Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How is it possible to do 200k+ DPS at jinrock

Hello,

just visitied world of logs and witnessed that prot palas do 200k+ DPS at jinrock HC.
    Are there any tricks for instance just using one tank?
    I know you can stand in the void as long as you dont have stacks, but aside from that how is it possible to generate such huge numbers. I had 125k DPS and was standing in the void when not tanking. Still - nearly 100k DPS missing to the toplevel parses. By the way my itemlevel is 525 and i have ~25% tempo unbuffed.

There's nothing stopping you from standing in the crap when you're tanking.

Easiest way to rank on Jinrokh as a tank is to have the dps not standing in pools, the dps that people push should be sufficient to kill the boss anyway.
    My guild kills him during the second pool with dps standing in them, so should be a kill at around the 3rd pool with a ranking tank and dps standing outside

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox View Post
    Easiest way to rank on Jinrokh as a tank is to have the dps not standing in pools, the dps that people push should be sufficient to kill the boss anyway.
    And reduce the uptime of heroism/bl that way? I'm pretty sure you gain more personal dps by killing it asap.

Deleted
    just stand in the pools whenever you're not tanking or when you have no stacks. Can also bubble off stacks at least twice during fight, so what i do is get thrown taunt boss to pool and pop all nukes, bubble when he applies the next stacks and keep boss until first thunderstorm - that way have 100% tanking uptime on boss for that first pool with no stacks getting applied to me. Also make sure you're still attacking the boss during thunderstorm phase and soak some of those balls for vengence.

---------- Post added 2013-06-04 at 01:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zorlox View Post
    There's nothing stopping you from standing in the crap when you're tanking.

My guild kills him during the second pool with dps standing in them, so should be a kill at around the 3rd pool with a ranking tank and dps standing outside
    yeah no real point of getting everyone else to stand out of pools when you can clear your stacks reliably a few times a fight anyway.

Deleted
    Is there any reason for the tank not to stand in the pool? I mean sorry if I missed this but I always stand in pools 100% and have not noticed anything bad about it. You take 100% more nature damage, not a big deal.

Am I missing something?

Afaik the static wound is not amplified on the raid by standing in the pool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Is there any reason for the tank not to stand in the pool? I mean sorry if I missed this but I always stand in pools 100% and have not noticed anything bad about it. You take 100% more nature damage, not a big deal.

Am I missing something?

Afaik the static wound is not amplified on the raid by standing in the pool.
    i was under the impression that boss melee attacks hitting someone with debuff causes raid aoe damage, and this would be amplified by standing in pool. if not then i think my tactics and dps will go up considerably next raid reset....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    i was under the impression that boss melee attacks hitting someone with debuff causes raid aoe damage, and this would be amplified by standing in pool. if not then i think my tactics and dps will go up considerably next raid reset....
    Yes, the tank being hit with debuff causes raid damage.
    Afaik, standing in pool increases the damage you take, but that is irrelevant of the tank standing in the pool or not. As long as the dps is in the pool they take 100% more damage from the attack.

I am not sure if the pools actually amplifies the base damage that the aoe does, but I think it doesnt. I do not believe that the damage is based on the damage the tank takes. (in that case, throwing absorbs and CDs on the tank would make the raid take 0 damage which makes no sense).

So I believe the only thing that happens if the tank stands in pool is that;

1. He takes more nature damage himself from the debuff
    2. He deals more damage
    3. He heals more with battle-healer
    4. He heals more with all of his heals

I never bothered to double check this as I have always been standing in pools since day 1 and always worked good. Never moved out of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Yes, the tank being hit with debuff causes raid damage.
    Afaik, standing in pool increases the damage you take, but that is irrelevant of the tank standing in the pool or not. As long as the dps is in the pool they take 100% more damage from the attack.

I am not sure if the pools actually amplifies the base damage that the aoe does, but I think it doesnt. I do not believe that the damage is based on the damage the tank takes. (in that case, throwing absorbs and CDs on the tank would make the raid take 0 damage which makes no sense).

So I believe the only thing that happens if the tank stands in pool is that;

1. He takes more nature damage himself from the debuff
    2. He deals more damage
    3. He heals more with battle-healer
    4. He heals more with all of his heals

I never bothered to double check this as I have always been standing in pools since day 1 and always worked good. Never moved out of them.
    if that's true then i'll defo stand in the pools all the time from now on. i was under the impression that standing in the pool meant the raid took more damage. ah well :/

Deleted
    As said, I am not 100% sure, just 80% sure. I never had an issue with camping pools though.

Deleted
    stand in pools, soloheal. Should be dead around start-end of the 1st storm phase.

if that's true then i'll defo stand in the pools all the time from now on. i was under the impression that standing in the pool meant the raid took more damage. ah well :/
    As long as your co-tank taunts immediately after static burst is applied there is no problem at all in standing in the water.

Especially considering that a melee attack with 3~ stacks, which should be the case when tauntswapping correctly, doesn't infer a huge healing burden on your healers.

I do greatly urge you to talk to your co-tank and decide beforehand which way you will face the boss. Your melee will go absolutely mental if you keep changing the boss' facing all the time.

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2573&e=2766
    Rank 6 Western 25 man normal
    This is my highest rank on the fight (I was at ilvl 521 or 522 at the time) and funnily enough I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary to get this. I stood in the pools, bubbled out of the stun and switched on the debuff. The damage is much higher on heroic so im damn sure with the extra vengeance I will pull much more. My guild just had its first kill and I wasn't available so sadly I dont have any logs for heroic just yet. However I do believe the tank damage on 10 hc is quite similar to 25 normal so my numbers could be totally relevant if you raid 10 man.
    Are you building your character for max dps similar to mine? http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ronus/advanced
    I say this because the way you gear your toon has a massive say on how much potential dps you can pull out.

Capacitive Primal Diamond is a must if you dont have one
    Last edited by mmocdff3fccd8b; 2013-06-05 at 07:07 AM.

Sadly, WOL at its highest ranks is often filled with cheaters. E.g. most Dark Animus top ranks are just multi dotters dotting all the adds, OR that person intentionally not doing any DPS at all, waits till bloodlust and pops everything so his DPS(e) is very high. When Dark Animus kills can drop to 2mins 40 seconds you know they're cheesing.

For some prots, there is a very high chance that he is intentionally using a /sit macro to get crit by boss for massive vengeance so he can get a lot more DPS. Not saying he did it, but just telling you many tanks use /sit to abuse vengeance.

Admittedly our Prot pally also does this often and it helps gets us kills. Prot Pally DPS is not trivial in the least. Our raiders frequently rank top 50 in Heroic modes, and he's keeping up with them using these mechanics intentionally. Yes, he's also ranked several times in the top 20 :P.

Edit: Wrong info on the DPS(e) part, ignore
    Last edited by Booniehat; 2013-06-09 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    OR that person intentionally not doing any DPS at all, waits till bloodlust and pops everything so his DPS(e) is very high.
    Last time I checked DPS(e) was damage/fight_length => to get a high value you need to deal damage all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Last time I checked DPS(e) was damage/fight_length => to get a high value you need to deal damage all the time.
    Yep this is how it works, so just going afk and popping everything in the last 10 secs will not get you a high (e)dps.

Also cheesing logs by /sitting is cheating! Tsk on you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    I may be mistaken, I was half listening when my guildie was explaining how it was done. It may be something else, or Im wrong . Whatever it is, don't do it!

But nonetheless my point was more that top 100 parses are often lucky flukes/RNG (see: Fire Mages), and meter padding. Don't base your performance in a progression raid based on those.

---------- Post added 2013-06-09 at 06:46 AM ----------

Yep this is how it works, so just going afk and popping everything in the last 10 secs will not get you a high (e)dps.

Also cheesing logs by /sitting is cheating! Tsk on you all.
    Exactly my point. Most top logs ARE cheesing after the boss is on farm. As I main an ele shaman sometimes I feel so depressed when I see the top logs having 2x my damage (when I'm ranked about ~50-80 for several H fights). Then I check and his damage is 80% chain lightning on useless adds >.>
    Last edited by Booniehat; 2013-06-09 at 06:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    I may be mistaken, heard that was possible.

But nonetheless my point was more that top 100 parses are often lucky flukes/RNG (see: Fire Mages), and meter padding. Don't base your performance in a progression raid based on those.
    Well you get ranked against other people using same class/spec, so it's not as if we're competing against fire mages anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you stand in the pools with high stacks of static shock, you take ungodly amounts of damage.

At 10 stacks, getting hit normally will do 200k unmitigated damage. In a pool, thats about 400k unmitigated damage. Of course, popping the 40% and 50% damage reduction CDs will reduce that back on down to 200k damage, with about 140k raid damage on raid whenever you get struck. (Not too bad considering that everyone also recieves 40% more healing. Since the only source of raid damage would be that static shock, healers don't have to worry bout much else).

Of course, even just face tanking him outside the pools with Static Shock up will lead to a large amount of vengeance. Going on a solo tank strat while rotating various cooldowns could lead to ridiculous amounts of vengeance for tanks, so 200k really isnt that surprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Well you get ranked against other people using same class/spec, so it's not as if we're competing against fire mages anyhow.
    That wasn't my point. I said fire mages because they are the ultimate streaky class and often 2 mages of ~ same gear/skill will have hugely varied DPS.

I am saying that OP shouldn't feel TOO badly about a top log, because many RNG factors often come into play. The top DPS on 10M Heroic Tortos is a 800K DPS Prot Pally. Should he feel bad if he "only" pulls 500K like the rest of the (pretty damn good) prots? :P

I've watched several streams of tanks intentionally walking over fire, staying in the eye sores on Durumu, etc. They may or may not admit it but its done often. Vengeance working as intended (or not, hence the possible incoming nerf capped at X% of health).
    Last edited by Booniehat; 2013-06-09 at 06:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stand in pools for damage increase and do your rotation properly. /win
    Always do the minimum required to achieve the maximum possible result.