Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    FULL SERVERS SHOULD MEAN NO TRANSFERS, PERIOD, paid or not. You suck blizzard.

This. Or upgrade their infrastructure to handle the larger load. One problem with this, though, is that in multiplayer gaming, no matter how the infrastructure is, if you have too many players in one area, things start to crash. Blizzard's main concern with allowing too many players to be logged in, is having too many people on at once in Origrimmar for example. This problem can be solved by better design. Make every city equal. Make it so that people have to spread out. In Wrath they learned their lesson from the previous expansion by having two starting areas instead of just one. That helped.

I don't understand why Blizzard doesn't have server transfer rules to help the inbalance settle itself. For example:

If you're on a low pop realm, you can have a 1 time free transfer to these medium pop realms (or realms that never go above high).

If you're on a severely imbalanced server like Stormrage: Alliance can transfer for free to Horde.

If you're on a high pop realm you can have a one time free transfer to any of these medium or low pop realms.

etc.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-06-12 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    sadly their idea to constantly provide free transfers off has only resulted in killing the entire Horde population of the server.
    As a Stormrage-ian for all 8.5 years of my WoW time, I can assure you that we haven't had ANY horde population since mid-vanilla, with the great exodus of Blood of the Horde and Primal Devolution. Stormrage is basically Alliance-only and has been such for 8 years or so. You really can't blame free server transfers for that.

I'd love to see more free server transfers, but not to dead/new realms like they usually do. That's why that strategy doesn't resolve server pop issues. No one wants to go from a hugely populated server to a dead server. That's a step backwards in nearly every facet of the game. They should offer free transfers for alliance only to a handful of medium pop realms (spreading them out so as not to overcrowd any of them).

Sadly they'll never do that, because they want to make bank on server transfers.

I personally don't really care about the Stormrage overpopulation, the queues rarely affect me (I log in before prime time to avoid them) and the only real inconvenience is the occasional world server crash when Oondasta spawns on Tuesday or whatever.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2013-06-12 at 12:51 AM.

You gotta love blizzard, there are a lot of servers that is dead, but yet my server Stormrage (USA) had a 900+ man queue tonight and over a 40 minute wait, which is up 300 people from last week with no patch.

Yes I know there is a new patch and content, but blizzard is to lazy to merge servers. Every time they open our server up for free transfer we lose 400-500 people but we get that back in a few weeks with people willing to pay $ 25.00 to transfer off a dead server.

Either way blizzard makes money and you wonder why they lost so many people last quarter?? Maybe it was because year after year you have crap like the above going on.
    Try Area 52. I started out around 1500 people queue. It use to be around 400-500, sometimes maybe 600-700. Its more than double now.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Maybe they should force half of your server to move to some other realm...unmerging as it were. Actually that sounds like a terrible idea. About as bad as forcing people onto higher pop servers if they don't want to move.
    Maybe they should have capped things at a certain number and said no to the people lining up to pay $12.50. But of course we all know every one of those people were transferring to play with their friends so it's bad business and wrong to say no to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great 1,343 queue tonight....that is a good hour + wait.

I see blizzard is still doing server transfer to a FULL SERVER, you just have to get your $ 25.00 for server transfers right blizzard, while people have to pay to transfer off dead servers because you are to fuking busying to merge low or med pop servers.

FULL SERVERS SHOULD MEAN NO TRANSFERS, PERIOD, paid or not. You suck blizzard.
    Not even people transferring OFF like a friend did to GILNEAS a now LOW pop server..We were medium just earlier this year...

She wanted away from Stormrages elitist community...

I won't lie, I was actually thinking of a transfer to Stormrage last week since (oddly) it only showed up as high pop on the launch screen, unlike several that were listed at full. Then I did a bit more investigating and saw the bit on WoW Progress about 30K+ people who've done some form of raiding there and reconsidered pretty quickly...

I mean yeah, I'm trying to leave my dead ass server. But I'd rather not go to one with a giant queue to play lol.

Another 1100+ person queue tonight. Server queues were present around the start of 5.2 and, to be honest, I didn't really mind. I play on a high population server, so some wait is part of the deal. Since all the recent transfers, literally 100's of people in the queue every night. I went to log in on Sunday night and there was 300-400+ people and Sundays were normally pretty quiet. 5.4 is going to be a disaster. I'm not paying Blizzard to move off. I'm not sitting in queues for 20m to an hour every night either though.

I haven't posted anything in here for at least a year a half, but come on. If a server has 28k people on it or whatever it is, stop allowing people to transfer to it. Use some common sense.

Hope Blizzard plans to allow free transfers off to other decent servers (area 52, zul'jin, etc.) so I can actually play again. Frustrating enough for a non-forum poster to take action.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have only been on twice this week. Both times I was stuck in the que for a half hour at least, and both times when I was finally in the lag was horrible. I don't mind a que for 10-15 minutes honestly, not as big deal to me. But 30+ is absurd. They need to lock full servers. Area 52 was already over populated, after the discounted xfer rate god knows how many people came over.

When folks would roll toons just to poke around the server and ask what it was like everyone was generally friendly about it, it's a great server, always something to do blah blah blah. Now it's pretty much an immediate go away....too many people already kind of attitude. Which I can't say I disagree with at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    funny thing i was going to transfer my druid to that realm since i reroll 2 other guy there. was saying mm 50% off maybe should transfer a old main there. Now im glad i didn.t

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    As long as they make more money by people paying for realm transfers than they lose money by subscribers quiting, they'll not want to make any changes.
    What existing customers do doesn't concern them all that much. What Blizzard wants is a steady stream of new subscriptions.

People, you for example, do not understand how often and how much the playing population of WoW turns over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    As a Stormrage-ian for all 8.5 years of my WoW time, I can assure you that we haven't had ANY horde population since mid-vanilla, with the great exodus of Blood of the Horde and Primal Devolution. Stormrage is basically Alliance-only and has been such for 8 years or so. You really can't blame free server transfers for that.
    I've also been on Stormrage since this game came out. Every Horde guild I've been in has fallen apart because of server transfers so I think I can blame them. Even the 2 top guilds you mentioned left during the mass exodus to area 52 because of free transfers. Granted the horde population was always low, the transfers have only made it worse over the years.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I have only been on twice this week. Both times I was stuck in the que for a half hour at least, and both times when I was finally in the lag was horrible. I don't mind a que for 10-15 minutes honestly, not as big deal to me. But 30+ is absurd. They need to lock full servers. Area 52 was already over populated, after the discounted xfer rate god knows how many people came over.

When folks would roll toons just to poke around the server and ask what it was like everyone was generally friendly about it, it's a great server, always something to do blah blah blah. Now it's pretty much an immediate go away....too many people already kind of attitude. Which I can't say I disagree with at this point.
    I've heard it also has some of the biggest dicks and assholes in wow..Met em as well....