Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I wasn't trying to say that their reason for transferring was wrong. I actually understand it - I'm on the same server, and I'm not happy at all that a 10 man much more progressed than either of the two 25s fighting it out just showed up. There's almost no way to compete with a good 10 man as a 25 man guild, so.

I guess it's just another example of why I don't think that the lockouts should be shared. :-P
    Midwinter transferred to my server and I think a couple of the top 10 mans left as a result, but I can't really tell you if it was because of that or they wanted to go Horde. I really think it was more about racials. Speaking with some of them, I can tell you they weren't happy about them coming here as they liked a shot at the FoS, but they're attributing it to racials. Either way, I'm cool with anyone transferring here regardless of who they are. I welcome more guilds to Sargeras because I don't want to see it die, but it seems its future is solidified as one of the 10 megaservers anyway and I like to think my efforts in promoting the server have bore fruit because Sargeras and Stormrage are the best 2 Alliance servers. Several new 10 and 25 mans transferred here during the 50% off sale. I personally think caring about realm firsts or any sort of ranking is pointless outside of for recruitment purposes, and for the most part recruits care about US rank/bosses killed rather than realm rank. So on the GR thread I'll mention our realm rank. I don't even bring up ranking with the guild because it just encourages guild hopping because random people will set unreasonable or pointless expectations, as in to set themselves up to be disappointed. All I want to do is keep promoting a good atmosphere because that'll keep everyone happy and minimize turnover in the long run. Again that's just me. The higher you climb in ranking the harder it is to ignore it and it can be the motivation for raiding hardcore, so I get that. I just don't feel like we're competing with anyone except ourselves vs these encounters.

---------- Post added 2013-06-10 at 03:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    It's far more than 1% when you add up the number of people in your raid with the better racials.
    Yeah I could pump out 8% more dps easily as a troll on a beast boss. Just takes some smart, but simple use of the haste racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorine View Post
    Hardcore raiders are sad. Playing factions they don't like, playing races they don't like, all because of 1% increase in performance. Or perhaps they don't even care what they play, which is even more sad.
    Hello, hardcore raider here and I agree with this.

I know it probably sucks to feel inferior as an alliance guild but cmon guys, just play better and stop complaining about racials. It's not going to magically increase your guild ranking, seriously.

Deleted
    Quite recently I made a post concerning this as well on the Blizzard forum: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7617382744

Hopefully they read it and actually do something D:

Deleted
    There are 2 aspects to consider

1)Its significantly cheaper to transfer to another guild of the same faction. Lets say you're a top 30 guild on the alliance side that needs a mage. Your quality options are significantly reduced compared to top 60 horde guild.

2)Some racials are just insanely overpowered. Its laughable they nerfed the Blood Elf Arcane Torrent at the start of the expansion because it was "overpowered" and allowed the current implementation of the troll+orc racials.

Edit: EMFH also gets a mention as an overpowered racial(mostly for PvP however).

Quote Originally Posted by Titansruler View Post
    Quite recently I made a post concerning this as well on the Blizzard forum: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7617382744

Hopefully they read it and actually do something D:
    Cool. It's times like this that I wish I had an EU account. But considering all the low pop realm threads made get merged into a 290 page behemoth, I feel like the EU forums probably aren't the best place to get an opinion across. However, at least my thread on the US bnet forums is currently sitting at 11 pages and has been upvoted enough to be "highly rated." Here's hoping it doesn't take too many days for some type of response.

Deleted
    Cool! There's indeed very little activity on the EU forums as far as I know. Barely any post get a blue response or even enough to start a discussion going... :\
    Hope your post on Bnet will get some more love

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Severance View Post
    Even for non-hardcore reasons, Horde can be more compelling.

1. The races all feel unique, in both models and "culture".
    2. The racials are appealing even if you aren't hardcore. They provide benefits you can see (not just increases on a stat sheet), are useful in a lot of situations, and are proactive instead of reactive.
    3. Travel is easier. The docks just don't compare to the zeppelins.
    4. Alliance lore is just not as compelling as Horde lore, when you're actually playing the game.
    5. Blood elves. Yes, it's that big of a deal for many players.
    TL;DR: I prefer playing Horde and I'm also obviously biased towards their faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    Cool. It's times like this that I wish I had an EU account. But considering all the low pop realm threads made get merged into a 290 page behemoth, I feel like the EU forums probably aren't the best place to get an opinion across. However, at least my thread on the US bnet forums is currently sitting at 11 pages and has been upvoted enough to be "highly rated." Here's hoping it doesn't take too many days for some type of response.
    "we are aware the issues exist and are working on it"
    "we are aware the issue exist but don't think it effect a large enough population to be a priority"
    take your pick out of one of those if you do get a response

over/under on midwinter going horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    "we are aware the issues exist and are working on it"
    "we are aware the issue exist but don't think it effect a large enough population to be a priority"
    take your pick out of one of those if you do get a response

over/under on midwinter going horde?
    we don't have any plans (that I know of) to go horde anytime soon.
    Xonkjr - <Midwinter> US - Sargeras

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ikissedagirl View Post
    we don't have any plans (that I know of) to go horde anytime soon.
    I hope your recruitment will keep up. Since that's the actually biggest reason of guilds switching to horde. The balance was never there but now.. there aren't much sane people who planned their stuff and will still apply to alliance guilds and their numbers drop more and more. Even if they would balance the racials or completely remove them tomorrow it would hardly change anything about the course.

im agree with the op, our raiding guild 5/13 HM changed this week to horde side(even when alliance was already low) we are around 50-75 to have xfered horde side and we are not alone... and yeah we were horde before and racials was appealing some of us too...

p.s we are from zul'jin so ally is pretty dead, we were just bored because horde had always everything, world boss, able to make grp ect...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    There still quite an amount of denizens who don't want to make the switch over, one example unfortunately being the sex crazed players that populate Goldshire on RP realms.
    I always play the good guy, and Alliance profile from a non lore point of view presents itself as the good guys. So I will play them, you will never see me play a brute in any game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I always play the good guy, and Alliance profile from a non lore point of view presents itself as the good guys. So I will play them, you will never see me play a brute in any game.
    Not even if they make it a requirement to be Horde in order to do the next upcoming raid, as in Alliance players cannot do it? Or not even if Alliance players get ridiculous reductions such as 50% reduced Valor Point gains or reducing the base resilience of all Alliance characters by half?
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2013-06-11 at 01:03 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Blizzard is definitely out to get you.

If Blizzard wants to create a higher diversity of races, they should definitely remove racials or at least change them. It's a very minor part of the game, but it has a large impact.

Last I checked, most PvP players choose Undead and Human.

Most PvE players choose Orc and Troll.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-06-11 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kappa View Post
    Hello, hardcore raider here and I agree with this.

I know it probably sucks to feel inferior as an alliance guild but cmon guys, just play better and stop complaining about racials. It's not going to magically increase your guild ranking, seriously.
    No, it won't "magically" increase your rank, but it might help you kill bosses because horde racials are better, which is kinda the point. They shouldn't be.

Troll and Orc racials need to be brought back in line to others, some (like Nelves) do not even have DPS-enhancing racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    No, it won't "magically" increase your rank, but it might help you kill bosses because horde racials are better, which is kinda the point. They shouldn't be.
    Well for you guys and probably Scrubbusters as well, the imbalance will affect you and I can totally understand and sympathize with that. But for any sub 20 world guilds, if they're actually faction changing for the sole purpose of better racials; I have to call them out on being delusional. My guild is Horde but half of our DPS aren't even Orc or Troll and we do quite well.

In the grand scheme of things, yes there's an imbalance and Blizzard should fix it; I really want them to. However, to fix something for 10 guilds at most. I don't see it happening. Maybe I'm just a realist /shrug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for you guys and probably Scrubbusters as well, the imbalance will affect you and I can totally understand and sympathize with that. But for any sub 20 world guilds, if they're actually faction changing for the sole purpose of better racials; I have to call them out on being delusional. My guild is Horde but half of our DPS aren't even Orc or Troll and we do quite well.

In the grand scheme of things, yes there's an imbalance and Blizzard should fix it; I really want them to. However, to fix something for 10 guilds at most. I don't see it happening. Maybe I'm just a realist /shrug.
    Players are lemmings. When they see all the top guilds going to Horde for racials, they assume they need to follow.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Deleted

Server first is a big deal on many servers, even on shitty progress. So yes it is a big deal, you are telling people to not be competative in the best way they can. You are telling human nature to buzz off. :P