Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Fireside Duel: Rogue vs Druid

Figured I'd get a "first" and capitalize on that sweet nonexistent MMO-champ Karma.

Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Watching it right now XD All of that hitting "refresh" this past week worked wonders haha.

EDIT: HOOOOLLLLYYYYY SHHHHH...that final turn from Malfurion was BRUTAL xD!!!
    Last edited by Thorim; 2013-06-06 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp. Just finished it. I'm of the opinion that Druids are a little bit bullshit right now, though I still haven't played one myself. They seem to have way much RNG burst. Hearthstone Druids seem like basically 5.0 Warriors.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

That final turn was really exciting. Best duel I've seen so far.

Well to be fair, to be able to play two bites you need to get to at least turn 8, and taking two Bites means you are probably going for a hero-centric deck, so less minions/spells for mana etc, although you could go half mana/half hero and play that turn sooner i guess.

You're also forgetting about how much quicker the Rogue COULD have won due to RNG with that alarm-o-bot. Druids do seem to be really adaptable right now though, hero-centric, mana-centric, card draw and minion centric, I'm going to LOVE it XD

Golly.

Only two female hero choices, Mage and Rogue, and both of them are shown playing badly and losing badly in the shoutcasts.

I really don't want to be an obnoxious feminazi or whatever they're calling us these days, but sometimes Blizzard seems to be deliberately trolling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    Golly.

Only two female hero choices, Mage and Rogue, and both of them are shown playing badly and losing badly in the shoutcasts.

I really don't want to be an obnoxious feminazi or whatever they're calling us these days, but sometimes Blizzard seems to be deliberately trolling me.
    .....please don't tell me this was even the least bit serious, oh god. let's keep it on the topic of hearthstone, not peoples individual belief systems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to play this game so effin much! Looks like so much fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome match, rivaling the very first one for entertainment value. I'd been discussing that Gruul card elsewhere, and it is freaking amazing to see in action. Seriously curious about building a deck around him, just for the awesomeness of seeing him spin out of control like we saw in this video.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorim View Post
    .....please don't tell me this was even the least bit serious, oh god. let's keep it on the topic of hearthstone, not peoples individual belief systems.
    I'm sorry. I'm sharing an emotional response that's not entirely logical.

I want to love this game, there is a lot of good in there and it looks like amazing potential. It's just lacking a gateway for me to feel drawn in and part of the action. I see the lack of hero customization as a serious game flaw, and the fact that they only gave me two women to try to identify with compounds that. And then their demo tapes show people throwing games while playing the only two female heroes.

I want to love this game. It just hasn't happened yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I'm sorry. I'm sharing an emotional response that's not entirely logical.

I want to love this game, there is a lot of good in there and it looks like amazing potential. It's just lacking a gateway for me to feel drawn in and part of the action. I see the lack of hero customization as a serious game flaw, and the fact that they only gave me two women to try to identify with compounds that. And then their demo tapes show people throwing games while playing the only two female heroes.

I want to love this game. It just hasn't happened yet.
    No offence, but I don't see where you get the idea that this gamne was thrown in any way. The rogue would have won if not for that last gasp ass pull victory move by the druid. It's a rough loss, but that's not throwing a game at all.

I'd just wait till you can get your hands on the game yourself. This game more so then most is all about what YOU do with the cards in your hand. If the basics of the game appeal to you, I have no doubt that you'll find playing yourself, and getting a personal bond with your Hero, and a personal bond with your specific deck will make you appreciate the game much, much more. That way you yourself are in control of the strength of these female heros, and can proceed to kick butt with them as you please.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No offence, but I don't see where you get the idea that this gamne was thrown in any way. The rogue would have won if not for that last gasp ass pull victory move by the druid. It's a rough loss, but that's not throwing a game at all.

I'd just wait till you can get your hands on the game yourself. This game more so then most is all about what YOU do with the cards in your hand. If the basics of the game appeal to you, I have no doubt that you'll find playing yourself, and getting a personal bond with your Hero, and a personal bond with your specific deck will make you appreciate the game much, much more. That way you yourself are in control of the strength of these female heros, and can proceed to kick butt with them as you please.
    Also if the bot pulled out Rag or Gruul earlier, it would've been harder to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

The druid also did nearly nothing beyond occasionally nuking out the enemy minions. It's clear to me that the last-turn nova was a build strategy. And, actually, not a very good one. A bit better luck and the druid would have gotten owned.

And about female heroes - there are a lot of female heroes in Warcraft, and many of them are among the more awesome ones in the Warcraft universe. I expect there to be at least one of each gender for each class - and if in the end there isn't, then that would be something of concern. But I'd strongly suggest not passing judgment based on the snippets of alpha content we've been given. Give them a chance, before you damn them.
    Last edited by Dreyo; 2013-06-06 at 10:52 PM.

I wouldn't really see a deck built around a legendary, Especially since I don't remember seeign any tutor-like cards fro the videos to go fecth that Gruul. I do suspect these games are staged, though, to show legendaries each time and big crushing combos. those druid cards are very reminiscent of magic green decks, with Overrun and giant growth etc.

Quote Originally Posted by vaestmannaeyjar View Post
    I do suspect these games are staged, though, to show legendaries each time and big crushing combos.
    I don't see them as being staged - I think this game legitimately happened. It did happen to have a dramatic nailbiter of an ending, which meant that they picked it for a Fireside. That's no accident, but I don't think you can extend that to the entire game being staged. They're playing a lot of games, doing a lot of testing.

I also have an inkling that this Druid was the same one which was in the very first Duel at PAX,and some of the ones in the livestream trying out a new deck or something, he's clearly played CCGs before and seems to be one of the better Hearthstone players at Bliz right now, so it's no wonder he does very very well, lots of practise =)

I like the rogue combo style but currently having watched all the vids and understanding the game play mechanics I think the hunter will be my class choice with priest very close behind.

traps or Secrets etc would have crushed this guys strategy and the priest if u build the heal - draw combo can negate most damage and draw 2-3 extra cards a turn consistantly.

Ugh why did I have to watch this, now I only want to play the game more. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ridethelight View Post
    Ugh why did I have to watch this, now I only want to play the game more. :/
    Because blizzard are using the drug dealer method, they give you a taste ... wait for you to almost forget about it .... give you another taste .

then come release before you know it your foaming to get your hearthstone

So far the druid decks have been showing a bit too much dmg from the hero.