Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GC talks Enhancement AE in 5.4 and Beyond...

Icy-veins has an interview where GC gives a hint at changes to come:

Shamans — What would you say to Enhancement Shamans who feel that their AoE damage could use a buff?

Enhance has good AE but with a long ramp up time. While our goal isn’t to have every DPS spec tie in every specific situation, we do think we could shorten Enhance’s ramp up. We have one cool idea we want to explore in 5.4 as a tier set bonus that will benefit both single target and AE damage. We often use tier set bonuses as a testing ground for new class ideas. If it works out and players like it, that mechanic might become core in a future patch or expansion.

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...w-design-team/

Our AoE is weak in my opinion but I'm fine with that if we retain are newly found strong single target (what we were always seemingly intended to be good at). I'll be interested to see what this set bonus is though. Personally would be cool to see something storm-y but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Our AoE is weak in my opinion but I'm fine with that if we retain are newly found strong single target (what we were always seemingly intended to be good at). I'll be interested to see what this set bonus is though. Personally would be cool to see something storm-y but that's just me.
    I enjoy the single target buffs but I wouldn't say that we're so much stronger than others in that area that our AE deficiency is fine.

I am surprised they are aware that Enha's AoE is not good.

Considering GC said "Elemental is fine in PvE" while being almost dead last on every boss fight (except durumu?) makes me really surprised they are aware of Enha's poor aoe.

Well at least they are addressing it. Enhancement aoe is not weak, it does a fair bit of damage, its just pain to pull off perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Well at least they are addressing it. Enhancement aoe is not weak, it does a fair bit of damage, its just pain to pull off perfectly.
    Pretty sure that's what weak means. When you have to take time to set up a nice magma totem+fs spread, your down syndromey ele friend is spamming chain lightning and doing 5x your dps. The damage may not be weak, but the system of setting up for half ass aoe sure is.

Deleted
    Totally calling it. FS ticks reduce LvL CD by 2s per tick.

What other way would they boost single target and AE at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Fire Nova.

When you cast Fire Nova, Lava Lash's damage is reduced by X.

Your way would also work, but you'd need to obviously cap it per 1 FS or something. I mean if you're rolling 5-9 FS's.... you have instant LL all around.

Deleted
    Reducing LvL damage by X after casting FN? Could you give me a scenario of your example?

If anything doesn't that reduce our single target without changing AE in the slightest?

edit: If you have 5-9 FS's like you said Radux, then you are AE'ing and/or cleaving, effectively boosting our cleave tremendously not to mention you would be spaming LvL left and right WITHOUT Searing Flames, so wouldn't be as broken as you might think

I also think it was Ryethe who said that our LvL was refreshing other nearby FS's.

http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthre...ll=1#post84297
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2013-05-25 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    imo they should make Fire Nova also spread FlameShock to multiple targets and remove it from Lava Lash. And I want an Acid Rain that makes Healing Rain do damage plz. <3

Edit: I also think Magma Totem should give us Searing Flames if it his X amount of targets.
    Last edited by Roboctopus; 2013-05-26 at 01:04 AM.
    Roboctopus of STAY MAD - Sargeras
    http://staymad.enjin.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i''m hyped by what he said. I hope i won't be disappointed.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Unleash Elements grants another charge of unleash flame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    imo they should make Fire Nova also spread FlameShock to multiple targets and remove it from Lava Lash. And I want an Acid Rain that makes Healing Rain do damage plz. <3

Edit: I also think Magma Totem should give us Searing Flames if it his X amount of targets.
    This is what I have suggested for the longest time, it makes much more sense for an aoe spell to spread an aoe dot rather then ll....very similar to how warriors used thunderclap to spread rend dot. I would also suggest making fn a targetable spell like dk howling blast, give it a 10 to 15 yd range and not require flame shok to use but instead apply fl shock to surrounding targets just like howl blAasst and frost fever, but limit it to 2-4 fl shocks per fn...so next time you use fn it triggers off main target plus any others with fl shok.

This would simplify our aoe rotation and make it much easier to use plus more in line with how other aoes work..... As for more single target damage, I can't think of anything but if they make fnspread fl shock then u no longer have to hold off on using lava lash at all which would lead to increased single target damage

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jecht View Post
    Totally calling it. FS ticks reduce LvL CD by 2s per tick.

The problem with that is, it messes with the synergy with Searing Totem to much. It will pretty much make the relationship with Searing Flames invalid and I dont think thats something they would be willing to do.

I dont know why we cant just have an extra ability that we can use when we want to AoE. My idea and this is just an example, is reworking Primal Strike. Currently its a low level Stormstrike replacement. Because it shares a cooldown with Stormstrike they could use that as a AoE ONLY move. Have it do a form of Earthquake. Shaman strikes the ground with both weapons causing the ground to erupt. Could have it similar to a whirlwind where its a massive 360 AoE or even a front cone type shockwave.

I dont know what they will do. But the ramp up time is just far to much in its current state. We need to be able to snap AoE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    The problem with that is, it messes with the synergy with Searing Totem to much. It will pretty much make the relationship with Searing Flames invalid and I dont think thats something they would be willing to do.

I dont know why we cant just have an extra ability that we can use when we want to AoE. My idea and this is just an example, is reworking Primal Strike. Currently its a low level Stormstrike replacement. Because it shares a cooldown with Stormstrike they could use that as a AoE ONLY move. Have it do a form of Earthquake. Shaman strikes the ground with both weapons causing the ground to erupt. Could have it similar to a whirlwind where its a massive 360 AoE or even a front cone type shockwave.

I dont know what they will do. But the ramp up time is just far to much in its current state. We need to be able to snap AoE.
    An AoE Ground slam type ability that shares a cd with SS is pretty cool and could work.....but I still think the best and simplest solution is to make FN work just like Howling blast and be a targetable spell that applies FLS to surrounding targets of your main target.....it could even share a CD with shocks and be an "AoE Shock". It would keep the same ramp up mechanic by spreading FLS's and triggering more FN's but this way you are not restricted by the 10 sec LL cd or the 6 sec FLS cd (FN will always be available even if you just used a shock, but assuming you link them then using FN would put other shocks on CD but using a shock would not put FN on cd).

Its how the mechanic should have been designed to being with, making it tied to a 10 sec LL and having an aoe dot spread by a single target ability and not an AoE ability is just poorly thought out design, hence the need for the glyph to prevent LL from spreading FLS in CC sensitive situations......if FN spread FLS then you wouldn't have to worry since you use LL for single target and FN only when you want to aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Pretty sure that's what weak means. When you have to take time to set up a nice magma totem+fs spread, your down syndromey ele friend is spamming chain lightning and doing 5x your dps. The damage may not be weak, but the system of setting up for half ass aoe sure is.
    I would call it clunkly rather than weak, weak implies the damage sucks. They should add EQ to enhancement's spellbook.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would call it clunkly rather than weak, weak implies the damage sucks. They should add EQ to enhancement's spellbook.
    The problem with that is, melee casting a spell like that, feels even worse. They could possibly link it to Maelstrom Weapon, however then we are still stuck in the same boat we are now. Instead of holding off on using Lava Lash waiting for adds to spawn, were holding onto MW stacks.

Making lavalash benefit from, but not consume searing flames, aswel as triggering firenova (modified to also dmg the target it originates from) on every LL, would be a 1target and aoe buff. This lash-based nova wouldn't affect the actual spell cd, nor be hindered by it.

EQ is ele's version of an aoe joke.

If it will be a set bonus, then it won't be a new spell, and it is supposed to improved both single and AoE, I am thinking it will be a decrease on Lava Lash cooldown, but what I really wanted would be to remove Lava Lash from our AoE and have Fire Nova spread Flame Shock.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman