Poll: Which would you prefer?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Niether I would prefer to see more imaginative gameplay. I could care less about graphical updates and new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    This admittedly sprang up in another discussion, and this article. However, it really got me curious since both issues have popped up in the numerous discussions about the next expansion. So I want to know; If you had to choose only one, which would it be? Revamped vanilla models, or 2 new races?

Just to make this a bit easier, the 2 new races could be whatever you want them to be.

So which would you prefer for the next WoW expansion? Revamping the old races, or creating 2 brand new races?
    New models, depending on what they looked like would be enough to get me back into the game probably.
    Call me House.

So which would you prefer for the next WoW expansion? Revamping the old races, or creating 2 brand new races?
    Vanilla race redo. Frankly, there's no need for more races, we have plenty. Most people also have at least one of every class in game, again, making more races useless. If they create more races, it's essentially a money grab, counting on people to change races and therefore make money off of players who race change. Sure, they could just level up another character, but that gets extremely boring after the 12th time, especially for something cosmetic only.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the above.

While both would be good to have, neither one garners my hopes. They belong to the speculation (note, that key word) of a Tinker class.

Should also include a "use older model" option, in case the newer one doesn't quite measure up.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla race model updates.

I don't have any intention of leveling any new characters, and besides dwarves, taurens, and pandas have me covered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Model revamp would be far more interesting to me. New races wouldn't really affect me, I have my main (of six-ish years) and I don't plan on switching.

10+ Year Old Account
    I said 2 new races, because we know what the old races are, its just a matter of whether they'd update the models but keep the skeletons.
    Or if they'll change the skeletons and textures, but keep it familiar like I think they said they wanted to.

Whereas with 2 new races, I'd be very interested to see what races they choose.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Ideally, Both. But if I absolutely had to choose? New Races. Why because its new content. I think Zarhym really nailed it in one of his comments on this issue that vanilla/tbc model revamps will probably not be considered as 'new content'. Sure, new models will look great , but then what more are players going to do with the new model?

voted new races but also very excited to see what blood elves look like with brand new models
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Revamp all the way. Cant wait to finally see my mon look more badass.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    half an hour fame of the leveling zone and then to be forgotten like it used to be with alliance races (Draenei (don't count the Outland Draenei into the Alliance Draenei lore because they are nowhere related) and Worgen) versus looking countless hours at the chunky old model of your main characters?

Ehm ... revamp the vanilla and bc races..

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    half an hour fame of the leveling zone and then to be forgotten like it used to be with alliance races (Draenei (don't count the Outland Draenei into the Alliance Draenei lore because they are nowhere related) and Worgen) versus looking countless hours at the chunky old model of your main characters?

Ehm ... revamp the vanilla and bc races..
    yes they are the exact same thing and belong to the exact same faction.

all the draenei on outland are alliance draenei
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Revamped shizzle ofcourse. Races can Always wait!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

They really REALLY need to make some things that have been left in the dust better. Things like professions haven't been interesting since tBC. I know revamps take a lot of development time out of other things but I do believe it's a necessity.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 06:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    Model revamp would be far more interesting to me. New races wouldn't really affect me, I have my main (of six-ish years) and I don't plan on switching.
    This is a very valid point. I don't think there's nearly as many Goblins or Worgen playing as the older races.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Both, we shouldn't even need to choose
    Last edited by Vathius; 2013-05-29 at 06:15 AM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    New races. New models simply give us better versions of what we already have.

EJL

Deleted
    Old races revamp. New races like pandaren may be cool but they look terrible in most of the armor sets in the game.

Revamped humans and orcs will make me happy enough. I don't care about the rest as they don't work well with the armor design (besides fem belfs but bleaurgh...).

10+ Year Old Account
    Adding more races all the time is not a good idea. Lore wise it doesn't make sense and takes away the original alliance/horde feeling.

Shouldn't be any doubt that the old race new models will be ready for 6.0. There was an outcry last expansion, they know they can't put it off until 2016.

Deleted
    A new Dwarf model with a "free" (as in, not glued to their chest) beard with physics... Oh GOD I WANT IT!