Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ballong View Post
    People are way to obsessed with our combustion damage and lining it up with every single procc in the game, combustion isn't doing as much of our damage as it was ealier in this expansion due to the nerf, I never wait for any procs at all before combusting due to the rng nature of RPPM.
    This needs to be emphasized more than anything. No one should assume a proc will be up for combustion, its a nice bonus but not required/expected for good dps. I get tired of of the constant complaining

10+ Year Old Account
    Just get your non-Alter Timed Combustion off without much fuss, but you should attempt to have at least one proc up for the Alter Times ones as they are, in fact, a large portion of your immediate damage.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Just get your non-Alter Timed Combustion off without much fuss, but you should attempt to have at least one proc up for the Alter Times ones as they are, in fact, a large portion of your immediate damage.
    And by attempt you mean exactly what? We can't control anything about our procs anymore except for the pull where we usually have a few procs anyways. The only time you would wanna hold off to see if you can get a proc or two is if that's gonna be your last combustion & even then it's not allways the smartest decision.

I recently got an LFR Cha-Ye, which leaves me with

Wush 502
    Cha-Ye 502
    Talisman 522

Not sure if the proc on either outweighs the higher ilevel of the Shado Pan Talisman for Frost

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    I recently got an LFR Cha-Ye, which leaves me with

Wush 502
    Cha-Ye 502
    Talisman 522

Not sure if the proc on either outweighs the higher ilevel of the Shado Pan Talisman for Frost
    Same here, i've been testing CHa'Ye for a few days and it's dope. Always procs at the strat so my opener is a lot stronger, SPA trinket was a pain in the ass.

And 9k haste is a poor proc, as frost we already have lots of haste and having the SPA procs made you waste haste because most of the time you'll be GCD capped.

Wush and Cha'Ye are always around 30% uptime, sometimes more, so. I'd say Wush + Cha'Ye

10+ Year Old Account
    And by attempt you mean exactly what? We can't control anything about our procs anymore except for the pull where we usually have a few procs anyways. The only time you would wanna hold off to see if you can get a proc or two is if that's gonna be your last combustion & even then it's not allways the smartest decision.
    Waiting for a couple of procs for my Alter Timed Combustion has served me well so far and seems to be a significant DPS increase over just getting it out of the way. :-)
    Armory
    Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
    Waiting for a couple of procs for my Alter Timed Combustion has served me well so far and seems to be a significant DPS increase over just getting it out of the way. :-)
    Might be the case sometimes but due to RPPM you might aswell just sit there for 20 seconds not getting anything wasting your time, if you wanna take the risk go ahead but it's never worth delaying your combustion more then a few seconds unless it's the last one you're gonna pop & the boss isn't gonna die in the next 30 seconds or so. This was even true for T14 when we had ICD trinkets who where pretty guaranteed to proc, you only wanted to wait around 5-6 seconds tops oterwise it would be more worth it to pop your cooldowns without them if my memory serves me right.

Deleted
    Might as well cast combustion with your fireball ignite rolling.

/sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be the case sometimes but due to RPPM you might aswell just sit there for 20 seconds not getting anything wasting your time, if you wanna take the risk go ahead but it's never worth delaying your combustion more then a few seconds unless it's the last one you're gonna pop & the boss isn't gonna die in the next 30 seconds or so. This was even true for T14 when we had ICD trinkets who where pretty guaranteed to proc, you only wanted to wait around 5-6 seconds tops oterwise it would be more worth it to pop your cooldowns without them if my memory serves me right.

It is true that it's not worth delaying for an extended amount of time, but I have noticed that I consistently get higher overall damage by making sure that my AT Combustions are as high as possible. That's at least how I've gotten my rank ones these past couple of tiers - stack the AT Combusts to the max while just getting the non-AT Combustions out of the way with little care. Perhaps only 2 Pyro crits. :-P

Edit: Back on topic though, trinkets!
    Last edited by Rinoa; 2013-05-16 at 01:30 AM.
    Armory
    Twitter

Deleted
    On my alt mage I currently have:

502 Wush, 502 LotC, 522 SPA
    (oh and the DMF trinket :P)

I was wondering what I should use for Fire right now. Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gend View Post
    On my alt mage I currently have:

502 Wush, 502 LotC, 522 SPA
    (oh and the DMF trinket :P)

I was wondering what I should use for Fire right now. Thoughts?
    502 Wush, 502 LotC

Deleted
    not sure as to what I should be using. usually play frost but have started to play fire. haven't had any luck in LFR with trinkets yet and currently got

relic of yu'lon
    Light of the Cosmos (506)
    Essence of Terror (LFR)
    Shock Charger Medallion
    Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

which 2 of those would be best to use ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleenia View Post
    not sure as to what I should be using. usually play frost but have started to play fire. haven't had any luck in LFR with trinkets yet and currently got

relic of yu'lon
    Light of the Cosmos (506)
    Essence of Terror (LFR)
    Shock Charger Medallion
    Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault

which 2 of those would be best to use ?
    shadopan trinket + lotc

522 cha ye v 522 wushoolay?

Quote Originally Posted by Riyomorii View Post
    522 cha ye v 522 wushoolay?
    For what spec? What's the other trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    For what spec? What's the other trinket?
    Fire
    Heroic upgraded Breath of the Hydra is the other slot
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Riyomorii View Post
    Fire
    Heroic upgraded Breath of the Hydra is the other slot
    Cheers
    Then Cha-Ye's fo sho.

Deleted
    Hi guys,

I've got Cha-Ye N 2/2 (530ilvl) and Wush 535 (HM 0/2), do you guys know which one I should use with breath HM 2/2 ? I'm playing fire and I can upgrade Wush if it needs to be.

But, to be honest, I really feel like I shouldn't switch Cha-Ye out for Wush, even upgraded.

Thanks !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thanje View Post
    Hi guys,

I've got Cha-Ye N 2/2 (530ilvl) and Wush 535 (HM 0/2), do you guys know which one I should use with breath HM 2/2 ? I'm playing fire and I can upgrade Wush if it needs to be.

But, to be honest, I really feel like I shouldn't switch Cha-Ye out for Wush, even upgraded.

Thanks !
    It's a tough one, personally I'd say upgrade Wushoo's as it's HM and two 543 trinkets will give you strong uptimes. You'll lose some base crit but Wushoo's gives you like 1.7K hit @ 543 and the Intellect proc is insanely strong.

okay, I didn't find this combo here so I'll ask :P
    502 hydra
    502 wush
    522 SPA
    489 LotC

Which ones for fire?