Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    So a combination of both? Will it do better aeo dps then the infernal (which is bad already) and will a equal in single target dps like doomguard?

If its equal then people will use Pit Lord for the added aeo (since most fights have adds) but if it isn't equal then people won't use it since its a dps lose.

And combining a dps cooldown with a utility cooldown is also a bad design choice and something Blizzard has moved away from combining dps cooldowns with utility since it isn't fun as dps to be forced to use a dps cooldown for utility. A example is the speed boost my alt shaman could got when using ghost wolfs, now the speed boost is a separate ability.

And btw we have Supremacy Imp that can dispel

Their is realistic no reason why Blizzard should even consider a powerful demon cooldown since Blizzard doesn't give new spells just for the sake of it, they add utility if needed or change a dps ability but they don't go around and giving spells that overlaps with the current abilitys.

Not sure if you can survive Cataclysm without the Pit lords charge
    You can survive the cataclysm if you UR + SP at full health, using your portal to land instead of getting 200K falldamage.
    One time trick tho :P

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Its the other way around actually, you don't read what I'm posting.

To keep it simple

Your suggestion overlaps to much with our current abilities and because of that its already a bad design choice.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=115276 is what we got that can dispell 3 magical debuffs on friendly targets

And adding utility to a dps cooldown is a bad design choice for which Blizzard has moved away from. If your going to use your cooldown for dispelling then your losing dps (which isn't fun).
    You obviously didnt read what i posted...

Seriously. Go back and actually read...

Go back to my OP and the post which I originally replied to you. I don't like repeating myself.
    Last edited by justinmccray111; 2013-05-08 at 02:53 PM.

So we get green fire and a pit lord? Yeah mages would shit their pants so hard with the QQ that locks would just be deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    So...

What are those huge problems in PVE and pvp?

And size isn't much of an issue.

The pit lord can be the same "size" of the Infernal or slightly larger.
    Huge mobs would cover up other mobs/players. This is the "huge" problem that I was referring to.

Contrary to what you suggest, size IS a big issue. A small Annihilan would be an immersion breaker and a big one would make locating/targeting enemy NPCs/players very difficult.

This might not be the kind of issue that your average forumgoer considers problematic, but I can almost guarantee you that it'd be a deal-breaker from a game design perspective.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-05-08 at 07:23 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Huge mobs would cover up other mobs/players. This is the "huge" problem that I was referring to.

Contrary to what you suggest, size IS a big issue. A small Annihilan would be an immersion breaker and a big one would make locating/targeting enemy NPCs/players very difficult.

This might not be the kind of issue that your average forumgoer considers problematic, but I can almost guarantee you that it'd be a deal-breaker from a game design perspective.

Ok if they make it a guardian demon like i suggests, it would be available for in a small window of time. It doesnt have to be huge or small. You would just have to design it right. I say just slightly larger than the abyssal guardian we already summon. That seems plenty big for me.

Also you got to remember, our demons are ALOT smaller than demons out in the game.

If the next expansion is burning legion related, then expect this to happen...

I know this is going to happen.
    In 5 months blizzcon will happen and announce features. You can thank me now.

Quote Originally Posted by justinmccray111 View Post
    If the next expansion is burning legion related, then expect this to happen...

I know this is going to happen.
    In 5 months blizzcon will happen and announce features. You can thank me now.
    Thank you so much justinmccray111 for predicting the future and saving us all from the obvious imminent doom with your fantastical idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    My idea:

Reduce the cooldowns of Doomguard and Infernal to 3-5 mins (and reduce the damage they do and up for 30sec? but still on the same cd).
    Make Pitlord the only 10 min cd, as it can be used for aoe and execution.

This will make the doomguard a nice turrent/totem for pve/pvp. Infernal will be a nice stun in pvp, but actually usuable in pve in aoe situations; In most fights, there are not enough adds up or long enough to count the infernal, but with each being able to be used twice or thrice in an encounter, you can actually use an infernal in the situation they are called for, mass aoe in short amount of time.

And you will not need to worry about deciding between doomguard and infernal for aoe/single target and which comes out on top with the 10 min cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Thank you so much justinmccray111 for predicting the future and saving us all from the obvious imminent doom with your fantastical idea.

No problem.

---------- Post added 2013-05-12 at 07:37 PM ----------

Thats an interesting alternative idea, Wolfen.

I cant wait till blizzcon so i can show these naysayers blizz actually listens to player suggestions and feedback.

There's going to be a pit lord we can summon in the upcoming expansion.
    You can count on it!

The Pit Lord is awesome because he is terribly OP and huge in the scenario. If blizzard ever put a pitlord in our spellbook it would be a very watered down lame version and be on a huge cooldown. I mean just look at doomguard/infernal and how awesome those are on a whopping 10 minute cooldown..

if next expansion truly is burning legion as so many people have speculated, a pitlord would make an amazing lvl 95 demo talent. Not as a permanent pet, but a temporary summon like a service felguard.

Deleted
    Please, no, no more pets. Demo feels like a kindergarden already.

Horrible idea. I want something that I can really control, something I can rely on, not being afraid of my major DPS CD getting an epilepsy seizure in the middle of the fight.

Not to mention that WoW demons don't really look cool. I don't know where do you all get the impression. Diablo III demons or Heroes VI Inferno, now those are some demons that look imposing. A big stegosaurus with a polearm is really nothing that cool. Imo, the only cool looking demon is Voidlord, others are just meh.
    Last edited by mmoc66d840c490; 2013-05-26 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivio View Post
    Please, no, no more pets. Demo feels like a kindergarden already.

Horrible idea. I want something that I can really control, something I can rely on, not being afraid of my major DPS CD getting an epilepsy seizure in the middle of the fight.

Not to mention that WoW demons don't really look cool. I don't know where do you all get the impression. Diablo III demons or Heroes VI Inferno, now those are some demons that look imposing. A big stegosaurus with a polearm is really nothing that cool. Imo, the only cool looking demon is Voidlord, others are just meh.

i have to agree with you about not wanting anymore pets.Its not a bad idea or anything, i just think we have enough pets as it.Plus I've always felt like when they start to make our pets the main aspect of the class by giving them really neat abilities instead of the actual warlock it makes the pet seem more important and awesome than the actually warlock, which is kinda lame.I want my warlock to be the awesome one and my pet to be my supporter not the other way around

A Pitlord would only ever be added as a cosmetic replacement of an Infernal.

Blizzard aren't going to add anything that would make existing spells worthless (Doomguard/Infernal).

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The Pit Lord is awesome because he is terribly OP and huge in the scenario. If blizzard ever put a pitlord in our spellbook it would be a very watered down lame version and be on a huge cooldown. I mean just look at doomguard/infernal and how awesome those are on a whopping 10 minute cooldown..
    I have a feeling you did not read the very first post on th front page. I made a case for an awesome guardian demon to address your particular issue.

---------- Post added 2013-05-27 at 01:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    A Pitlord would only ever be added as a cosmetic replacement of an Infernal.

Blizzard aren't going to add anything that would make existing spells worthless (Doomguard/Infernal).
    You dont know that.

Pit lord?
    2 words...yes please!!!

Pretty interesting idea tbh.

The only realistic proposition I see is optionally replacing the Infernal with the Pit Lord, then maybe people would actually use that Demon. If not only for shits and giggles lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xandy View Post
    The only realistic proposition I see is optionally replacing the Infernal with the Pit Lord, then maybe people would actually use that Demon. If not only for shits and giggles lol
    That's a good idea.

I just read something in another thread called Suggestion for new warlock 90 talents.

Perhaps each guardian a command demon spell?

Though Im just making alternative ideas to my original suggestion