Thread: Renew to weak

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Renew is great on Durumu, particularly with Cascade in Serenity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Renew is great on Durumu, particularly with Cascade in Serenity.
    Yea, as stated, high movement. But priority would still be PoM CoH and Cascade. Renew is just filler since you aren't really gonna stop and turret during the maze.

And "great" is an overstatement I think. It's good, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that it is relatively weak.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    I raid 10 (normal), spend a lot of time in serenity, have renew glyphed for the majority of fights and have gone against the usual advice and geared spirit > haste (to cap) > crit > mastery. I use renew quite a lot, to top off dps and keep it rolling on tanks. I've found this works well for me in my situation. I wouldn't recommend it to all priests (certainly not for 25s); it's just there's not one right way to heal, or to gear, as holy. The strength of renew depends on your situation and choices.

15+ Year Old Account
    Scaling is one of the things making Renew weak for Holy atleast. Mastery doesn't affect Renew, wich feels odd. Haste only to a degree then you hit the wall there to (already hit glyphed cap 4721 haste a loooooong time ago, and next step is what? I don't remember, but it's not worth loosing out Mastery for). Being in Sanctuary 99% of the time in 25m doesn't make it any better either, since Serenity Chakra is what affects Renew positively. I honestly believe Renew now are better for Disc; it should scale with Mastery then atleast, also giving Aegis wich is almost always used, unlike Renew crits from Holy that are overhealing etc?

All spells should be giving EoL, no questions asked, or they will scale poorly compared to other spells. That's also one of the reasons HW:Sanctuary is so damn weak (besides the too long duration and poor healing ofc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Scaling is one of the things making Renew weak for Holy atleast. Mastery doesn't affect Renew, wich feels odd. Haste only to a degree then you hit the wall there to (already hit glyphed cap 4721 haste a loooooong time ago, and next step is what? I don't remember, but it's not worth loosing out Mastery for). Being in Sanctuary 99% of the time in 25m doesn't make it any better either, since Serenity Chakra is what affects Renew positively. I honestly believe Renew now are better for Disc; it should scale with Mastery then atleast, also giving Aegis wich is almost always used, unlike Renew crits from Holy that are overhealing etc?

All spells should be giving EoL, no questions asked, or they will scale poorly compared to other spells. That's also one of the reasons HW:Sanctuary is so damn weak (besides the too long duration and poor healing ofc).
    I agree that it should be activating mastery for holy, but saying it's better for disc is wrong. There's so many better alternatives that basically make it a waste of a global, the healing it does is negligible and the DA it procs is minor.