Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    RoF counts as periodic damage but it itself isn't a DoT. It can trigger periodic events, but doesn't follow the same damage rules as DoTs do.

Immolate should've been just like any other dot and required a refresh.
    I see. I figured that was the case since it's a buff on us and and not the target. I just said immolate because affdots didn't tell me to refresh, which naturally under these conditions it wouldn't. I didn't watch the numbers but I noticed a few ROFs that were high that I thought I'd throw in.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I see. I figured that was the case since it's a buff on us and and not the target. I just said immolate because affdots didn't tell me to refresh, which naturally under these conditions it wouldn't. I didn't watch the numbers but I noticed a few ROFs that were high that I thought I'd throw in.
    I'd like to clarify that the RoF buff on your character is nothing but a "built in" timer that has the same duration as RoFs effect and is applied to the caster when they cast RoF.

Cast RoF:
    ---> Player gains RoF buff of 6 seconds
    ---> Area is affected by RoF for 6 seconds

The buff was added in in 5.1 because of complaints that there was no way with the default UI to effectively track RoF.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    I'd like to clarify that the RoF buff on your character is nothing but a "built in" timer that has the same duration as RoFs effect and is applied to the caster when they cast RoF.

Cast RoF:
    ---> Player gains RoF buff of 6 seconds
    ---> Area is affected by RoF for 6 seconds

The buff was added in in 5.1 because of complaints that there was no way with the default UI to effectively track RoF.
    Ah, I see. Makes sense.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    People do know, it's just that everyone seem to ignore the first to replies from ComputerNerd and Keosen.

Effects on you - needs refresh.
    Effects on target - scales dynamically.

There are a few exceptions to this, one being legs on Garalon where testing proved to be that although you get a debuff when stepping into the rings, your dots scale dynamically as if it was an effect on the leg.
    I think the rule is % based dps change = dynamically. Doesn't matter of it's on you or the target...

as far as i know
    immo prior to the lolwaterdmgzone @bluetrolldude did change the dmg tick as soon as i stepped in. but well i could be wrong i'm kinda more fixated on "PROC FUCKING TRINKET DADDY NEED 2MIO CRITZ!" than anything else in that fight :P

- noutriment buff .. i could swear you have to recast, or maybe thats just luck that something procs in that second sometimes

primo -> u gotta refresh dots but even affdots tells you that

sadly i'm way to lazy to go lfr to test it out , then again i'm only affli for where i have to (tortozslow + primodotzmoardotz) and for destru immo is not that important to recast most of the time :P
    pewpewfire4live , may the lord of light be with you

Deleted
    If you get a buff (for example ji-kun buff) -> You need to refresh dots.
    If either the target or you gets a debuff (The pools on jin'rokh is a debuff, garalon legs aswell) -> No need to refresh

Quote Originally Posted by Drenaco View Post
    If you get a buff (for example ji-kun buff) -> You need to refresh dots.
    If either the target or you gets a debuff (The pools on jin'rokh is a debuff, garalon legs aswell) -> No need to refresh
    Except it was just shown that Jin'Rokh requires a refresh.

Quote Originally Posted by schmearcampain View Post
    So in your terminology, the term "debuff" doesn't necessarily mean a stat downgrade? This is why I'm confused. So any icons that end up on the same bar as Exhaustion are debuffs, regardless of what they actually do to you?
    Well yes it means stat downgrade, always. A debuff on a boss means that he's been downgraded so he takes more damage from you, for example. You don't need to refresh dots then, their damage will be calculated automatically with this debuff. If you mean that some debuffs acts as buffs (they appear in the Exhaustion bar but in fact grant you +damage, like, er, would that be Primordius?), then I suppose terminology gets a bit complicated. :P

A buff on you however works like a trinket proc would, therefore you need to re-apply.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 10:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by schmearcampain View Post
    Except it was just shown that Jin'Rokh requires a refresh.
    That's because he was wrong and the pools on jinrokh are actually a buff on you.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-05-27 at 08:08 AM.