Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What types of cc work on the diffusion adds? Are they fearable? Rootable? Or just able to be stunned?
    Aerzara, Discipline Priest
    <Modest> 14/14H - US 2nd 10m Guild

they're rootable and stunnable, might be silencable. void tendrils are very good if people pay attention
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by blusenho View Post
    What types of cc work on the diffusion adds? Are they fearable? Rootable? Or just able to be stunned?
    void tenril is excellent just like quotey mentioned

in p3 we get our dk to grip the diffusion chain followed by pally stun and dies instantly

they are not fearable just stun and root
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

We're running:
    Protpal/BrM
    MW/Disc
    Lock, Lock, Ret, Mage, Ele, Rog (sometimes a DK subs in)

We're shutting down (powering up?) static shock first. We've tried 3/3/2/2 and 1/3/3/3, and seem to be slaves to RNG or otherwise unable to be fully consistent in the first transition. More often than not, we lose 1 due to some combination of helm/shock RNG. Been rolling with the 1/3/3/3 strat recently and have me (protpal) solo, with the rest grouped up (changes throughout the night). Is there some better setup we can try to prune out some bad RNG?

When we do move to phase 2, it's usually pretty clean. We start off at bolts, go CCW to overcharge, then end up at chains (and stay there til end). We have our ranged splitting up to try and bait fewer chain adds, then a soft collapes for balls. Holy wrath/leg sweep stun adds seems to work well. We then go to 2/2/6 for the next trans, which is Protpal/rog, BrM/Mage, rest of group. We've yet to get through this successfully. Any suggestions or moves we should make?

We really are hoping to get practice on p3, as that is apparently the worst phase...which is a little disheartening given our struggles in transitions. We have phase1 on cruise control (no big feat), then everything either goes well, or goes to pot in the first trans. Phase 2 itself is also very clean, followed by a make-or-break (usually break) transition phase again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    We're running:
    Protpal/BrM
    MW/Disc
    Lock, Lock, Ret, Mage, Ele, Rog (sometimes a DK subs in)

We're shutting down (powering up?) static shock first. We've tried 3/3/2/2 and 1/3/3/3, and seem to be slaves to RNG or otherwise unable to be fully consistent in the first transition. More often than not, we lose 1 due to some combination of helm/shock RNG. Been rolling with the 1/3/3/3 strat recently and have me (protpal) solo, with the rest grouped up (changes throughout the night). Is there some better setup we can try to prune out some bad RNG?

When we do move to phase 2, it's usually pretty clean. We start off at bolts, go CCW to overcharge, then end up at chains (and stay there til end). We have our ranged splitting up to try and bait fewer chain adds, then a soft collapes for balls. Holy wrath/leg sweep stun adds seems to work well. We then go to 2/2/6 for the next trans, which is Protpal/rog, BrM/Mage, rest of group. We've yet to get through this successfully. Any suggestions or moves we should make?

We really are hoping to get practice on p3, as that is apparently the worst phase...which is a little disheartening given our struggles in transitions. We have phase1 on cruise control (no big feat), then everything either goes well, or goes to pot in the first trans. Phase 2 itself is also very clean, followed by a make-or-break (usually break) transition phase again.
    Let me start off with that p3 is not the worst phase in current gear with increased ilvl's and what not, our 3rd clean transition to phase 3 was a kill without a warlock or dk, the hardest part is by far the transition phases at this point.

We used the same transition setup, 1/3/3/3 and 2/2/6, can you paste your platform assignments here ? Think that could make quiet a difference.

What i'd suggest for the first transition would be the Monk Tank alone, then Group up the Disc, Elemental shaman and prot pala in a platform next to that off the solo monktank. (the prot pala can then help soak a double bouncing on the monks platform if his platform doesn't have helm of command / static shock and the monk has a easy time dealing with helm while still soaking 1 bouncing.).

Then the Mistweaver Rogue and a lock , and a Lock Ret and Mage. This last one is gonna have the hardest time due to lack of healing, the monk healer should be prepared to fly over to help heal and the ret should not be afraid to blow sacs , loh's etc. (i'd also swap the ret with a deathknight if they are both geared enough and got a brain).

Second transition i'd make it Brm/Ret instead of mage so that you can force difussion chain on to the platform of 6 and melt the add fast, if the ret gets static shock just have him rush to the platform of 6 get gripped and group soak it, then as that is occuring have the mage swap to his platform due to a incoming overcharge (the ret can't make it back intime).
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2013-05-29 at 01:46 PM.

Ah, well perhaps there is hope; reading some other folks saying "it took us 100 wipes in p3 for a kill" made us all a bit disheartened.

Hmm, perhaps the monk and I can swap. I use Speed of Light (pally sprint) for the fight and it makes dealing with helms pretty trivial for me as well, but sometimes it's impossible to catch the bolt while helmed (or if there are 2). I can't recall 100% our assignments, but here goes:

1/3/3/3
    Protpal (N) /BrM, MW, Lock (W) /Lock, Rog, Mage (S)/ Ret, Ele, Disc (E)

2/2/6
    Prot, Rog (E) / BrM, Mage (W) / Rest in (S)

I think, anyway. But we did rotate around a few times to try and curb bad RNG or "I cant heal/soak/immune X" moments. Any suggestions for changes are surely welcomed.

DK can sub in for Ret, but our Ret has put in ~50+ more attempts than DK and is very competitive on DMG (plus another Devo, LOH/Sac, and offhealer for platforms). We'll be down a lock tonight and have the DK in instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    My guild doesnt have a DK but i really doubt this becuz i have always had the impression DKs have quite a hard time surviving them, hence why 25 mans want to have CRs up for P3 to be able to ress one of their DKs if they die, i might be wrong though
    Just to answer to this -
    In 25 man, the shock hits for 1.3M baseline. AMZ only absorbs about 150-200K damage, even with +535 item level. Even if you added AMS on top of this (and I don't know if they stack now, but back in start of Cata I know they didn't), you'd be less than halfway there. That is why DK's have a hard time surviving in 25 man. In the last phase, the shock's hitting for 3.6M .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Just to answer to this -
    In 25 man, the shock hits for 1.3M baseline. AMZ only absorbs about 150-200K damage, even with +535 item level. Even if you added AMS on top of this (and I don't know if they stack now, but back in start of Cata I know they didn't), you'd be less than halfway there. That is why DK's have a hard time surviving in 25 man. In the last phase, the shock's hitting for 3.6M .
    It works correctly if you time AMZ properly. (only to absorb the static shock)

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    It works correctly if you time AMZ properly. (only to absorb the static shock)
    I never said it doesn't. I said that you can't solo soak, even if it does - we have a platform filled with people who can't solo soak (resto sham, disc, DK's, warriors, shamans in general etc), and all 3 other platforms have solo soakers. So we get to use the AMZ to shave off a decent chunk of dmg on the group.

Is there a way to minimize the number of ball lightnings that spawn? How does that mechanic work exactly? Can we have a set number of ranged stand out, and the rest stand in, or does it not work that way? Also what is the diameter of the ball lightning splash damage?

3yard aoe splash, and you need 3 people out for it to only spawn in range (so you only get 3 balls) we ran with 4 melee (2 tanks 2 dps) so 6 ranged, so what we did in p3 was tank the boss in teh middle of 2 platforms, then split up the ranged in 3 sides each, and the side that got thunderstruck would clump on the boss, balls would spawn, and they would move back out. Worked quite well for p3.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I never said it doesn't. I said that you can't solo soak, even if it does - we have a platform filled with people who can't solo soak (resto sham, disc, DK's, warriors, shamans in general etc), and all 3 other platforms have solo soakers. So we get to use the AMZ to shave off a decent chunk of dmg on the group.
    I think you're misunderstanding what they mean, you're not using AMZ to shave off a decent chunk of the damage, you're using it to shave off 75% of it. The key is timing, the actual amount of damage being absorbed or how much damage the static shock is doing is irrelevant. AMZ absorbs 75% of magic up to X amount. BUT if ALL of that magic happens at the same time, the AMZ takes 75% of it off.

Its about timing though, if you drop AMZ too early and the Absorb cap is reached before the ability you were trying to soak, you'll just think it didn't work or that its useless.

We are starting out first night on this later tonight. It seems there are two main conduit strategies: bouncing bolts/diffusion or static shock/diffusion. What are the pros and cons of each of these? Our group has only 2 people who cannot solo a static shock. Would we be better suited to do static/diffusion?

We are starting out first night on this later tonight. It seems there are two main conduit strategies: bouncing bolts/diffusion or static shock/diffusion. What are the pros and cons of each of these? Our group has only 2 people who cannot solo a static shock. Would we be better suited to do static/diffusion?
    We first tried bouncing bold, then static, and found static alot easier, im assuming you are one of the people who cant soak it solo, what class is the other? We also had 2 people who coudn't solo soak, a dps warrior and a disc priest, the dps warrior would def stance shieldwall dbts and get painsupression to survive, the disc would use barrier together with 2 other people.

Myself, disc priest, and an elemental shaman.

Myself, disc priest, and an elemental shaman.
    If he blows his personals gets a PS and a Sac he should be fine.

Deleted
    Hi,

I've a question about Lei Shen and his thunderstruck, is it possible, with a log or something, to know on who he casted it ? And is it possible that he casted thunderstruck on a melee/tank during p3 or is one of my rangedps/healers lying ?

Deleted
    No, it's a ranged player only that's targetable by Thunderstruck. Chances are you had a ranged or healer on the boss.

Deleted
    Thank you, that's what I thought...

Nuckels, we tried what you said about phase3, is it possible that sometimes thunderstruck comes after the static shock explosion ? What should we do then ? Static shock was on me during p3 but I just blocked it (gg mage), didnt take a look at the timer to see if everything fits correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by thanje View Post
    Thank you, that's what I thought...

Nuckels, we tried what you said about phase3, is it possible that sometimes thunderstruck comes after the static shock explosion ? What should we do then ? Static shock was on me during p3 but I just blocked it (gg mage), didnt take a look at the timer to see if everything fits correctly.
    We haven't experienced it and the timers are pretty "static"(no pun intended) so to my knowledge its not possible.

Edit: Watched the video, it is possible for thunderstruck to go out, and then him to cast static straight after, and 10seconds AFTER static has actually exploded he will cast thunderstruck at one point during the fight, but in both scenarios you got tons of time to make it out / in. So unless you survived for so long that I never experienced the overlap, its not possible.
    Last edited by Nuckels; 2013-06-04 at 12:24 AM.