Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Patch 5.4 Unannounced Feature, Character Services 50% Off, June 4 Hotfixes, DLC Comic

Battle.net Desktop Client, The Effectiveness of CMs, A Sync Fixes Bugged Authenticators

Valeera Sanguinar Emotes, Alpha Patch Known Issues, Second Player's First Turn Changes

Patch 5.4 Unannounced Feature
    Ghostcrawler took the time to point out why he doesn't normally talk about at or even hint at features early.

This is why we can't have nice things

This Week Only - All Character Services 50% Off
    Both the EU and US have reduced prices.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    If you’ve been thinking about switching realms or making other changes to your character, now’s the perfect time—because this week all character services are 50% off. To get started, simply log in to Battle.net account management. For more information on how each service works, check out the links below.

Character Transfer - Move your character to a different realm

Faction Change - Change a character’s faction (from Horde to Alliance, or from Alliance to Horde)

Race Change - Change a character’s race (within the same faction)

Appearance Change - Change your character’s appearance (optional Name Change included)

Name Change - Change your character’s name

Sale ends June 10th 2013!

Patch 5.3 Hotfixes - June 4
    General
    • Alliance players are now able to initiate duels in the exterior areas around the Shrine of Seven Stars.

Classes

Quests
    • Commandeer That Balloon!: Players should now be able to interact with the rope ladder.
    • Lighting the Way: Minimum level to start the quest has been reduced to level 88, down from 89.
    • Path of the Last Emperor: Fixed an issue where rope anchors were incorrectly despawning for players that moved too far away from Seer Hao Pham Roo.
    • Perfectly Pure: Pure Water should now be lootable by multiple players in the same party again.
    • The Fragrance of Money: Bear Musk should have a chance to drop again.
    • That's a Big Bug: Minimum level to start the quest has been reduced to level 88, down from 89.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Throne of Thunder
      • Dark Animus
        • Massive Anima Golems will no longer target the same player with multiple Matter Swap debuffs.
        • Monk's Revival ability will no longer dispel the Matter Swap debuff.
    • Gate of the Setting Sun
      • The dungeon should now properly require characters to be at least level 88 before allowing them to enter on Normal difficulty.

Items

Darkmoon Faire Cross-Realm Zone
    Honestly I kinda like the CRZ'd DMF. I think bustling and crowded is the expected state of any worthwhile carnival.
    Yeah, and that's the intent behind CRZ as a whole. The Darkmoon Faire being CRZ'd is intentional, the problem is it's just allowing too many people into the same cross-realm instance right now and causing some overcrowding issues. Much of the intent of cross-realm zones is providing the experience of a lively massively-multiplayer environment, even for lower level zones where players don't tend to congregate as much any more. We certainly want the Darkmoon Faire to always feel like you're visiting a mystical carnival full of excited patrons.

We've developed a fix and that will be implemented with Tuesday morning's rolling restarts. Let us know what you think afterward, and we'll be closely monitoring the changes as well.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Patch 5.4 Legendary Item
    The furthest anyone has gotten is to receive the 600 ilvl cloak that was implemented this patch (I believe?). The actually weapon, I'm assuming, won't come out until 5.4.
    You're certain it's a weapon? ;) (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Conquest Catch Up System
    After looking into the reported issues with catch-up caps not being appropriate I wanted to clarify on a few points.

(Week of season x 1000) - Total Conquest Points earned this season = Conquest cap

This calculation is not actually 100% correct and does leave some room for interpretation. To clarify on the formula and to ensure that you are all aware of how your Conquest cap should be calculated:

(Week of season - 1) * 1000 – Conquest points earned this season + Cap received from your current rating = Weekly cap

As you can see, your cap from rating should be added on top of the catch-up cap and the first week of the season is not included in the calculation, I have corrected my previous posts to reflect this. The reason that the calculation is actually uses "Week of season - 1" is because if we included the first week then we’d basically be giving players an extra 1000 points in the first week. The goal of this system is to give players who haven’t been maxing their conquest a way to catch up, not to give everyone an additional boost in the first week.

In addition to this, some of you have stated that you noticed some of your catch up cap disappearing mysteriously, try doing the calculation again with the new formula provided above. If you are still missing some of your catch up cap, can you provide some additional information to help us with looking into this matter such as; your current Conquest point cap and the amount of points that you have earned so far this season. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blizzard Entertainment Is Going to San Diego Comic-Con 2013
    Blizzard Entertainment is excited to announce that our licensed products will be strutting their stuff on the show floor at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con!

Along with showcasing some of the new licensed products coming out this year, the booth will also be where the writers and artists behind some of our comics and books will be signing. We will also be selling exclusive SDCC products for the first time.

Yeah, we've been keeping busy.

Keep an eye out for more details coming soon, including schedules and the products we’ll have available.

We hope to see you there!

Dark Legacy Comics #392
    DLC #392 takes a look at what happens when you try to be helpful and tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    But but... the feature... :'( I must know what it is!

I guess they decided it wouldn't live up to its hype and won't disclose what it is.
    Last edited by Ispamx; 2013-06-05 at 07:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 massive disappointment

Deleted
    lol today's dark legacy is so true it hurts.

Deleted
    What... no legendary weapon??
    But.. but... I thought it would be awesome to get a cool model or something.
    I wonder what it is going to be then... a cloak? Chest armor? Shoulders?

Also, brilliant Dark legacy comic.

So in other words, the unnanounced feature is nothing special.

inb4 weapon enchant transmog

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    People hyping like it's going to be as awesome as xmog.. I feel bad for people setting expectations so high they can't even breathe

Deleted
    Nice misleading title there to draw the readers in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yay 50% character services, I can move at least 2 toons out of servers I don't like for now!
    Wishful thinking, but I hope the 50% off stays permanently :P

Deleted
    Haha, Blizzard is realizing their unanounced feauture really isnt that special at all and is getting ready for massive dissapointment!

I bet its shoulders or a helmet. I like weapons moar! QQ QQ !!

Deleted
    Obviously, the unannounced "special" feature was the desktop client.

Deleted
    That 50% off should be permanent, it's fricking cheaper to buy a new game than to move characters and faction change...

Great now they'll never give us any clues to anything. This is why we cant have nice things!

Quote Originally Posted by Tott3 View Post
    That 50% off should be permanent, it's fricking cheaper to buy a new game than to move characters and faction change...
    They want it to be sort of expensive, otherwise people would be server hopping like mad. Exactly what people are doing now in a dulled sort of way.

They are realizing the community is full of dicks who won't appreciate anything they do is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Hahaha, indeed!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Probably the unannaounced feature is somenthign really marginal and a basic QoL improvement that the hype isn't justified at all.

So instead of letting people build insane hype and then go all around raging/whining, they have just cut its legg off right now by saying "hey, don't hype. It's something cool but not that much."

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    I find it more true than the daily blinks. Than again daily blink is more on the sarcastic side and is not supposed to be true.