Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

"Pick the feature in 5.4 you like best and *that’s* the big expansion feature."

So is this the "big unannounced feature" that we've been waiting for?
    pick the feature in 5.4 you like best and *that’s* the big expansion feature. There’s a few.
    So my question is, what are the 'other' features of 5.4? What was not 'unannounced'?

It seems the general consensus is that the Flex Raid thing is... neat? But the majority of people really don't care. The only people I see really interested in it, is people who already raid, but are just short of 25, or doing two 10 groups.

Regardless, it seems like backpedalling to first say "Big Unannounced Feature" to "Uhhh pick something else". What is 5.4 bringing to the table game-wise, besides the obvious (New raid, new tier, end of expansion). Because those aren't really 'big game features'.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

We'll know more when the ptr pops up, probably.

10+ Year Old Account
    So when he says "Pick one" he doesn't mean pick one... he means there WILL be features. In theory.

Personally I feel the flex raid system is an utter failure of 'big feature' and caters to a surprisingly small audience.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So when he says "Pick one" he doesn't mean pick one... he means there WILL be features. In theory.

Personally I feel the flex raid system is an utter failure of 'big feature' and caters to a surprisingly small audience.
    Nice of you to turn this into a "I hate the new flexi raid idea" by the 3rd post.
    Aye mate

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

It's generated a huge amount of positive feedback and interest to be honest. Don't take the whining and moaning of the MMO-Champion "We hate everything" crowd as being the majority opinion.
    Butts.

Deleted
    Did he ever say the feature was big? or did the players say that. Honestly I just remember him saying it was something cool that would impact gameplay on some level, but alot of players would think "meh". Unless I missed the part where he hyped it up to much. And don't misunderstand, I'm not usually one to go by everything GC says but I just can't remember him ever calling it "A big unannouneced feature"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody ever said anything except for that it was an "unannounced feature" and that it will effect some people and not have an impact on others. Nobody ever said it was "big". Stop. This is getting silly.

Well it's one of the features of course, I am 100% sure that the feature most GMs were hinting at for so long wasn't this one but another one that will be revealed soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Did he ever say the feature was big?
    Nobody ever said it was "big"
    It wasn't GC who said it. It was Cory Stockton. He said, and I quote, "We are definitely working on a very big feature for patch 5.4, that we're super excited about."

People flipped out at that point, speculating what it might be. It was then GC who came and said "Well.. don't get TOO excited about, because we don't want it to be the 'focus' of 5.4" ... and from there it backpedaled to "There's totally other neat stuff"

---------- Post added 2013-06-08 at 03:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Well it's one of the features of course, I am 100% sure that the feature most GMs were hinting at for so long wasn't this one but another one that will be revealed soon.
    I'm hoping that's t he case, but from what the Devs have said, that's what it is. Unless they're intentionally playing it off as that, knowing that there is actually something much cooler.

I'm not trying to turn this into an "I hate flexraid" thread. I think its great. Just not worth the hype. I'm more annoyed that the whole hype they're putting into features and then backing out on the hype is... eh.
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-06-08 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like flex difficulty, it doesn't hurt anyone and for those who don't have time to do normal and want to experience more then just LFR they can do flex, and i heard it will be as difficulty as the WOTLK raids and those were alright, so i'm happy about it =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I like flex difficulty, it doesn't hurt anyone and for those who don't have time to do normal and want to experience more then just LFR they can do flex, and i heard it will be as difficulty as the WOTLK raids and those were alright, so i'm happy about it =)

it doesn't hurt anyone
    Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Flex Raid. But will it hurt someone? What could happen is that the worst two players get kicked out after an hour. Why would you run a raid with 18 people and two bad players when you could have it scalled down to 16 or even less good players?

How about starting a raid with 25 people and kick one every 15 minutes because of bad DPS / standing in the fire? In the end the best 10 players arrive at the boss, and you made sure that you won't fail here, because the rotten apples are out. I have a feeling the flexsystem will lead to raid-darwinism.

On Topic:

There can't be to many new features in 5.4 to be honest. How many groundbreaking features will they put in, how many of them will require new loot-tables (like flex-raid), how many of them have the potential to fail or at least displease a bunch of players?

Maybe if it's something that's been a while in the pipe like character models, but there can't be that many *new* features.

It hurts a very core group of people, as for them it's just another mode they HAVE to run the same instance in once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still hoping for X-realm arenas because I refuse to pay MORE money to get off my dead server >.>

Either way, I'm still excited to see what other features do pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post

Thats what I'm taking from it as well. In Wrath the 25man was the "normal" raid, and 10 man was a slightly easier version (albeit still a challenge) for smaller guilds and for gearing up etc. It feels to me that Flex is filling the gap left when 10man and 25man began sharing the same difficulty and lockout.

(LFR didnt fill this role. LFR isnt meant to be a real challenge for anyone)
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-06-08 at 11:53 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    This is my thought as well. The interview from last weekend spoke of a feature that had to do with old content - unless they're applying flex raid to EVERYTHING down to level 60, I don't see how it has anything to do with old content.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    This is my thought as well. The interview from last weekend spoke of a feature that had to do with old content - unless they're applying flex raid to EVERYTHING down to level 60, I don't see how it has anything to do with old content.

Well, if they applied FLEX and scaling content to all the old RAIDS, and had a weekly raid that gave bonus Valor or something (just to tempt people to add some more variety to which they raid) that would be pretty awesome.

(this being a special mode for the raid so people can still solo old ones if they want)
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-06-08 at 11:59 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Well, if they applied FLEX and scaling content to all the old RAIDS, and had a weekly raid that gave bonus Valor or something (just to tempt people to add some more variety to which they raid) that would be pretty awesome.
    That actually would be pretty awesome. I'd try to put together a somewhat steady group for that.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post

(this being a special mode for the raid so people can still solo old ones if they want)
    Yeah Flex raids + scaling to old raids could indeed be awesome, would solve the 40 man raid problem.

Deleted
    Epic pet upgrade stones.

As they're telling us to pick one of the unannounced features, then, I guess, we may pick anything we want and then blame them for not implementing it. I've picked 3rd spec for example. Now it has to be this "Big Feature"? Really? Ok.
    Last edited by AVPaul; 2013-06-08 at 12:41 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club