Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    So sacred shield would be a self defense only? Yea not happening.
    I didn't write that. I just wrote that it wouldn't be available to ret or holy. Maybe ret should get it too because it would give them a reason to be taken to an arena team as something other than a decoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I think censure's damage is fine, it's just a pain in the ass to spread it and keep it rolling on 3+ targets.
    That's the thing... it's not. on the few fights where we actually try to spread Censure (counsil, twins to some degree, horridon if you're desperate for damage) in other words cleave fights rets are fucking terrible. Why? well our "aoe" abilities doesn't get effective untill there's 4+ targets in a 8yard aoe and Censure takes way to long and way to much "effort" to keep spread. Compare Censure spreading to DK spreading diseases... they got one button to press every what? 10-15seconds and not give 2 shits about looking at which target needs to be refreshed? For us it's once every 3-5 seconds and it takes 15-25sec to build it up on ONE target... Ret cleave needs A LOT of work.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Holy:

+ Mastery scaling has been reduced by 0.25.
    + Eternal Flame now only usable on 3 targets.

Holy doesn't actually need any more nerfs. 5.3 Holy isn't particularly strong at all. But they seem hell bent on attacking certain Paladin playstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    That's the thing... it's not. on the few fights where we actually try to spread Censure (counsil, twins to some degree, horridon if you're desperate for damage) in other words cleave fights rets are fucking terrible. Why? well our "aoe" abilities doesn't get effective untill there's 4+ targets in a 8yard aoe and Censure takes way to long and way to much "effort" to keep spread. Compare Censure spreading to DK spreading diseases... they got one button to press every what? 10-15seconds and not give 2 shits about looking at which target needs to be refreshed? For us it's once every 3-5 seconds and it takes 15-25sec to build it up on ONE target... Ret cleave needs A LOT of work.
    Would allowing Divine Storm to apply a stack of Censure to each target help at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Would allowing Divine Storm to apply a stack of Censure to each target help at all?
    Yes but that would be OP on a lot of targets that live for a long time again, either buff the damage Censure does (which would also help our single target without increasing burst) or give us something to spread Censure up to like 3 targets. 4 targets and above I think would qualify as "aoe situation", ofc if we had shit that spread Censure we'd put up Censure on 3 targets then switch to aoe seal and shit. But still think they should double the scaling of Censure and cap the targets we can have it on at 3 (maybe 4) and give us something to spread/refresh it with.

To give you an example on how OP it would be with Divine Storm spreading Censure look at DKs damage on Tortos when they spread diseases to the bats... it's 100% retarded.
    Last edited by Huntingbear_grimbatol; 2013-05-31 at 05:40 PM.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I might be off on the right patch but 3.0.2 added an inch or two to rets. i want my inches back...not that i need them .
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    In it's old form it was clumsy and awkward (even moreso when it was in it's weird teen years and had a 2 minute duration instead, albeit IMO still enjoyable) and there is plenty of room for it to be worked and improved, however the consumed seals were a ton of fun. No nostalgia hazing here. Plenty of changes that were made for the better, however I think the removal of consumed seals took away something from the class, and was sad to see it removed as opposed to worked on. I miss SotC (especially when it had dat TBC animation). They could work it out better though.

Seals being off of GCD would be the first step to this (incurring too), that way you can apply the seal a lot more easily and freely. Switching between them when you can too. An improved seal system as well would be nice, and they can add much more depth and complexity to it. I always dream of them working seals and exorcism together.

I don'd mind having something extra to manage at all, but when it comes down to it Inquisition is boring, I much rather have consumable seals take the place of that "pay attention" kind of deal.
    i love the old seal system but i wouldnt say it was a blast or anything. not like i had a huge smile on my face whenever i saw my judgement consume a seal. i just like the way it works. and yeah ive played 1.12 and 2.4.3 recently and liked it better so yeah.

i think it would be cool would be inquisition changed for having your attacks to have a 30% chance to allow divine storm to be used as if you had 3 holy power. judgement consumes inquisition but increases the judgements damage by 100%. they could make it so once you judged, you still had the effect for 1 second so you wouldnt lose dps if you refreshed it right after an auto swing

so it could be like wrath days of divine storming and also the pre wrath days. i dont play anymore on retail but its always fun to think of new things

Deleted
    Truth be told, I would like them to just give Sacred Shield to prot paladins and put the earlier version as the talent instead. IIRC, Ghostcrawler talked about this on Twitter a while back, so we know the possibility is at least out there. I mean really, it's by far the best talent for tanking... Give choices please!

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by ccqpuodp View Post
    Truth be told, I would like them to just give Sacred Shield to prot paladins and put the earlier version as the talent instead. IIRC, Ghostcrawler talked about this on Twitter a while back, so we know the possibility is at least out there. I mean really, it's by far the best talent for tanking... Give choices please!
    But honestly, for rets it would suck. They already lack passive mitigation, and forcing them to choose between that and Selfless just sucks.

Eternal Flame Heal over time no longer triggers Illuminated Healing. Mark my words it will happen
    Last edited by Piitz; 2013-06-01 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Typo~

Dance Studio.

Some people will spend all day in it, some people will go 'wow... that's it?'

Quote Originally Posted by Piitz View Post
    Eternal Flame Heal over time no longer triggers Illuminated Healing. Mark my words it will happen
    If this happens they'll also buff Light of Dawn; we'll all drop mastery for int/haste and we'll pretend it's Dragon Soul all over again!

As Holinka said,

Retri will receive *something* that will make them more viable in Rated BGs.
    Most probably something defensive. And make us less squishy.

We have a good burst now, I like it, however, meh.. Our sustained dps is still low...
    Of course it's better, but!

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    If this happens they'll also buff Light of Dawn; we'll all drop mastery for int/haste and we'll pretend it's Dragon Soul all over again!
    Please noo Then they could bring back the Holy Radiance with the HoT :/ But atleast give us the 4.0 version of Tower of Radiance or the cata version of daybreak with double Holyshocks, instead of the bad splash heal.

Would be nice if 4p T15 became baseline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I didn't write that. I just wrote that it wouldn't be available to ret or holy. Maybe ret should get it too because it would give them a reason to be taken to an arena team as something other than a decoy.
    Yea you did. You said that the sacred shield talent would be replaced with the Cata version of Sacred shield. Are you unaware what the cata version of sacred shield was? It was similar to Angelic Bulwark for Priests. So the talent would be only a self defense talent in the same tier of other talents that can be used to heal other people. Not happening.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/utils/tal...f3.bqj.paladin.
    Last edited by Freia; 2013-06-01 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I think censure's damage is fine, it's just a pain in the ass to spread it and keep it rolling on 3+ targets.
    Perhaps to facilitate this there could be some sort of mechanic where HoR spreads Censure to X targets it hits?

10+ Year Old Account
    -One minute cooldown Devotion Aura as Ret RBG utility.
    -HoSac dispell moved to Salvation.

and some talent tunning I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    -One minute cooldown Devotion Aura as Ret RBG utility.
    -HoSac dispell moved to Salvation.

and some talent tunning I hope.
    Big raid cooldowns are generally for healers. It doesn't make sense for ret to have the better version.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shields of the Righteous - Reduces physical damage by 1% for 3 seconds (down from 25%).
    OhmagerdpaladernsareOP (Passive) - Have a 1% chance to die instantly every time you use an ability that generate Holy Power. Scales with haste and number of butthurt Warriors in the raid.
    #YOLO
    Okay, okay, on a more serious note.

New passive!

Vengeful Defender (Retribution) - Reduce all damage taken by 15% when you have a Shield equipped.
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2013-06-01 at 01:43 PM.