I've relied on this addon since Wotlk. The only fix available for now is to disable in game sound. I did that for last nights raid. The problem is that there has been a change (bug or intended unknown) to the way in which sound is handled in game - in game sound now takes prio over addon sounds. This means that in raids, where there are a great many sounds all happening at once, hearkitty will rarely be heard. Afaik, this is something that the addon developers are powerless to fix on their end. From the hear kitty developer:

"The problems with Hear Kitty not making sounds are unfortunately related to a bug in patch 5.3 and do not seem to be anything that I can fix. Any other addon that makes sounds, like DBM, suffers the same problems. In the meantime, the only fix is to press Ctrl+S to turn off regular game sounds. (Make sure the "Control Hear Kitty sound volume the same as in-game sounds" checkbox is off, too. It's off by default.)

The game will prioritize spell effect sounds over Hear Kitty's sounds, so in a large raid environment you never hear Hear Kitty or other addons as of 5.3."

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 09:24 AM ----------

Brief test on dummies this morning would indicate that while the initial application of thrash does crit, the actual dot damage does not. This is for feral dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidums View Post
    Realm restart, lets hope for hotfix (eu)
    no fix yet : ( mine still doesnt crit

Deleted
    I though my thrash dmg was a bit low, never even looked at the crits from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    I've relied on this addon since Wotlk. The only fix available for now is to disable in game sound. I did that for last nights raid. The problem is that there has been a change (bug or intended unknown) to the way in which sound is handled in game - in game sound now takes prio over addon sounds. This means that in raids, where there are a great many sounds all happening at once, hearkitty will rarely be heard. Afaik, this is something that the addon developers are powerless to fix on their end. From the hear kitty developer:

"The problems with Hear Kitty not making sounds are unfortunately related to a bug in patch 5.3 and do not seem to be anything that I can fix. Any other addon that makes sounds, like DBM, suffers the same problems. In the meantime, the only fix is to press Ctrl+S to turn off regular game sounds. (Make sure the "Control Hear Kitty sound volume the same as in-game sounds" checkbox is off, too. It's off by default.)

The game will prioritize spell effect sounds over Hear Kitty's sounds, so in a large raid environment you never hear Hear Kitty or other addons as of 5.3."

---------- Post added 2013-05-23 at 09:24 AM ----------

Brief test on dummies this morning would indicate that while the initial application of thrash does crit, the actual dot damage does not. This is for feral dps.
    Hmm no choice other than turning wow effects off then : ( i want to keep hearkitty!

the trash initial dmg can crit in bear aswell, but no dot crits sadly. so same as kitty

Deleted
    Need to report about dis bug asap!

Deleted
    Fixed on EU only just tested right now!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidums View Post
    Fixed on EU only just tested right now!
    confirmed, critting again :>

Fixed on US as well.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    confirmed, critting again :>
    that strange not even server restart, hope that was mine chat with GM that kick their lazy asses to fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyh View Post
    Hmm no choice other than turning wow effects off then : ( i want to keep hearkitty!

the trash initial dmg can crit in bear aswell, but no dot crits sadly. so same as kitty
    There was some hotfixes to the sounds in game.
    Maybe this will fix your add-on

"Sound effects should no longer be cut out in areas with a large number of ambient sounds.
    Fixed an issue where some sounds were not playing correctly during boss fights.
    Fixed an issue where the raid warning sound was not playing correctly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Claws View Post
    There was some hotfixes to the sounds in game.
    Maybe this will fix your add-on

"Sound effects should no longer be cut out in areas with a large number of ambient sounds.
    Fixed an issue where some sounds were not playing correctly during boss fights.
    Fixed an issue where the raid warning sound was not playing correctly."
    Our mage was getting a bit surprised that dbm did not say anything when we did jin'rokh hc...................... fun times ;P

was fun on mageara and Jin not even 1 dbm warning/countdown works ingame even with game sounds lowered to 0 or disabled still hearing only TS but well makes you keep track on timers/buffs/debuffs full time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    that strange not even server restart, hope that was mine chat with GM that kick their lazy asses to fix it
    Mine just started critting, right in the middle of a heroic. I got a reply from a GM saying i was wrong and nothing was broken, so i linked the blue post :P

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post
    was fun on mageara and Jin not even 1 dbm warning/countdown works ingame even with game sounds lowered to 0 or disabled still hearing only TS but well makes you keep track on timers/buffs/debuffs full time.
    coz mini client patch disable out of date addons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    coz mini client patch disable out of date addons
    addons wherent disable. sound was.

how is everyone enjoying the sr buff?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Does anyone know if there is a reforge tool that accounts for upgrades? I have not been able to get Wow-Reforge to use the extra stats from my upgrades and the tool posted on Fluid Druid wasn't working for me, it was unable to get the stats I currently have.

Here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yorrick/simple

Silly RoR..

Quote Originally Posted by geckomage View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a reforge tool that accounts for upgrades? I have not been able to get Wow-Reforge to use the extra stats from my upgrades and the tool posted on Fluid Druid wasn't working for me, it was unable to get the stats I currently have.

Here is my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yorrick/simple

Silly RoR..
    Catus is your friend: http://fluiddruid.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4574.

That's what I tried to use. I kept getting an error when I tried to reforge my gear.

Edit: Every time I try to use Catus I get "Found Zero Solutions. Try relaxing hit/exp requirements" I am clearly hit and exp capped, and I'm Over each cap. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or need to do to get catus to work.
    Last edited by geckomage; 2013-05-28 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Register on the site and post the problem, the developer of the program will gladly help you i'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by geckomage View Post
    That's what I tried to use. I kept getting an error when I tried to reforge my gear.

Edit: Every time I try to use Catus I get "Found Zero Solutions. Try relaxing hit/exp requirements" I am clearly hit and exp capped, and I'm Over each cap. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or need to do to get catus to work.
    "Found Zero Solutions. Try relaxing hit/exp requirements" means that there is no possible way to get your Hit and Exp inside the ranges specified in the interface. If your settings say "Hit At-least 2550, Exp At-least 2550, Range 100" that means Hit = [2550, 2650] and Exp = [2550, 2650]. Catus is smart enough to adjust the "2550" to your lowest possible hit automatically, however for you gear, if you have "Crit > Haste" checked or don't allow Catus to change your gems, the lowest possible Hit is 2677 (which is outside the 2550-2650 range.)

The easiest thing to do is change the "Range" to something like "250". Which expands the search to [2550, 2800].

As mentioned above, if you have issues, just make a post at the FluidDruid in my Catus thread, as I'm not very active on this forum.