15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Fuck, better get Anandtech on it!
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Shiiiiit Did I say GK114? No I didn't! Swear...

Yes, I meant GK110.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some people may enjoy this video. It's a COMPLETELY plausible cooling setup. Totally.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man that video goes back. Tis a good one! Lots of TTL fans around here.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Adding comment to say no comment.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Adding comment to say no comment.
    Isn't that against the rules?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It is. I will take the appropriate measures.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Only if I already have a blog and only if this hadn't been chat forum! An informed non-comment is chatting wheras a non-informed non-comment is a double negative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I think some people may enjoy this video. It's a COMPLETELY plausible cooling setup. Totally.

Can see the video in it's entirety tonight first. But is he joking or what? No matter how many fans, you shouldn't see negative temps :P

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Can see the video in it's entirety tonight first. But is he joking or what? No matter how many fans, you shouldn't see negative temps :P
    Assuming I decipher you properly, he's indeed trolling. He even laughs at his own wit in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    He says in the video that this is a joke, and that he has a hacked version of HWMonitor that is set to display sub-zero temperatures.

320-series nVidia drivers installed.

Here's to hope I can finally go 24 hours without a BSOD.

For the inner Daft Punk fan in you.

Fun and time consuming.

In other news.. 38 bad sectors and counting on this hard drive, I hope this will be stable enough to get my data off after these are fixed.

Edit 2: 123 bad sectors.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-06-05 at 05:35 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Alright so maybe someone can help me out here, I have a customer who brought in dell inspiron 570 tower and it would load in to windows but then sit at a white screen. So I booted in to safe mode and once windows loaded it logs me out, so I knew it was some form of the FBI virus and I went to do a system restore but the feature is turned off, so that's out of the question. Now I went to boot into Hirens to try and remove the virus myself but Hirens fails to load so I burned a new disk just to double check and it still wont load properly. Now the disk drive works as I tested that, so now I tried restoring the BIOS but I can't load in to that either so I reset CMOS and got a check sum error and it asks for a password so I reset the password as well. Now I've *heard* of machine level viruses as I played with one myself but I'm either thinking that the mobo is bad and the virus is a coinicendence or that this is one hell of a virus. Anyone ever run in to this before?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Alright so maybe someone can help me out here, I have a customer who brought in dell inspiron 570 tower and it would load in to windows but then sit at a white screen. So I booted in to safe mode and once windows loaded it logs me out, so I knew it was some form of the FBI virus and I went to do a system restore but the feature is turned off, so that's out of the question. Now I went to boot into Hirens to try and remove the virus myself but Hirens fails to load so I burned a new disk just to double check and it still wont load properly. Now the disk drive works as I tested that, so now I tried restoring the BIOS but I can't load in to that either so I reset CMOS and got a check sum error and it asks for a password so I reset the password as well. Now I've *heard* of machine level viruses as I played with one myself but I'm either thinking that the mobo is bad and the virus is a coinicendence or that this is one hell of a virus. Anyone ever run in to this before?
    That machine may have gotten the motherboard level where basically someone holds it ransom until the person pays some money.

It's a damn shame that type of shit exists.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    i ran into one once with white screen and not being able to go to safe mode, i was however able to get to windows simply by ctrl+alt+del and then i cant remember if there was some restore option through that way or how i got to it

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index...owtopic=125582

Try that.

Or that:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-white-screen-virus/

Stab in the dark, but maybe it fucked around with the mbr and you can't boot an OS because of that?
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-06-05 at 10:53 PM.

Alright well I'll update what I did, basically the computer still boots and is running fine now but I still can't access the BIOS but I'm at home now and will continue on that tomorrow. But to get around the Virus I took the HDD out and accessed through my laptop and put ComboFix on the desktop and then put the drive back in the computer. Once I booted up I went in to safe mode with CMD and accessed ComboFix through that and it got rid of the white screen (which is the FBI virus when it can't detect your location). So now it's all cleaned out and runs fine but the BIOS is still finicky. I'm thinking that either the customer messed with it before hand or it just happened to mess up the same time as this virus. Man I really hate when system restores is disabled -_-. Also I've tested the RAM and even put new RAM in just to make sure along with a new CMOS battery so it's coming down to a mobo issue but there's still something I'm going to try tomorrow that a friend told me about on here.

Edit: Butler I use Hitman sometimes but I also couldn't boot in to USB as well as I was trying to get Hirens to run but it wouldn't.
    Last edited by Iamanerd; 2013-06-06 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    320-series nVidia drivers installed.

Here's to hope I can finally go 24 hours without a BSOD.
    23hours 56minutes later, none!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, did you make it to 24h!?