Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How to fix (in a way) resto spread healing output

(already posted on the "en" wow forums)

Hell everyone,

I was dreaming about our problem with spread healing as shamy restos the other day and then I had the insight.

It's not a solution to the problem, but only an idea of what could be done to help us being more efficient when spread healing and I think it could be done without changing mastery or affecting pvp.

I was thinking about our passive ancestral awakening mechanic. When we crit, it heals, with the 4p bonus, it has a chance to heal with direct heals too.

Here is my point. What if blizzard enhanced that passive a bit. It could be enhanced in several ways. My way of enhancing it would be to change the passive to heal not only one more person, but two or three within 40 yards. It would be a way for us to heal with crits or sometimes with diret heals 2-3 people at a time. It won't be too powerful as the other healers do have some spells to heal 5-6 members at a time, but with a longer cooldown. So I thinkt it would be a fair tweak to our spread healing mechanic.

Sorry for my english, I am not a native speaker. I am really looking forward to your feedbacks and thoughts.

Tonton

p.s. Forgot to mention that they could put a ppm thing into it, so that it could not be triggered to often.

Deleted
    Just few words.
    I'd love see an ability that'd be similar to Monk's Uplift (and for example connected with Riptide). Something like - instantly heals your "riptided" target for X. Up to Y people.

Deleted
    @Conclecham - Random throughput isn't fun. Increasing the chance of overheal, especially in 10s would be a complete waste.

@Pietrzyk - The overall problem with that is Shaman would want it as powerful as the Monks version and Monks will want it less powerful because theirs was the original and by rights it's their play style. Copying spells to different classes is just lazy development.
    Last edited by mmoc593332b4b3; 2013-06-09 at 11:33 AM.

The simplest one would be removing the CD on glyph of chaining and making it passive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleh View Post
    @Conclecham - Random throughput isn't fun. Increasing the chance of overheal, especially in 10s would be a complete waste.

@Pietrzyk - The overall problem with that is Shaman would want it as powerful as the Monks version and Monks will want it less powerful because theirs was the original and by rights it's their play style. Copying spells to different classes is just lazy development.
    I don't think Blizzard really mind "lazy development". After all healing tolls are similar to each other: Rejuvenation is Renew, Healing Tide Totem is Tranqulity and Divine Hymn. And they copied shaman's Healing Rain and sold it to Paladins as a 90lvl talent. Plus, they could give a shaman a PROPER mana rageneration tool. I don't think a RNG based mana mechanics or being mana battery is somehow good. I am not going to watch anyone's mana just because someone is spamming most expensive heals in spe I pop MTT in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    The simplest one would be removing the CD on glyph of chaining and making it passive.
    That would bring a lot of silly Chain Heal spamming. Don't you think it's a boring solution?

Right now I'd gladly take "functional" over "exciting"

Don't think the Uplift type idea in that form would fly, it'd make the RT glyph too close to mandatory.

One thing I think could help slightly would be to have, maybe even in glyph form, Healing Rain be something that follows a target around as a raincloud. Maybe at the cost of slightly reduced output, or increased cast time, or one of the usual glyph-based trade offs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    It would also be the worst. Would chain heal 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Enaina View Post
    It would also be the worst. Would chain heal 24/7
    wow, using aoe heal in heavy aoe damage content, who would have thought!

I would probably like Fire and Brimstone-like mechanic for our heals, while making WS charges as the resource for the mechanic, HR would be excluded
    Last edited by Sarevokcz; 2013-06-10 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    I don't think Blizzard really mind "lazy development". After all healing tolls are similar to each other: Rejuvenation is Renew, Healing Tide Totem is Tranqulity and Divine Hymn. And they copied shaman's Healing Rain and sold it to Paladins as a 90lvl talent. Plus, they could give a shaman a PROPER mana rageneration tool. I don't think a RNG based mana mechanics or being mana battery is somehow good. I am not going to watch anyone's mana just because someone is spamming most expensive heals in spe I pop MTT in seconds.

That would bring a lot of silly Chain Heal spamming. Don't you think it's a boring solution?
    Ever tried to spam chain heal in MoP? Give it a shot and tell us how long you can keep it before you go OOM.

Quote Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
    Ever tried to spam chain heal in MoP? Give it a shot and tell us how long you can keep it before you go OOM.
    Have to say i agree with what Pietrzyk said. It's been my thinking for a while, buffs to chain heal could make it the go to heal for nearly every situation. To answer you comment regarding mana consumption though, what would happen if this change went through (As always happens with Blizzard make changes) people will start complaining that the don't have the mana and/or regen to sustain AoE healing.

Buffs to CH also don't help with mobility, along with spread AoE healing situation, lack of mobility is probably one off the biggest issues resto shaman have

in 25 man chain heal, healing stream totem, healing rain and riptide are the go to heal its a hps/hpm loss to heal with anything else

so far the idea with new spell that heals riptide targets (up to three - with glyph say 5 (but for same total amount) feels the best (would be instant so nice even on move - with some CD obviously).

In ten man this could hlp us tons and wouldnt feel OP in 25 man.

Hop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    I would probably like Fire and Brimstone-like mechanic for our heals, while making WS charges as the resource for the mechanic, HR would be excluded
    Love this idea, potentially it could change the how HR worked rather than exclude it to provide a slightly reduced throughput than a HR on the floor but worked for a spread raid

Also using tidal waves as a resource so you build charges with riptide and use them to spread heal, if it altered chain heal it could effectively put us in 'spread healing mode' as chain heal provides charges

Lots of potential with this idea

Sepha

I'd like to see them do something with healing rain overheal - making is beneficial in some way, potentially fixing the spread healing problem - the same way in which they used resto druids rejuv overheal to buff wild mushrooms.

The simplest fix is buffing riptide (again). Perhaps lowering it's cooldown as well.

That way it doesn't become too powerful in 25's (where CH is better), but it helps out 10 mans immensely.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

if they made a fire and brimstone like mechanic with healing rain where all the over healing healed people out side of it and it was on a longer cd then healing rain it would be nice. This way if everyone is in the healing rain and u have the effect up and its over healing its not going to. become op because it can only heal people outside of the healing rain. Just a small thought on the fire and brimstone mechanic and to fix some over healing by healing rain.

With blizz already looking at ability bloat and stating it's an issue, it's unlikely they will contribute to it to "fix" a spec.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

forget any buffs to healing stream totem, riptide, earth shield or earthliving, blizzard don't want to make shaman even more dominant in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizz should keep them mechanic of current 2-piece and have Healing Stream Totem heal 2 targets. Also put HST back at 1 min duration....

Quote Originally Posted by Cai View Post
    I think Blizz should keep them mechanic of current 2-piece and have Healing Stream Totem heal 2 targets. Also put HST back at 1 min duration....
    Been thinking buffing HST would be a nice simple solution to fix both mobility and spread healing problems. Buff the duration, buff the throughput and remove CD. Effectively it's dropped on CD, so it's not really that bigger stretch in my opinion. And because it's only got 5hp, the pvp impact is going to be limited as most people with blitz it as soon as it touches the ground anyway