Naga class idea. Nagas don`t have legs. So how the hell they can mount?? Als I don`t like Ogre class idea. Female Ogres will be uglys.

After reading some of this thread I now find myself looking at a map of Earth and wondering what is on the other side...

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Roxx View Post
    Actually, If you pay attention to the lore pre-MoP,
    The reason MoP was released is that a ship was sailing in it's path and crashed down on the side of the island, Causing it to swim in circles, That would be the south end of the map today (The 'island' being a giant turtle),
    So when you look at it in a certain manner, Blizzard had this planned out quite well.
    "The day the alliance / horde decided to send a ship to explore the southern seas, They crashed into an unknown island (According to lore a giant turtle constantly swimming around) And thus the 'island' got stuck in the southern parts, And voila = Pandaria.
    One way or another, they got away with planning out Mists of Pandaria very well in my opinion.
    And that's even more then the reason the 'Other Side' theory is quite reasonable.
    The minute one of the sides (H/A) Decides it's 'time' to cover all of the seas on the planet, And suddenly fall up on an unknown land, on the 'other side'.

I'm actually hoping for something of that sort.
    Pandaria is not the giant turtle. The turtle and Pandaria are two different areas
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Deleted

Dark side of Azeroth is high likely to happen at some point.

EK Left, Maelstrom Central, Kalimdor Right, Northrend North-pole, Pandaria South-pole. That leaves the entire back side of the glove undiscovered.

I'm pretty sure when they add another place on the back, they'll completely change the maps, the in-game maps have never been accurate.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I don't understand how people disliked vash'jir. Are these people unable to grasp a level designed with 3 dimensional context in mind?
    The 3D combat caused enough issues to be mildly annoying.
    More important though was the quests and story. Some very good elements there, but the story dragged and there were enough issues with it that I was finished with the zone - as in wanting to get away - less than half way through.

There isn't any one element which killed the zone, and it is good looking and unique and different.....it's just a lot of little things came together to make people dislike the zone.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Well from the map screen there could be a arrow to change the layer of the map and keep the main map like the main four contents, and have the other ones like The Broken Isles, Kul Tiras finally being mentioned and other places that can be made into the other side of Azeroth.

It would give more content to Azeroth and have even more stuff to do on the isle to, and it would be awesome to.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that you mention it i wonder whats on the other side of the earth

There's no real definition as to the actual size of azeroth as we know it. The four continents we know could comprise anywhere from 20% to 90% of the globe. There's no way to know and likely an infinite area to expand upon. Though this would be bad story telling in general I think we can all agree, it'd get old exploring new continents over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    All i'm saying is that Outland might be in fact one of the moons of Azeroth... I'm not even claming it is, just a speculation exercice.
    Outland was once the Home world of the Orcs...not one of the Moons.

There's no real definition as to the actual size of azeroth as we know it. The four continents we know could comprise anywhere from 20% to 90% of the globe. There's no way to know and likely an infinite area to expand upon. Though this would be bad story telling in general I think we can all agree, it'd get old exploring new continents over and over and over.
    Most of the globes we've seen indicate that the Veiled/Forbidding Sea is roughly the same width as the Great Sea, so I really don't see a situation where the explored area of the globe is anywhere close to 20% of it's actual size. Still, while it is certainly big enough to house a new landmass, we just had a "Lost Continent" expansion with MoP. I don't really see them doing another one, especially with even less established lore to go off of, for the foreseeable future.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post

Imagine that map.....but zoomed in over Europe.

Would you say that zoomed in map of Europe is the entire world simply because the borders of the map don't allow for anythign else to be shown?

Right now...there are three obvious areas on Azeroth that could be used for an XPac.

1: Reuse of old zones. Doable. Desireable in small quantities even.
    2: The area surrounding the Maelstrom. Underwater or a new land as fulfilment of the Risen Land Prophecies

These two ideas don't require much in the way of changing the existing map boundaries.

Now - lets take the existing map, and make it wider. Lets see the oceans that lie West of Kalimdor and East of the EK. We know from variosu globes that there is quite a lot of empty space there. Space that Blizzard can fill with several continents should it desire to do so.

Arguing a map of the America means Europe doesn't exist isn't really a valid point - especially in a gameworld where the map can and will change should a new contient be needed.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post

Dark side of Azeroth is high likely to happen at some point.

EK Left, Maelstrom Central, Kalimdor Right, Northrend North-pole, Pandaria South-pole. That leaves the entire back side of the glove undiscovered.

I'm pretty sure when they add another place on the back, they'll completely change the maps, the in-game maps have never been accurate.
    It would be cool to happen *sometime* but not for the next expac, imo. I want to go to Argus or at least a new planet, enough of Azeroth!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    It would be cool to happen *sometime* but not for the next expac, imo. I want to go to Argus or at least a new planet, enough of Azeroth!

If the BL is coming to Azeroth, we'll need someplace new to stand.

EJL

To be honest, if Blizzard want to keep Wow going at some point they're going to have to introduce another new continent on Azeroth.

I actually doubt we will get another planet as an expansion. The focus is meant to be Azeroth, that's why its called "WORLD of warcraft". Draenor was a one-off - it's been connected to warcraft since Wc2, and through retcons since wc1. Other worlds don't have that connection.

Any argus/xoroth/whatever expansion would ultimately just be a repeat of outland anyway.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-05-26 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how people disliked vash'jir. Are these people unable to grasp a level designed with 3 dimensional context in mind?

It was incredibly unique and beautiful zone. It beat the living pants out of any other zone with the possible exception of Uldum.

I honestly am starting to think people disliked it because they don't want to explore or see interesting things. They simply want a straight easy line to level. Hell even the story of vash'jir was 500 times better than the other zones.
    I don't think it's not beautiful, because it most certainly is. The whole place is very unique and colorful, but I *hate* water both in games and in real life. Also, I love jumping while questing, can't do that in Vashj'ir.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Outland was once the Home world of the Orcs...not one of the Moons.
    Does one thing invalidate the other?? An example would be, saying that marsupial mammals are from Australia, does that invalidate the fact that marsupials lived in other continents besides Oceania??

If you keep reading the posts, someone already explained why my concept idea is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post

This?