Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

can I really only play 5 classes?

There are only 5 character slots on any server. And they've always said you can't switch servers unless you pay for it. does this mean that if I want to level 1 of each class, I'm unable to do so? or are there ways around the 5 char limit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you can buy additional character slots with gems... not sure what the max is. I'd stick with one character to get some gold and then exchange gold for gems. That way you aren't out any real life cash.

guy above seems to be responding for wow and not guild wars 2...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dudedduu View Post
    You can have a max of 50 chars on all servers combined, you sure thats not the problem? You should be able to have 11 chars on one server otherwise.
    He's talking about Guild Wars 2, not WoW. Check the sub-forum above the title

Deleted
    You can have a max of 50 chars on all servers combined, you sure thats not the problem? You should be able to have 11 chars on one server otherwise.
    Sounds like WoW to me. I was under the impression guild wars had an unlock system.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Vito Corleone View Post
    There are only 5 character slots on any server. And they've always said you can't switch servers unless you pay for it. does this mean that if I want to level 1 of each class, I'm unable to do so? or are there ways around the 5 char limit?
    Buy to play game (Free to play essentially) you have to buy the other 3 character slots for all 8 classes/professions.

Yes there is a limit of 5 per account TO START OFF.

You can buy additional slots in-game. You have to buy Gems (either with dollars or in-game gold).
    Right now each slot is about 10 dollars or 25.2 in-game gold.

Also you can buy in-game gold with dollars. Right now 1 gold costs 0.55 dollars. Which means to buy 25.2 in-game gold you need about 14 dollars.

So all in all it's best to just buy character slots for 10 dollars. (I have 9 character slots)
    Since I'm guessing you are new to the game, 25g per slot is quite big money. So if you don't want to pay dollars to buy the slots I would advise you to try all 8 classes within the 5 slots and keep the 5 that you most liked (Just delete the ones you didn't like as much). Then when you are high level you can grind for gold and buy more slots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Yes there is a limit of 5 per account TO START OFF.

You can buy additional slots in-game. You have to buy Gems (either with dollars or in-game gold).
    Right now each slot is about 10 dollars or 25.2 in-game gold.

Also you can buy in-game gold with dollars. Right now 1 gold costs 0.55 dollars. Which means to buy 25.2 in-game gold you need about 14 dollars.

So all in all it's best to just buy character slots for 10 dollars. (I have 9 character slots)
    Since I'm guessing you are new to the game, 25g per slot is quite big money. So if you don't want to pay dollars to buy the slots I would advise you to try all 8 classes within the 5 slots and keep the 5 that you most liked (Just delete the ones you didn't like as much). Then when you are high level you can grind for gold and buy more slots.
    I see. I can buy 2K gems in a B&M store for I think 25 EUR. how does that transaction work out?

I see. I can buy 2K gems in a B&M store for I think 25 EUR. how does that transaction work out?
    Hmm I'm not sure cause I do not know how much EUR goes for, nor how much it costs directly in-game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since most has already answered the character slot question I will answer a little on switch server part. You can guest to two different server for each day. Meaning you can play as if it was your server on normal gameplay, except for the big WvW which is your real server only. The cost to switch server also is dependant on how much population is on the server you want to go to. So a high population costs more than a low to move to. With that said I have heard if you remove all your characters (no idea why you would want to) it will be free to change your real server.

There's no change 10eur = 800gems which many people have called a rip-off for ages now...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    There's no change 10eur = 800gems which many people have called a rip-off for ages now...
    which is what some hours farming to convert gold to gems, hardly a rip off tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    which is what some hours farming to convert gold to gems, hardly a rip off tbh.
    sigh,
    10€=800gems=10$

yet 10€!=10$
    that's a rip-off...

I know we've had this conversation before, Mele, but...
    EU/UK pricing includes VAT, US does not. Currency exchange rates fluctuate, and they're not going to reevaluate the pricing of gems in the different regions. And for completion's sake, http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...u_zone/c5fay5u.

Sure, it's not "fair" to the customer, but the company gets the same amount from both regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Even with VAT included the price difference isn't that big. A-net's European branch is located in the UK which taxes video games at 20% (if I recall correctly, not 100% certain)

That means that in A-net's world 10$=8.33€
    While in reality 10$=7.64€

Except, again, exchange rates change. At the time the pricing was chosen, €0.83 base = $1.02. Not perfect, but not worth endless complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I know, it's just funny that the easiest way to make money is by paying "from the us" and in dollars while you're actually from eu You "earn" 30cents to the euro that way, which is quite significant in the long run...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    sigh,
    10€=800gems=10$

yet 10€!=10$
    that's a rip-off...
    Oh in that case i agree with you, its a rip off.

It's a ripoff anyway. Stupid cash shop nonsense and in return we get absolute crap for "content" patches that lasts about 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    It's a ripoff anyway. Stupid cash shop nonsense and in return we get absolute crap for "content" patches that lasts about 6 hours.

Don't fucking use cash shop or play the game then, that's how easy it is really, also there is loads of content for lore interested people, just because there is not 100000000 legendaries for you doesn't mean there is no content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Don't fucking use cash shop or play the game then, that's how easy it is really, also there is loads of content for lore interested people, just because there is not 100000000 legendaries for you doesn't mean there is no content.
    I agree the content up dates are crap, I dont see why that would mean quitting playing the game though?

As for europeans getting shafted by American companies, its always been the case, wow expansions were being sold for $25 in the us and 60 euros in EU, it was well over double the price in the regions, on DIGITAL media, crazy. At least we're not Australians, poor bastards ripped off all the time

Edit: by $25 and 60E i meant the overal cost of all expansions combined during the recent christmas sales.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2013-06-05 at 07:19 AM.