Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    IHYLN DISAGREE WITH GHOSTCRAWLER! BLIZZARD MUST FIRE GHOSTCRAWLER!

They took away our fun and engaging experience? Weird, maybe your copy didn't come with it. I'm still engaged and having fun. Funny thing, subjectivity. But hey, go ahead and demand someone be out of a job because you disagree with them.

And all we can do is voice our opinion? No...we can choose to make things fun or ruin things. I suppose you've never heard about toxic communities in games. Blizzard implements queuing systems for BGs to try to balance teams. Community exploits it. Blame blizzard? No, that's 100% the community not making the game fun AND THEN voicing their opinion about it.

Personally, I think he's doing a fine job. There are some things I wish were different, but I'm not an entitled brat and will not make demands for subjective changes or demand people lose their job for doing their job. I'm objective enough to know that.
    Just because you are blind to the lack of choice we have doesn't mean we have to put up with Blizzard's shortsightedness and constant backpeddling. I'm glad YOU think the game is fun but there's another side to the coin and it's not very fun at the moment. They need to bring back the success of wotlk and stop being lazy with content.

Why do you think the playerbase becomes pissed off? Because they put in features like CRZ that the players asked for? Double gating of dailies? Required rep grinds? A lot of his criticism is NOT undeserved. It's refreshing to see such a naive wow player these days.
    Last edited by ihyln; 2013-05-26 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    Just because you are blind to the lack of choice we have doesn't mean we have to put up with Blizzard's shortsightedness and constant backpeddling. I'm glad YOU think the game is fun but there's another side to the coin and it's not very fun at the moment. They need to bring back the success of wotlk and stop being lazy with content.

Why do you think the playerbase becomes pissed off? Because they put in features like CRZ that the players asked for? Double gating of dailies? Required rep grinds? A lot of his criticism is NOT undeserved. It's refreshing to see such a naive wow player these days.
    I'm not blind to the lack of choice we have.
    No, you don't have to put up with their "shortsightedness and constant backpeddling". Unsub if you aren't happy.
    It sounds like you think I'm in the wrong because I'm having fun with the game. My fun is my opinion, it sounds like you're passing your lack of fun off as fact.
    They should bring back the success of wotlk. But how do they do it? (that's rhetorical. that was their peak, and will forever be the peak).
    It doesn't sound like they're being lazy with content. I guess that's another "fact" of yours. Content seems to be pretty regular. Especially compared to wrath - their "glory days". I particularly enjoyed the large gap of non-existent content that was between ICC and RS.

I think the playerbase is happy. I think the vocal minority is actually pissed off. And I think they're pissed off because they feel entitled.
    Most players don't ask for innovative features. Not all innovative features will be a success. No, they didn't ask for CRZ. No, it's not that bad. The community, if anything, corrupts it.
    They already admitted to the problem of the dailies and said they won't do it again. But I guess it's an easier argument to bring up failures of the past and present them as current and future problems.
    I will agree that some of his criticism is not undeserved. But the majority is not. Asking for his job definitely isn't.
    I guess having a different opinion is naive. So be it. Or it's a personal jab. Would you like to call for my job too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

You can add "Killed PvP" to the list of things he's fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    "A lot" isn't all, and he continues to work to tweek and balance those changes. Honestly, at times he is the scapegoat. He even admits when he makes a mistake, and when the players are right. When that happens, other class changes are made, usually ending with the community being happy for once.
    I have seen him admitting a mistake very VERY few times. I have seen him making mistakes A TON OF TIMES. I have seen him practically telling players to "shut the fuck up" about changes that EVERY PLAYER AND HIS MOTHER HAS BEEN AGAINST and letting them go live. I have seen him flat out ignore bug reports and letting things go live and later stating "we didn't have enough players on the beta/PTR to notice this bug".

He spews bullshit about many changes. He defends changes that even PLAYERS realize are bad.

Is he used as a scapegoat from time to time? Yes. But are his words his own? Hell yes. He sure as hell can own up to why a change is bad. He can admit that players' reasoning about some changes are sound. He can accept that his company CONSTANTLY and CONSISTENTLY ignores player feedback on the PTR and beta; and then he has the brashness to say things like "we didn't have the testing necessary to notice these bugs"?!

That last thing is pretty much the main reason I'm fed up and sick of Blizzard's shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    I still love the "I wish more people were playing and more interaction " followed by I hate CRZ to many people

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    You can add "Killed PvP" to the list of things he's fucked up.
    GC handles pve. kalgan handles pvp.

Deleted
    I practically never post here. But this thread sparked a fire in me.
    I'd like to side with those who defend GC and Blizzard. From here on, whenever I say "you", I'm referring to OP and everyone who agrees with him.
    Why do you have to complain all the time? Isn't it true that you play WoW alot? Then what you're doing is basically the same as gobbling down burgers while complaining about how awful they taste.
    Is it that you're internet heroes, whose sheer amount of awesomeness simply cannot be met by the game you just can't stop playing?
    Each post like this one is appears to be exactly the same to my eyes: everything is too easy for you. Everything is too boring. When you get your ass handed to you in PvP, it's not because the opponent is better, it's because the game is unbalanced. When you wipe on a boss in PvE, it's everyone else's fault and not yours. Well, my friend, the door is right over there. Please leave the building and let the non-hypocrites enjoy the game.
    I'm sorry that you're offended because casual players have epics too, so now you don't look as much like an internet hero by comparison. All you have to show for all of your amazing accomplishments is a different color on your equipment. Hell, it's not acceptable that people need to inspect you to see the little green "heroic" indicator on your gear. No, the game doesn't do you justice. You should be shooting lightning out your eyes and fart fire out your ass. You should be a feet taller than the rest of us, so everyone would recognize what a serious badass you are. /facepalm
    I'm a casual player, your average player I suppose, and I think the game has become better with each expansion. There's tons of stuff to do now. The new specs are great and diverse. The new talents are amazing and alot of fun. The new glyphs are awesome. And it's all balanced rather well. I feel like I can really customize my char now. The difference in DPS, HPS, or TPS/survivability if you're a tank, between the various talent tiers are now so small or situational that it all boils down to personal preference. They've even managed to ensure that a certain glyph is no longer mandatory.
    They're doing a great job. It used to be that only the hardcore players could see all the content, but now we all get to see it. Only the difference in difficulty varies.
    When you say "killed this" or "killed that", I think it means they changed something to make it better for everyone, and you don't want to adapt because you were good before and now you have to change. Maybe you don't come out on top anymore. Doesn't exactly grant you the right to whine, now does it?

Great job with MoP, Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by thebusiness View Post
    I still love the "I wish more people were playing and more interaction " followed by I hate CRZ to many people
    I don't understand the CRZ hate at all.

If you have a love letter to send to GC, you should send it to him directly.......
    This. He's pretty active on twitter. I think he makes a decent effort to respond to a lot of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Yeah, burn the heretic! He alone is ruining WoW. And activision is the reincarnation of evil!

/end sarcasm. Don't like it, don't play it. Easy solution.
    How about he does like it or liked it in the past and wants to see it back in form/improved? The OP's complaints are valid.

I would add that MoP has had some of the worst class/spec balance I've seen in WoW.

WOW made the MMORPG genre far more accessible and approachable to people than the MMORPGs before it. What were WOW's primary competitors at launch? EQ1 and Lineage 1? Those games were insanely unfriendly to newcomers. That game and other MMORPGs, were notorious for the amount of time it took to do anything. WOW was the casual MMORPG on the market when it launched. WOW has always been more accessible, more approachable, and more casual than the other MMORPGs on the market.

That was what sold WOW to the mass market so well. WOW always tried to add more things for the mass market to do. They've always aimed at the casual market.

When WOW came out, WOW was the casual MMORPG on the market. You're now whining about WOW being "casual", when WOW has always been a heavily casual MMORPG compared to the rest of the market.

Sorry, I had to point out that reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ghostcrawler is my Hero...I do love him so much!
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Your going to get flamed to hell because its MMOC, but I do agree on some of your points. Good luck with the rediculous arguments and hatred that will follow.
    No, he's gonna get flamed to hell because right from the gates he set himself up for ridicule by making the assumption that Greg is Alpha and Omega of Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    People who blame one person for everything that is done, have never worked a day in their lives. If they did, they would know that no one person decides, there are always other people involved.
    I 100% agree with this!

OP you need to graduate highschool/college, get a serious stable job, and learn that rarely does one person ever make the sole decisions in a company. GC just happens to be in the spotlight via twitter + the forums and a "voice" of one section of the WoW developers (there are multiple teams which handle different aspects of the game!!). It's a team of people - a lot of people, who bounce ideas off of each other and take feedback from the player base as well. As much as to you probably don't want to admit it, they are trying to make us (the playerbase) HAPPY with the game so that we stay longer. Players who stay subscribed = profit.

Don't blame one person. If you are unhappy - then write more clear and concise feedback and post it to the official forums. Or, maybe it is just your time to stop playing.

I agree with almost everything the OP said, however, I don't think that GC alone is the problem. GC is merely one part of the equation. There are others too.

However, if the game keeps losing subs like everybody expect it to, somebody is gonna have to be the scapegoat for it and it sure as hell ain't gonna be Tom Chilton/Kalgan or someone else from the "Old Boys".

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    Don't blame one person. If you are unhappy - then write more clear and concise feedback and post it to the official forums. Or, maybe it is just your time to stop playing.
    You are so right. I have quit WoW since January 2013, alongwith another 1,500,000 people. Looks like your advice is working. For the record, I only managed -with great effort- to suffer MoP for a couple of months.
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2013-05-26 at 09:21 AM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

gc didn't want flying mounts yet there still implented. so not everyting gc want will be implented the way he wants

Quote Originally Posted by Posokhov View Post
    WOW made the MMORPG genre far more accessible and approachable to people than the MMORPGs before it. What were WOW's primary competitors at launch? EQ1 and Lineage 1? Those games were insanely unfriendly to newcomers. That game and other MMORPGs, were notorious for the amount of time it took to do anything. WOW was the casual MMORPG on the market when it launched. WOW has always been more accessible, more approachable, and more casual than the other MMORPGs on the market.

That was what sold WOW to the mass market so well. WOW always tried to add more things for the mass market to do. They've always aimed at the casual market.

When WOW came out, WOW was the casual MMORPG on the market. You're now whining about WOW being "casual", when WOW has always been a heavily casual MMORPG compared to the rest of the market.

Sorry, I had to point out that reality.

True, good point

But they hit the golden ratio of Accessible/Casual:Challenging/Heroic when they released and around TBC when they had there best numbers and player base, the Ratio shifted a bit for WOTLK, but in hindsight not enough to really make the Challenging/Heroic people quit, and it invited even more people to the game, they have kept pushing that ratio more and more and more to Accessible/Casuals and now look at the state of the game and the player base

So while your points are true, the reality is they pushed it too far when they shouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I agree with almost everything the OP said, however, I don't think that GC alone is the problem. GC is merely one part of the equation. There are others too.

However, if the game keeps losing subs like everybody expect it to, somebody is gonna have to be the scapegoat for it and it sure as hell ain't gonna be Tom Chilton/Kalgan or someone else from the "Old Boys".

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 09:20 AM ----------

You are so right. I have quit WoW since January 2013, alongwith another 1,500,000 people. Looks like your advice is working. For the record, I only managed -with great effort- to suffer MoP for a couple of months.
    like we care you left with 1,500,000 other players. you only need around 300k players to have a healthy mmo. so there still plently of players who can leave:P

To Ghostcrawler,

This guy does not speak for me.
    Keep up the good work!
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler is just one man; a company is not just one man. Sure, he may influence others but the blame can hardly be just his for any decision the company makes.

"He's the only Dev communicating with the playerbase so everything must be his fault. Fire him !"