Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Im having current issues with my DPS. im an unsure where i am going wrong with the rotation. my ilvl is 515 haste cap'd and hit cap'd
    if there is anything anyone knows what i can do let me know please

Saturnstar on Shatteredhand

Quote Originally Posted by Saturnstar View Post
    Im having current issues with my DPS. im an unsure where i am going wrong with the rotation. my ilvl is 515 haste cap'd and hit cap'd

Can't see your gear on armory at the moment, since you are logged out in pvp gear. On Megaera you had a 60% uptime for both moonfire and sunfire while this should be above 90% that alone is a big dps loss. You aren't only missing dot damage but also Shooting Stars procs because of it. Your nature's grace uptime also seems a bit low for something that's basically a single target fight which means it takes you to long to get from one eclipse to the next. Fix those things at first and if you want a more in depth answer you could try posting in Sunfyre's fix my dps thread.

Deleted
    *Moved post to the other thread*
    Last edited by mmoc0d62534d8c; 2013-05-24 at 03:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturnstar View Post

I answered your question over here Saturnstar: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21234027

How much of a DPS increase is the T15 bonuses? I've been delaying getting tier since I have 2 heroic pieces for those slots.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    How much of a DPS increase is the T15 bonuses? I've been delaying getting tier since I have 2 heroic pieces for those slots.
    I would advise to check WrathCalcs. Many gear choises are greatly based on what you are wearing already. For me dropping T14 was an upgrade even for offset items but I had only half heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I would advise to check WrathCalcs. Many gear choises are greatly based on what you are wearing already. For me dropping T14 was an upgrade even for offset items but I had only half heroic.
    For me I don't have T14, so I'm just curious what % DPS increase are the T15 bonuses.

15+ Year Old Account
    For me I don't have T14, so I'm just curious what % DPS increase are the T15 bonuses.
    With my gear WrathCalcs values T15 set bonuses this way:
    2xT15 ~3.8k
    4xT15 ~6.7k

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS increase of T15 2-piece bonus increases with crit, and the DPS increase of T15 4-piece bonus increases with haste. Looks like 2-piece is worth around 1.2% to 1.4% DPS for single-target fights depending on your crit, and 4-piece is worth 2.8% to 3.0% depending on haste. This is reasonable considering as you get more haste, your NG uptime will increase and consequently the 4-piece bonus will be active for longer.

For 2-piece, I'm not so sure. Could just be a flat amount and I'm seeing things, but I'd think lower amounts of crit would show a greater benefit from the static 10% crit chance on Starsurge - if you had 1% crit (1/100 Starsurges would crit) and then equipped the 2-piece for 11% crit (11/100) you've increased the amount of Starsurge crits by 1100%. Conversely, if you have 30% crit (30/100 Starsurge crits) and when equip the 2-piece for 40% crit (40/100), you've only increased it by 33%.

I'm sure I'm overcomplicating it - regardless, just take the 2-piece as a 1.3% average DPS increase and the 4-piece as 2.9%.

Edit: Actually, I'm pretty sure it's got to do with crit increasing the frequency of Starsurges, thus increasing the opportunities for the additional 10% Starsurge to do additional damage. You can disregard the previous paragraph.
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-05-28 at 08:35 AM.

Deleted
    Hello,

I tried to sim my moonkin with smcraft today (newest download 530-2) but when I press "simulate" the simulate bar doesnt fill up and nothing happens. Anyone else having problems? Or a solution?

regards

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaendwich View Post
    Hello,

I tried to sim my moonkin with smcraft today (newest download 530-2) but when I press "simulate" the simulate bar doesnt fill up and nothing happens. Anyone else having problems? Or a solution?

regards
    Simcraft is broken for moonkins with FoN.

Ya damned simcraft cant sim aswell. But when i sim with INC+Hotw im getting rly high value for mastery - Crit 2.59/Haste 2.33/Mastery 2.80

Hi,

How can i see my starsurge wastes on WoL?

On the new Wrathcalcs, Dream of Cenarius is giving me more dps O.o weird.

For last, what can i do to improve my dps on Primordius H, mine seems tooo low for my gear.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1870&e=2318

Srry for english.

Edit: Im Lenwe- US AZRALON
    Last edited by Slippykins; 2013-05-28 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick discussion, I feel like my dps falls below some classes (consequently in the middle of the pack depending on which fight) during the last 20% of some fights. Thoughts on an execute spell for boomies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lenwedruid View Post
    Hi,

How can i see my starsurge wastes on WoL?

On the new Wrathcalcs, Dream of Cenarius is giving me more dps O.o weird.

For last, what can i do to improve my dps on Primordius H, mine seems tooo low for my gear.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1870&e=2318

Srry for english.

Edit: Im Lenwe- US AZRALON
    WrathCalcs has always valued DoC as higher than the other talents, but practically it's just not on par.

To find SS proc waste:

1. Select the fight you'd like to look at.
    2. Go into the Expression Editor.
    3. Copy and paste this in:

Code:
    fullType = SPELL_AURA_REFRESH
    AND spell = "Shooting Stars"
    AND sourceName = "name_goes_here"
    This will find your total SS overwrites.

4. Go into the Players -> Druid -> boomkin_name -> Buffs Gained tab
    5. Find the total amount of SS procs you got for the fight.
    6. SS proc waste will be (SS proc overwrites)/(total SS procs)*100, as a percentage.

Deleted
    OK.

As someone with the legendary meta and the Talisman trinket, with Force of Nature talented, should I aim for more haste than 5280? Like if I go 1k haste more will I reach another breakpoint with both or just one of those procs up, whats the best way to calculate it?

Also, will hitting the 10kish breakpoint be worth losing 5% or so crit, will FoN benefit more from the increase to haste?

I'm trying to get into playing my Boomkin a lot more and treating it as a 2nd main but I haven't been able to find what I should be taking for my level 60 and 90 talents. I thought it was always Heart of the Wild and Incarnation but other people seem to be talking about Force of Nature a lot more since 5.3 so I'm not completely sure on what talents I should be taking. Does it depend on the fight? I don't have the legendary meta and wont for about the next 8-10 weeks.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-06-03 at 04:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Soul of the forest for moonkins? It seems like the most fun talent to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I'm trying to get into playing my Boomkin a lot more and treating it as a 2nd main but I haven't been able to find what I should be taking for my level 60 and 90 talents. I thought it was always Heart of the Wild and Incarnation but other people seem to be talking about Force of Nature a lot more since 5.3 so I'm not completely sure on what talents I should be taking. Does it depend on the fight? I don't have the legendary meta and wont for about the next 8-10 weeks.
    INC is better for multidot fights. FoN is better for single target fights. However, on Jin'rohk with the +dmg pools INC+NV should work better. And FoN work really good on Council. As for legendary meta it does ad up a lot of dps for moonkins tho don't worry about it in regards of using FoN. FoN acts strage with big amounts of haste (I hope Blizzard will figure it out soon and fix it)

---------- Post added 2013-06-03 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How is Soul of the forest for moonkins? It seems like the most fun talent to me.
    Still worse in dps increase than INC or FoN. Especially the more haste you have. I myself go from eclipse to eclipse in 1 DoT cycle and occassionally with so much time left I can not refresh them till even next eclipse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    INC is better for multidot fights. FoN is better for single target fights. However, on Jin'rohk with the +dmg pools INC+NV should work better. And FoN work really good on Council. As for legendary meta it does ad up a lot of dps for moonkins tho don't worry about it in regards of using FoN. FoN acts strage with big amounts of haste (I hope Blizzard will figure it out soon and fix it)
    The pools in Jin'rohk give "only" a 40% damage increase and it was simulated that FoN would be around 2.5 times better to Incarnation in pure single target fights. The 40% isn't enough to make Incarnation better.

For Council, why on earth would you take FoN? For 4 targets, Incarnation is better in simulations and FoN doesn't even work at it's optimal capacity when switching targets. Especially if you have the fight last just over 3.5/6.5/etc. minutes, Incarnation shines even more.

About the haste bugging, they only happen when the treants' cast gets below 0.5 seconds. This is very rarely the case and should be considered only under the effects of Bloodlust/TW/Heroism, the meta gem and Nature's Grace.