Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    What I'm concerned about though FF, is that he is likely not performing a quality rotation or maintaining good uptimes (based off of his admission that he "felt squishy" when gearing appropriately), which means that all the good advice in our repertoires may actually set him back if he can't literally use it.

I'd need to see logs to fully digest it, but at first glance, yeah...it's all wrong.
    Without logs there is not much more to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Without logs there is not much more to do though.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1t...kzl/details/6/ The detective work is strong in this one.

34% uptime on Shield of the Righteous and 36% for Sacred Shield on Durumu. Just these two things alone tell me you're not doing enough stuff more often. With tanking you're more or less pressing a button every GCD, sometimes even between. Also had 11 wasted HoPo on this fight as well. Yup, press more buttons more often and in the right order. You used Hammer of the Righteous a lot, more than you probably should have. You had very few, if any Crusader Strikes. Everything that is wrong is wrong at the fundamental playing level. Changing your gear around won't do anything to help, but will actually hinder you more.
    Last edited by Promdates; 2013-06-06 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1t...kzl/details/6/ The detective work is strong in this one.

34% uptime on Shield of the Righteous and 36% for Sacred Shield on Durumu. Just these two things alone tell me you're not doing enough stuff more often. With tanking you're more or less pressing a button every GCD, sometimes even between. Also had 11 wasted HoPo on this fight as well. Yup, press more buttons more often and in the right order. You used Hammer of the Righteous a lot, more than you probably should have. You had very few, if any Crusader Strikes. Everything that is wrong is wrong at the fundamental playing level. Changing your gear around won't do anything to help, but will actually hinder you more.
    I read that last sentence in Ramsey's voice.

To be fair, while the SS uptime is inexcusable, wouldn't it make sense that his ShoR uptime is lower considering he's using a mitigation build? Less haste = fewer HoPo = fewer ShoR?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    I read that last sentence in Ramsey's voice.

To be fair, while the SS uptime is inexcusable, wouldn't it make sense that his ShoR uptime is lower considering he's using a mitigation build? Less haste = fewer HoPo = fewer ShoR?
    30% is low even for an mitigation build. 50% +-5% is what you should be about in a shitigation build.

If he has 0 haste at all, his CS/HotR cd is still 4.5s right, baseline cooldown. For a 5:39 fight, that's 339 seconds or 75.3333 CS/HotR. He casted either of them a combined 51 times, counting parrys. He also cast Judgment 45 times, which is 11 short of what he could have. Essentially, he gave up bonus 25 holy power he could have had extra, which is another 8 casts of SotR. Add that 25 power to the 11 he wasted, that's 12 additional holy power he could have had, or another 36 seconds of uptime. That extra 36 seconds would push him to a higher 45-46% uptime. While stacking haste and playing "optimally" he could reach 70%+ uptime, using his current gear levels he should be able to get at least 45-50% uptime.

He also never cast Divine Protection or Ardent Defender. He did cast Guardian of the Ancient Kings once. He spec'd into Hand of Purity, and used it a total of 2 times, both towards the end of the fight. He would have been better off using Unbreakable Spirit and using Divine Protection more often. Also the second time he used Holy Avenger, he didn't have a "blanket" of SotR like he did for the first one.

While they are two tanking it, it would still be beneficial for him to practice these things when he's not actively tanking the boss. Trying to maximize uptime on these things to improve at the fundamental level.

Man, that's what I feared...but also what I suspected.

In this case, he's probably better off sticking with his shitigation build (lol, thanks for that one). Although, for gods sake, at least stop stacking Dodge/Parry and move it into mastery or stamina.

PRESS MOAR BUTTONZ DOOD!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Actually, the most important question I have to ask at this point is... does he use keybinds or does he click? We had a warrior who was a clicker, and he did really poor damage. It wasn't until we forced him to start playing with keybinds that he started to do better.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    sorry i came home and did not have time to post cause of dragging into a raid, work blocked worldoflogs so i could not load it up at the time so thank you promdate for looking me up very appreciated

The reason i kinda "slack" on Durumu is for the simple version i take like no damage at all so thats why i dont pop cd's i know i should but yea
    i swapped from Mitigation to Haste during MSV/HOF but the healers could just not keep me alive at the time and nearly begged me to go back to mitigation build which i at the time did, now i am going to look into a haste build during the weekend

And to react to Nairobi i know exactly which gear i want which is the gear u linked but wanting and getting are two different things sadly

so yea i will "check" back in over the weekend after i switched to haste and done Iron Qon on sunday

Where can I find GoAK in WoL parses?

Quote Originally Posted by paulleedot View Post
    Where can I find GoAK in WoL parses?
    For some reason, it doesn't actually show you as using it, or gaining the "buff" for 50% damage reduction. The only way to determine is to check the option "Creatures" and the sub-section "Creatures", then look for Guardian of Ancient Kings. If there are multiple paladins in the raid, it doesn't work properly as you have no real way of determining which paladin casted it unless you scrolled through the actual log.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, it doesn't actually show you as using it, or gaining the "buff" for 50% damage reduction. The only way to determine is to check the option "Creatures" and the sub-section "Creatures", then look for Guardian of Ancient Kings. If there are multiple paladins in the raid, it doesn't work properly as you have no real way of determining which paladin casted it unless you scrolled through the actual log.
    After doing some testing, the reason it doesn't show up on WoL is that is isn't logged in the actual combatlog itself - there's no SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS trigger or SPELL_AURA_APPLIED/REMOVED for the buff, which I assume is a bug that has just never been reported, as it's been this way since at least last July I think according to an old log I have.

Quote Originally Posted by NeQulaX View Post
    sorry i came home and did not have time to post cause of dragging into a raid, work blocked worldoflogs so i could not load it up at the time so thank you promdate for looking me up very appreciated

The reason i kinda "slack" on Durumu is for the simple version i take like no damage at all so thats why i dont pop cd's i know i should but yea
    i swapped from Mitigation to Haste during MSV/HOF but the healers could just not keep me alive at the time and nearly begged me to go back to mitigation build which i at the time did, now i am going to look into a haste build during the weekend

And to react to Nairobi i know exactly which gear i want which is the gear u linked but wanting and getting are two different things sadly

so yea i will "check" back in over the weekend after i switched to haste and done Iron Qon on sunday
    But, you have valor gear, which you CHOOSE, and you picked the avoidance pieces. Same with the crafted items.

That, and the reforge/gem choices are what was really staggering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Actually, the most important question I have to ask at this point is... does he use keybinds or does he click? We had a warrior who was a clicker, and he did really poor damage. It wasn't until we forced him to start playing with keybinds that he started to do better.
    Nowt wrong with zee clickings!

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes i chose my valor gear and picked the avoidance pieces, same as crafted cause if i have a full avoidance gear set and its the way i played at the time "yes i am in the process of changing it all over " i found that 1 or 2 haste items did not make the difference

trust me i do get what u mean Nairobi but i just looked at the situation differently then i maybe should have done looking back to it now

The reforging/Gemming are done on a "full percentage" basis cause as you know with avoidance 21.99% dodge is only 21% so i made sure i was always as low as possible and make sure the other was over a full percentage

so yes i do take your criticism or advice how u put it in and will certainly look into it all tonight and over the weekend

the last question i just have is can we trust mr robot with his control/haste build as a guideline to kinda get me going or is it a big nono, i heard so many various things about it some people swear by it some people advice to stay clear of it

Deleted
    yes i chose my valor gear and picked the avoidance pieces, same as crafted cause if i have a full avoidance gear set and its the way i played at the time "yes i am in the process of changing it all over " i found that 1 or 2 haste items did not make the difference

trust me i do get what u mean Nairobi but i just looked at the situation differently then i maybe should have done looking back to it now

The reforging/Gemming are done on a "full percentage" basis cause as you know with avoidance 21.99% dodge is only 21% so i made sure i was always as low as possible and make sure the other was over a full percentageso yes i do take your criticism or advice how u put it in and will certainly look into it all tonight and over the weekend

the last question i just have is can we trust mr robot with his control/haste build as a guideline to kinda get me going or is it a big nono, i heard so many various things about it some people swear by it some people advice to stay clear of it
    this is not true.

The reforging/Gemming are done on a "full percentage" basis cause as you know with avoidance 21.99% dodge is only 21% so i made sure i was always as low as possible and make sure the other was over a full percentage

so yes i do take your criticism or advice how u put it in and will certainly look into it all tonight and over the weekend

Chances are rounded to the 4th decimal point.

Think back to the days of table-top strategy and P&P RPGs. Imagine the game rolling a 10,000 sided die to decide what happens to you. As you remember from school, chances are expressed as a decimal between 0 and 1. 25% = 0.25. 21.88 = 0.2188. Here we are rolling from 0.0000-1.0000 (10,000 possible events) giving us accuracy when expressed as a percentage to the second decimal point.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    this is not true.

i could swear this was the case, even everyone in my guild is saying this, so as Butler Log explains now it is 21.99 = just 21.99
    when did they change this? cause for aslong as i know its always been on full percentage base instead of after the decimal

Deleted
    i could swear this was the case, even everyone in my guild is saying this, so as Butler Log explains now it is 21.99 = just 21.99
    when did they change this? cause for aslong as i know its always been on full percentage base instead of after the decimal
    I believe this was true for some masteries in Cataclysm, however not for dogdge/parry/block/crit etc.

Since WoW released?

Technically, 21.99 can be any value in the area of {21.985 ≤ x < 21.995}, but yeah.

Some values have been integer only (expertise used to be in Wrath IIRC) but most have been 4 decimal point accurate since the beginning.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-06-07 at 02:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    I believe this was true for some masteries in Cataclysm, however not for dogdge/parry/block/crit etc.
    There was some thought that this was the case for e.g. sv hunters mastery which increased the damage of nature damage by x%. people were under the impression that as the character sheet only showed whole integers then any excess mastery stats was a waste. However, again this was not true either iirc and % decimals also increased damage.

---------- Post added 2013-06-07 at 03:07 PM ----------

Thing is from a design point of view having only whole integers having an effect wouldnt make much sense, primarily due to reforging, as it punishes the more casual player and caused min maxers to go mental with gold reforges.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2013-06-07 at 02:07 PM.