Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rudekoffenris View Post
    Looks to me like it's another way to feed adds to customers
    Another way? You mean Blizzard already uses hundreds of ways to bombards us with ads?.....wait...no they don't do that at all.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rudekoffenris View Post
    Looks to me like it's another way to feed adds to customers
    Blizzard doesn't rely on ads because they're getting paid via subscriptions?
    Only companies that don't have a continual source of income rely on ads?
    Even before WoW, Blizzard still didn't rely on ads in their web presence?

Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    I may be completely wrong, buy I believe that when you log into Diablo I, Battle.net shows banner ads for other things in addition to Blizzard stuff. My memory us foggy and I haven't played it in a couple years, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anshinritsumai View Post
    ??
    What the hell? Did you just come up with a new financial theory; businesses with subscription income have no need for an advertising budget. Guess I better tell my ISP to stop bombarding my TV with ads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magistrate View Post
    I may be completely wrong, buy I believe that when you log into Diablo I, Battle.net shows banner ads for other things in addition to Blizzard stuff. My memory us foggy and I haven't played it in a couple years, though.
    Ads were put into the Diablo Battle.net (BNet1) in order to keep it running after the game itself had long passed into legacy status.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhamaren View Post
    hahaha, looks like a steam copy to me.
    about time blizz, valve kwnos its shit.
    Valve's steam is very unstable in my eyes.

Looks good to me

15+ Year Old Account
    Based on everything we see here, this isn't really intended as a Steam copy but more just a small app that lets you communicate across Blizzard games without being logged into them. I know I've always wanted to chat with my guild without being online.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Based on everything we see here, this isn't really intended as a Steam copy but more just a small app that lets you communicate across Blizzard games without being logged into them. I know I've always wanted to chat with my guild without being online.
    Wasnt that niche of remote chat app ?

Deleted
    What is the point in this? Why create a launch client for 3 games. Did Origin not show enough that it's shit?

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    You can already do this ingame and on mobile.

looks cool! cant wait

I wonder what the license/region locking is about...
    I have an EU account but i'm playing on RU servers mostly now.
    I know that people with RU accounts can't play on EU servers, i really hope they won't block it the other way around... :P

im wondering whatll happen to people whos accounts get compromised... but then i guess if they know your acct info it could happen anyway so meh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
    No you have to think twice before you write what you think. It's Single Sign-On (SSO). Once logged into the launcher you just click 'Play WoW' or 'Play SC2' and you are in the game without logging into the specific game itself no more.
    I'll believe that when I perform that action and see it for myself, heard that lie many times before on things such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    What is the point in this? Why create a launch client for 3 games. Did Origin not show enough that it's shit?

You can already do this ingame and on mobile.
    He just said he doesn't want to be in-game and a phone isn't the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I like about this is I can see if friends are online without having to log into a game. I suppose it may be a lot like Origin as well. Do I like it completely though? Im iffy about that, I will have to wait and see. I would wonder if this is the big feature that blizz was talking about but they where talking about wow, not all of their games.

Deleted
    wondering whether or not you'll have to sign into the launcher and then sign into WoW as well o.O

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    wondering whether or not you'll have to sign into the launcher and then sign into WoW as well o.O
    Nope, when you launch WoW through the client it skips the login screen and logs you in automatically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have wanted and expected this for quite some time now and I'm glad that it seems almost near completion for launch by the looks of it. Probably we don't have to wait too long before an actual release date is announced. Great work, Blizzard! I am more than pleased. =)

---------- Post added 2013-06-05 at 10:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    That's not even getting close to why Origin is a terrible, terrible launch client.

Quote Originally Posted by streets772 View Post
    It looks like Steam just 20% different
    oh my glob guys this thing is totally similar to that other thing!
    alternatively: 20% cooler? (note: may be inaccurate)

see also: way cleaner/sleeker than steam, also only plays blizzard games. it's only similar in functionality.