Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    Why is it bis? Is it only because there is nothing better without swimming in hit?
    It gives a huge amount of averaged RPS over the course of the fight, enough to beat out other trinkets even if the proc puts you quite far over the hard crit cap. Its biggest benefit is that because it procs crit, it is by far the best trinket option for DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Andaja View Post
    And last and most important, how do I use it? I understand the concept of using it for cat, but bear usage doesn't seem as clear to me.
    From a survival perspective not much changes. The primary reason you would want to react to the proc and do your rotation differently during it is to squeeze out some extra damage.

The most logical thing to me is that saving Berserk to overlap without it can offer some ridiculous burst opportunities, but bleed clipping also seems very enticing as well so not sure how much water that holds. Of course, using Berserk is a DPS oriented decision not a survival one since you'll probably flood rage so hard it'd be overkill for most situations.

Someone else (Arielle?) can probably comment on specifics better than I.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

but bleed clipping also seems very enticing as well so not sure how much water that holds.
    A lot.

Ideally you want to land a Thrash at the start and end of a Rune proc for maximum DPS. Also refresh Lacerate as close to the end as possible.

15+ Year Old Account
    on the first boss (hc), is it possiable to controll to wich pilar the tank gets thrown
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    on the first boss (hc), is it possiable to controll to wich pilar the tank gets thrown
    Yep. All mechanics work the same, you just have the addition of lightning balls. First pillar is easy to choose. Second one is so and so... It depends on how and where you dodge (certain stacking point or something).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    He will throw the tank to the farthest pilar from his position.

My current trinks for RPS are:

1. Vicious Talisman
    2. Bad Juju
    3. Talisman of Bloodlust

Which two would be best? I'm leaning towards Juju/Bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon14 View Post

1. Vicious Talisman
    2. Bad Juju
    3. Talisman of Bloodlust

Vicious/Bloodlust.

Thanks arielle.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon14 View Post

1. Vicious Talisman
    2. Bad Juju
    3. Talisman of Bloodlust

use vicious with juju on high fights with high physical and blodlust vicious when you have more magicdmg or dots.

I went from haste > mastery to mastery > haste, even dropped 4 piece on some fights, but the extra haste you gain is minor imo. bloodlust is very nice if you have RoR but still if you have higher ilvl than 528 than bloodlust with RoR is not as good.

If you wrath spam with HotW at the start of a fight juju vicious would also be a bit better, still bloodlust procs from wrath too.

I would go with vicious juju on most fights, but that depends im currently MT so i tend to go for a bit more mastery. And i like those agi procs more than the haste proc. Vicious is the best if you dont have too much hit on your gear.

If you wrath spam with HotW at the start of a fight juju vicious would also be a bit better, still bloodlust procs from wrath too.
    This is an important note. If you're using HotW for DPS, Vicious/Juju is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    Which bosses should I start with HotW (whether as cat or wrath spam (not using a caster wep. for wrath spam, as the 471 is so meh compared to my 522 agi wep))? I mean on which is it worth it?

Jin'rokh - the time when the debuff is placed on MT happens very soon. [not sure if viable]
    Horridon - I start boss, then take first door. [not possible]
    Council - I have Malak from start. [not possible]
    Tortos - possible with wrath spam I guess until first bats (I am the bat tank). [haven't tried it, but seems okei]
    Megeara - using HotW+tranq on 6th Rampage [using as healing CD]
    Ji-kun - I am starting with Wrath spam [using]
    Durumu - starting with Wrath spam [using]
    Primordius - not sure... As I will go and deal with the blobs, so maybe those die faster when I am cat. [haven't tried it and unsure if optimal]
    Dark Animus - [not possible]
    Iron Qon - starting as cat, maybe with wrath it would be better [using]
    Twins - not sure is cat or wrath spam better [using as cat]
    Lei Shen - starting in cat [using]

I am the OT always so I go second for all bosses. Would like some input where am I using HotW when it is a loss and where should I be using instead?
    Jin'rokh - NV is really strong on this fight if you are in the puddle and use it once the magic debuff applied if you are tanking it will heal alol.
    Horridon - NV with berserk while tanking adds is really strong
    Council - NV is stronger here too if you tank alteast two of them together with berserk.
    Ji-kun - On heroic i recommend using NV, it lines up really well with second bottom nest guardian and after that the aoe and is rdy next time you are
    on the second bottom one again with berserk
    Primordius - both good and if you are twohealing it a hotw tranq is really good
    Twins - not sure is cat or wrath spam better [using as cat] If you are taking the add in darknes phase NV is better imo.

I agree on the rest.

So I have these 3 trinkets right now and I'm wondering which are the two best:

522 SPA VP trinket (Hit reforged to crit)
    502 Talisman of Rage
    483 Terror in the Mists

I want to say that the ilvls trump everything but that crit proc is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    So I have these 3 trinkets right now and I'm wondering which are the two best:

522 SPA VP trinket (Hit reforged to crit)
    502 Talisman of Rage
    483 Terror in the Mists

I want to say that the ilvls trump everything but that crit proc is nice.
    Yeah terror is better. since strength only gives us ap which we dont need and terror gives you more dps/rps.

im curious how did you manage to get raidfinder version of a strength trinket with a druid.

Probably just a typo and meant Talisman of Bloodlust.

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    Yeah terror is better. since strength only gives us ap which we dont need and terror gives you more dps/rps.

im curious how did you manage to get raidfinder version of a strength trinket with a druid.
    Sorry, meant the agility trinket. It's an agility upgrade but dunno if the haste proc is better than the crit proc from LFR Terror.

Renatakis doenst proc from wrath casts anymore did anyone else notice that

@turbo: i would go with the bloodlust, but not 100% sure due to the crit proc.

If you would like to see some numbers, Arielle did a nice write up back in Feb comparing the 5.2 trinks. Not sure how much that info has changed since the original posting.

http://theincbear.com/monday-roundup-february-19th-2013

Did some testing today for like 2 houres while HotW is active both RoR and Renatakis dont proc they both proc the second HotW drops every time, weapon enchants work but both trinket dont bloodlust seems to work. Vicious only procs in cat and Renatakis doens proc on wrath or cat

Will do some testing and add logs but did someone else saw this or did i have bad RNG for like 10 times in a row
    Last edited by Viromand; 2013-05-29 at 05:24 PM.

Deleted
    it is procing for me every time

Works perfectly fine for me, RoR, VT, Dancing Steel all proccing off of Wrath during HotW.