Whatever you can get the most stats on any gear you should go for it. I just can't wait til they fix in 5.4 hopefully to where you possibly don't need to use rain of fire for ember generation, and effective single target dps. Should just make it a targeted curse/aura and it does the aoe around the target.

For the people who reforge every other fight for the most optimal dps: What do you gem?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaltur View Post
    For the people who reforge every other fight for the most optimal dps: What do you gem?
    I gem Int + Mastery for yellows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Whatever you can get the most stats on any gear you should go for it. I just can't wait til they fix in 5.4 hopefully to where you possibly don't need to use rain of fire for ember generation, and effective single target dps. Should just make it a targeted curse/aura and it does the aoe around the target.
    see with that ..it isnt that great of a idea...for example you have boss over here on point A. and a pack of adds over here on point B you told to focus boss but are running low on embers...if rof was like say touch of chaos then ur ember gen would be much lower if say it is how it is now and u could just spam it over point B with the adds for a very nice ember gen and such ..yeah sure they could put in a glyph like they have for demo...but imo just leave rof alone..were already getting our dmg mitigation nerfed next patch no need to go overboard with it

Also, Brusalk. How do you feel about mastery>haste>crit for an overall stat set up. Ive been trying it out and doing fairly well on pure single target fights like Jin/Qon, and amazingly on fights like council, horridon, and tortos.

Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    see with that ..it isnt that great of a idea...for example you have boss over here on point A. and a pack of adds over here on point B you told to focus boss but are running low on embers...if rof was like say touch of chaos then ur ember gen would be much lower if say it is how it is now and u could just spam it over point B with the adds for a very nice ember gen and such ..yeah sure they could put in a glyph like they have for demo...but imo just leave rof alone..were already getting our dmg mitigation nerfed next patch no need to go overboard with it
    You can still cast rof on add's A and B its just more of an aura, and if they were to eliminate it from single target they would be forced to buff ember generation from your single target spells. Gotta know how Blizzard works they won't change it unless they do that. Kinda like they aren't happy with affliction in pvp b/c the dots are weak. It'll have to be buffed in pve in order for that to happen. Can't have one without the other. But since destro was back in old school Wow you never used ROF on anything tbh unless it was for aoe.

Ra den Progress tonight. We used 3 attempts yesterday and it seems our ball damage was rather low so Ive gone destruction with full mastery + Sacrifice. The problem is I dont really have great trinkets for destro, I have 543 Hydra and 536 Lei shen trinket which I have been using for afflic/demo. My only other choice over the Lei Shen trinket is the valor one, or the Relic of Yulon 2/2 upgraded. Really wish I had gotten a Dark Animus or Council trinket, even just normal mode one =/.

I will run the simms before the raid, but anyone have an idea off the top of their head which would be best for Ra Den (Focusing on Orb damage) As Destro Mastery with Sacrifice.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Since counting on a RPPM trinket proc for a ball isnt possible look for which passive stats buff your bolt damage most. I'm inclined to think the two you have just forging hydra to mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    Since counting on a RPPM trinket proc for a ball isnt possible look for which passive stats buff your bolt damage most. I'm inclined to think the two you have just forging hydra to mastery.
    Relic however has a pretty decent uptime so I can assume it will be up for at least a few of the balls.
    Gonna sim it now and see what it says for single target patchwerk. I suspect valor trinket will sim better

EDIT: Couldnt sim it cus armory isnt working. - Killed Ra Den not many pulls and if you have the same dilemma I have, i suggest going with Lei Shen trinket for high Static Intellect, and if it procs when you are casting a chaos bolt on an orb, its very very nice Overall this fight is easy and you can go with whatever trinkets you feel like.
    Last edited by Chrispotter; 2013-05-28 at 09:38 PM.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg

In consideration of the warlock two piece bonus, rppm trinkets and the rppm meta gem, @Brusalk have you changed your destruction opener, or does it remain generally the same?

Deleted
    Hey which spec would you suggest for megaera 10 hc, affliction or destruction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    Hey which spec would you suggest for megaera 10 hc, affliction or destruction?
    Whichever you are better at. I personally prefer destruction. Passive cleave on the adds + good direct damage on them when/if needed. Also high head damage. I tried Aff for it when the SS bug was in its stronger form and it was pretty luls, but I still prefer destro.

Deleted
    Do you use MF or KJC?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    Do you use MF or KJC?
    Destro, manaroths fury on meg hc.
    www.method.gg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Destro, manaroths fury on meg hc.
    and on durumu...and horridon....and just about any fight u wish to play it on(tho affliction shines on primordius heroic...and council heroic..iron qon heroic as well.....i always use manroths..just overall great to have

and on durumu...and horridon....and just about any fight u wish to play it on(tho affliction shines on primordius heroic...and council heroic..iron qon heroic as well.....i always use manroths..just overall great to have
    For H Primordius, Destruction + GoSac + Mannoroth's Fury = Chaos Bolt spam.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Infracted for spam
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-05-29 at 10:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just sim my toon and it's having me at

Ranking Int > Hit > Crit > Mastery ~= Haste

Does that seem correct for my warlock?
    Last edited by Shadowone; 2013-05-29 at 11:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    For H Primordius, Destruction + GoSac + Mannoroth's Fury = Chaos Bolt spam.
    see if your guild puts you in charge of add duty and add duty is all u are able to do then to help everyone else out affliction is better//muti dot everything and collect your puddles

see if your guild puts you in charge of add duty and add duty is all u are able to do then to help everyone else out affliction is better//muti dot everything and collect your puddles
    Unless you use a kite-boss-and-let-a-destro-lock-with-MF-kill-every-add-in-existence strat.

---------- Post added 2013-05-29 at 07:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowone View Post
    I just sim my toon and it's having me at

Ranking Int > Hit > Crit > Mastery ~= Haste

Does that seem correct for my warlock?
    Entirely possible. Keep in mind though that's a sim for (I'm assuming) only single target. Mastery will get better as you get more adds in fights, or if temporary damage buffs let you dump embers during them.