Deleted

gw2 dragon timers overlay

is now available.
    Just tested it (even though I wwas sat in hearts of the mists) & it works fine.

http://v2.gw2stuff.com/overlay

Stick it anywhere, ooer ;p

This looks cool but how does it work? Doesn't it break the A/Net rules about mods?

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion it's not modding the game in any way - it's not different from any website you have up in the background. Only that there is a small window in front of your GW2. But I won't try it anyway, I wouldn't want more windows that I have now and can always Alt-Tab.

It's just an overlay, like the one that is bundled with teamspeak or raidcall.

Not a mod.

Deleted
    You should be fine, as others have said it si only an overlay, doesn`t give you any advantage in game, other then don`t have to constantly alt tab any more
    It also runs off of the gw2 API so should be timer safe from trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just exercise caution with DLing some of these API apps, some people are reporting viruses.
    Valar morghulis

Just starting using this. It's great. I do like how it still overlays over your internet browser window so you can surf the net while waiting for the next event to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had to share this official response:

We have a 3rd party app policy located here: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...g-Macros/first.

This policy was written before we had APIs available, and needs to be updated to make it clear that we encourage app development and usage. We realize that in its current form it can be hard to figure out what is acceptable.

Our hope is that the new policy will make it very clear what is acceptable, so that you don’t have to worry about getting banned by using an app. The new policy is still being written, and we will update you when it’s ready.

It’s our intent to allow API-derived apps like GW2Stuff’s overlay to be used by players. From our perspective, having an overlay is just a different way of presenting content. We are not currently banning players simply for using overlays, and have no plans to do so.
    Source

Deleted
    lol I recall a post eons ago about macros & this covers it.

A macro is allowed, as long as each macro constitutes one key press.
    So, erm, wtk is a macro for? hehehe

Good to see they`re updating it though

10+ Year Old Account
    Any reason why mine doesnt overlay gw2?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Any reason why mine doesnt overlay gw2?
    Are you running the game in windowed or windowed fullscreen?
    Also make sure you alt tab so that it is in front of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats it!, now to get the chance to remove certain timers...looking at you temples!

Deleted
    nice. TY.

I've been using the web site which is great.

Would be nice if the map could show EVERY active event! but thats probably far too much effort given there are 1600 or so of them

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    lol I recall a post eons ago about macros & this covers it.

A macro is allowed, as long as each macro constitutes one key press.
    So, erm, wtk is a macro for? hehehe

Good to see they`re updating it though
    You can make macros so you can use certain key-binds that the game doesn't support. For instance you can macro "d+f" to do something since it's one action coming from on in-put.
    Another form of macroing would be for instance emotes. instead of doing /dance you now hit "d" or w/e.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You can make macros so you can use certain key-binds that the game doesn't support. For instance you can macro "d+f" to do something since it's one action coming from on in-put.
    Another form of macroing would be for instance emotes. instead of doing /dance you now hit "d" or w/e.
    Don`t suppose you or anyone has figured out one to do something like "accept salvage" as enter does sod all & dozens of salvages is bloody irritating.
    Similarly, got 400+ karma pots in bank, no way I`m clicking 800 times...

if you know the x,y coordinates of the "ok" button you can make a macro where the return key clicks the window. Or if you have a "record" function you can record the clicking and bind it to return, razor normally has software that supports this usage.

For the karma there isn't a solution since you need to double click=1 action, you can make a macro that keeps double clicking but that's technically against the TOS. Autoclicking programs have existed for all eternity though.