Page 1 of 25
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Resto changes and new things in 5.4

I'm just going to keep an updated list of all things resto for the new patch. I'll be on ptr testing also so we'll see how it goes.
    Link to Blizz patch notes(which have some things that were missed by the datamining sites): http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/#druid

Abilities

Change - Living Seed - 6/20
    Living Seed effects can now stack, up to 50% of the casting Druid's maximum health.

Change - Innervate
    Causes the target to regenerate mana equal to 50% of the caster's Spirit every 1 sec for 10 sec.

6/20 - The total mana gained from this ability can never be less than 8% of the casting Druid's maximum mana, and the amount gained is unaffected by Mana Tide Totem
    10% of the caster's maximum mana over 10 sec. If cast on self, the caster will regenerate an additional 10% of maximum mana over 10 sec.

New - Genesis
    Targets all party or raid members within 60 yards and accelerates the caster's Rejuvenation effects, causing them to heal and expire at 400% of the normal rate. Can be cast in Spirit of Redemption. Can't be cast in Shadowform. Druid - Restoration Spec. 14.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant.

Change - Nature's Swiftness
    No longer a talent, baseline.

Change - Wild Mushroom
    Grow a magical mushroom with 5 health at the target ally's location. After 6 sec, the mushroom will become invisible. The mushroom grows larger as it accumulates healing power from 100% of overhealing done by your Rejuvenation, up to a maximum of 200% of your health in bonus healing. Recasting Wild Mushroom will move the Mushroom without losing this accumulated healing. Wild Mushroom: Bloom can consume your Mushroom to heal nearby allies. Only 1 mushroom can be placed at a time. Can be cast in Tree of Life Form, Moonkin Form. Druid - Restoration Spec. 40 yd range. Instant.

Change - Wild Mushroom: Bloom
    Causes your Wild Mushroom to bloom, healing all allies within 10 yards for [ 13,400 + 124.2% of Spell Power ]. Bonus healing on the Wild Mushroom will be divided across all targets healed. Druid - Restoration Spec. 10.2% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 10 sec cooldown.

Blizz Notes - Bloom is no longer capable of critical strikes, and accumulates overhealing done by Rejuvenation by 100%, down from 150%. Overhealing bonus no longer benefits from Naturalist or Mastery: Harmony.

Old mushrooms were multiple and healed [ 4,466 + 41.4% of Spell Power ]

Talents

Change - Dream of Cenarius
    Restoration Increases Wrath damage by 20% and your Wrath spell causes a nearby ally to be healed for 100% of the damage done. Druid - LvL 90 Talent.
    Wrath, Starfire, Starsurge, and melee abilities increase healing done by your next healing spell by 30%. Tranquility is not affected. Nourish, Healing Touch, and Regrowth increase the damage done by your next 2 Moonfire or Sunfire casts by 50% or by your next 2 melee abilities by 25%. Each of these bonuses lasts 30 sec. Druid - LvL 90 Talent.

Change - Heart of the Wild
    6% int at all times. When activated, increases all healing done(25% per Blizzard) and, dramatically improves the Druid's ability to perform roles outside of their normal specialization for 45 sec.
    Old only used to increase healing as non-resto

Change - Nature's Vigil
    Increases all damage and healing done by 10% for 30 sec. While active, all single-target healing spells also damage a nearby enemy target for 25% of the healing done, and all single-target healing and damage spells and abilities also heal a nearby friendly target for 25% of the amount done. Druid - LvL 90 Talent. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown.
    Old didn't heal others when using healing spells, only damage spells.

Change - Soul of the Forest
    Aessina's blessing grants a benefit which varies by your combat specialization. Restoration You gain 100% haste for your next spell when you cast Swiftmend. Druid - LvL 60 Talent.
    100% up from 75%

New - Ysera's Gift
    Every 5 sec, heals you for 5% of your maximum health. If you are at full health, the most injured nearby ally will be healed instead. Druid - LvL 30 Talent. 100 yd range.
    Replacing Nature's Swiftness

Glyph

Glyph of Innervate - Datamined
    When Innervate is cast on a target other than the caster, both the caster and target will benefit, but at 40% reduced effect. Major Glyph.
    When Innervate is cast on a friendly target other than the caster, the caster will gain 10% of maximum mana over 10 sec. Major Glyph.

Glyph of Innervate - Per Blizz Notes
    now causes Innervate to give both the Druid and the target 60% of the normal effect of the spell if it's cast on a target other than the Druid.

New - Glyph of Efflorescence - Per Blizz Notes
    Increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%, causes the Efflorescence healing effect to be triggered by Wild Mushroom instead of Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active.

Tier 16

2P Bonus-Updated 6/19 - Rejuvenation ticks have a 8%[Up from 5% - 6/27] chance to grant a Sage Mender, reducing the mana cost and cast time of your next Healing Touch by 20%, stacking up to 5 times.

4P Bonus-Updated 6/19 - Casting Ironbark grants you Spark of Life, causing all cast time spells within the next 15[Up from 12 - 6/27] sec to cause grant a Living Seed on the target for 80% of the amount healed.

Other Stuff
    Swiftmend's area-of-effect healing effect is now called Efflorescence.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2013-06-27 at 08:24 PM.

I just did a much worse version of this thread, lol, feel free to delete it as this one is much better.

But in terms of the changes, omg, some of these are amazing. Level 90 talents look very interesting now, nature's swiftness being baseline now is awesome. The 4 set, an absorb, yay, stick up that your &$@# pallies and disc!

Edit - I mentioned this in the other thread, but looks like Holy and Shadow priest will now get Genesis via Symbiosis. As it will work well for holy with renew and the reference to shadow priest is odd, because it says can't be cast in shadowform. So maybe they thought Tranq was too strong. Which too be honest, it kinda is.
    Last edited by Gags; 2013-06-12 at 03:52 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finally mushrooms can now be played around with with maximum effect!

Very interested in "Ysera's Gift" & "Genesis" I'd like for them not to be scraped.

Also interesting concept for Innervate, I guess now I need to heavily consider going for a spiritbuild.

(Tier bonuses, really? REALLY? Meeeeeeeeeeeeh. Lame.)
    Don't try to fix what's not broken~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gags View Post
    I just did a much worse version of this thread, lol, feel free to delete it as this one is much better.

But in terms of the changes, omg, some of these are amazing. Level 90 talents look very interesting now, nature's swiftness being baseline now is awesome. The 4 set, an absorb, yay, stick up that your &$@# pallies and disc!
    Not quite an absorb. A) it can STILL be prone to overhealing (If you have a 50k living seed and take 10k damage, itll bloom for 40k overhealing) and B) it applies AFTER damage is taken (If you die with Living Seed, it doesn't heal)

For lvl 90 talents, we have A) Attonement healing, B) 45 second duration 6 min CD healing cooldown (so it won't be taken for damaging things anymore) and C) 10%+25% healing cooldown, 30 second duratoin 90 second cooldown. LvL 90 talent changes are awesome for Resto (But DoC change for feral SUCKS, but thats not OT)

I wonder on the duration of Ysera's Gift. 5% health every 5 seconds really isn't that great, Cenarion Ward would probably put out more healing (Unless thats a passive?!?!?!??! that would be pretty decent)

Soul of the Forest change is good synergy with 2/4piece bonus. More crit change+More ticks on more targets.

Innervate is a nerf to ppl with less then 12k spirit, buff to ppl with more then 12k spirit. Essentially it hurts ungeared restos with thier 8kish spirit and buffs geared restos with 15k spirit. Meh change overall- the old Vanilla Innervate would be better imo.

Genesis sounds REALLY interesting. Essentially an "uplift" except it causes its healing to be done within ~3 seconds and consumes the rejuves. Greatly increases the power of haste for Rejuvenations. 14% base mana.. thats around.. 8400 mana cost, not too bad, bout the same as rejuve.

Nature's Swiftness change is meh for everyone but resto. For Resto, the choice is now either new talent or Cenarion Ward for PvE, and we get an extra save-tank/mana management CD. (If used on CD, it equates to a 216 mp5 gain. Not much, but decent.)

Wild Mushrooms change is amazing for stacking now. You can move it, and its one huge singular bloom. Sadly, you can no longer "spread it out". It also saves 2 seconds per casting of Wild Shrooms. Heck, its now worth casting ON COOLDOWN on tanks for mana management.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it does seem it's switching to that for priests. Looks like it doesn't have a CD yet so we'll have to wait and see how it is.

I have a feeling our 4 piece will be changed. They changed our old mastery because they disliked people needing to hot blanket to get use out of it. Most of the 4 pieces are pretty amazing so I'd be surprised if they let a 4 piece where you need to throw a significant amount of RJs out to compete with others will be left as is.

I swear I read the mushroom change 10 times and didn't pick up on the being able to move it part. Lol. But that's awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Not quite an absorb. A) it can STILL be prone to overhealing (If you have a 50k living seed and take 10k damage, itll bloom for 40k overhealing) and B) it applies AFTER damage is taken (If you die with Living Seed, it doesn't heal)

For lvl 90 talents, we have A) Attonement healing, B) 45 second duration 6 min CD healing cooldown (so it won't be taken for damaging things anymore) and C) 10%+25% healing cooldown, 30 second duratoin 90 second cooldown. LvL 90 talent changes are awesome for Resto (But DoC change for feral SUCKS, but thats not OT)

I wonder on the duration of Ysera's Gift. 5% health every 5 seconds really isn't that great, Cenarion Ward would probably put out more healing (Unless thats a passive?!?!?!??! that would be pretty decent)

Soul of the Forest change is good synergy with 2/4piece bonus. More crit change+More ticks on more targets.

Innervate is a nerf to ppl with less then 12k spirit, buff to ppl with more then 12k spirit. Essentially it hurts ungeared restos with thier 8kish spirit and buffs geared restos with 15k spirit. Meh change overall- the old Vanilla Innervate would be better imo.

Genesis sounds REALLY interesting. Essentially an "uplift" except it causes its healing to be done within ~3 seconds and consumes the rejuves. Greatly increases the power of haste for Rejuvenations. 14% base mana.. thats around.. 8400 mana cost, not too bad, bout the same as rejuve.

Nature's Swiftness change is meh for everyone but resto. For Resto, the choice is now either new talent or Cenarion Ward for PvE, and we get an extra save-tank/mana management CD. (If used on CD, it equates to a 216 mp5 gain. Not much, but decent.)

Wild Mushrooms change is amazing for stacking now. You can move it, and its one huge singular bloom. Sadly, you can no longer "spread it out". It also saves 2 seconds per casting of Wild Shrooms. Heck, its now worth casting ON COOLDOWN on tanks for mana management.
    Innervate : the change is kinda good cause it makes innervate scale with spirit.

Genesis: Use with shroom to make it charge up in 3 seconds :P

Ysera's Gift: don't know if it is passive or what. The healing is meh but I think it's free. Maybe it's better than CW

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xegor View Post
    Finally mushrooms can now be played around with with maximum effect!

Very interested in "Ysera's Gift" & "Genesis" I'd like for them not to be scraped.

Also interesting concept for Innervate, I guess now I need to heavily consider going for a spiritbuild.

(Tier bonuses, really? REALLY? Meeeeeeeeeeeeh. Lame.)
    The T bonuses.. suck
    Especially the the 4-pieces, consider how much of our heal comes from cast time heal

Deleted
    I'm very disappointed in the tier sets... The 2pc either has its wording screwed up or it's utterly terrible (why would you want to use a defensive cooldown for a crit boost?). The 4pc is also (imho) terrible, since you would need to cast a cast time heal (aka regrowth) which then procs another heal that is useless unless the target has a boss/add hitting on them (unless they changed living seed, but afaik they didn't).

Other than that, the druid changes looks really good. Would like to know duration and CD on Ysera's gift (passive, pretty please?).

My only issue with tier sets is bubbles/shields are an issue for us healing wise and with the next tier every healer but druids will have a shield feature... that concerns me.

Tier set bonuses look lackluster but man oh man attonement healing, ho!

Fuck that 2 set

more crit? What the fuck we are not monks,priests or shamans blizzard. Let me spell it out for you - we - do -- not -- like -- crit

I also overlooked the absorb 100% rejuv overheal part.
    It should have been 150%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea won't be making a big deal about t16 4p. Change to DoC will be cool for a couple of fights, but the changes to NV and HotW are nice too, probably more likely to dance between those two unless there is some huge damage buff in a fight. Can't wait for new mushroom, as it is now can only use them on a couple of fights and then only cos my guild 3 heals them, allowing time for those 3 globals.

Will change to innervate count procs/temp buffs or will they neuter it like mana tide was?
    What's up with spirit of redemption n shadowform notes on Genesis? Will priests be getting some version of that through symbiosis?
    Looks like Ysera's would be better than the other 30 talents on constant damage fights, given that I never changed from NS, I'll probably never change from Ysera's lol.

The Innervate change seems really stupid to me. If you have <12k mana you're going to be struggling far more with mana anyway, so why make Innervate worse for those people. At the same time, if you have like 13k+ mana is hardly an issue at all, so having a better Innervate doesn't help there. Although it will make it better for casting it on other people I suppose.

I still see HotW being the tier 6 talent of choice. DoC will be good on fights like Horridon/Jin'Rokh where there's a massive +dmg buff, but other than that meh. It isn't going to be able to compete with Atonement by any means, and a weaker version of Atonement isn't going to help much. The Nature's Vigil change is okay, but I think the 6% Int bonus is better (especially with higher ilvls), not too big on healing CDs that just increase healing done, they seem to be far less helpful than things like Tranq for healing CDs, 20% extra healing on HoTs doesn't really help when everyone is taking a ton of damage.

Ysera's is going to be the go to talent for tier 2, since it appears to just be a passive and the other two talents are really meh in that tier anyway, 5% healing every 5 seconds, figure a fight is ~8 minutes (is that the average? Not sure, haven't really bothered to keep track) that's 12 ticks per minute, 96 ticks per fight (if it's passive) isn't all that bad. If it isn't passive it's a complete waste of a talent, so I'm assuming it is.

SotF buff is pretty big too, happy about that. Much prefer it to tree form as it is now anyway aside from fights that need an extra big healing CD, and 100% haste is going to be insane, if you use Swiftmend with Bloodlust popped and Wild Growth it'll be ticking every like .6 seconds, going to be nuts.

Really like the changes overall, not sure if the mushroom change is good or not. On the one hand, only having to cast one mushroom saves 2 globals, but on the other hand being able to put mushrooms in 3 different spots can be handy too, put like 1 mushroom on the melee and 2 on the range and that's more beneficial than just having 1 mushroom. Will depend on the fight mechanics. Pretty happy overall though.

Quote Originally Posted by boochicken View Post
    Yea won't be making a big deal about t16 4p. Change to DoC will be cool for a couple of fights, but the changes to NV and HotW are nice too, probably more likely to dance between those two unless there is some huge damage buff in a fight. Can't wait for new mushroom, as it is now can only use them on a couple of fights and then only cos my guild 3 heals them, allowing time for those 3 globals.

Will change to innervate count procs/temp buffs or will they neuter it like mana tide was?
    What's up with spirit of redemption n shadowform notes on Genesis? Will priests be getting some version of that through symbiosis?
    Looks like Ysera's would be better than the other 30 talents on constant damage fights, given that I never changed from NS, I'll probably never change from Ysera's lol.
    Actually you can use shroom on every fight in 5.3. By spreading out the shrooms It's very useful on many fight. The only fight shroom is not useful is horridon.
    The change in 5.4 makes shroom kind of useless if the raid has to spread out like Ji-kun, and make it more useful if the raid need to stack.
    This hurts the usage of shroom in 10-man. Without spreading out the shrooms the bloom will most likely to hit 1-2 players in 10man for most fights

One thing people need to look for now is that wrath has had it's mana cost go up by 50%. So it looks it will be very expensive to heal attonement style via DoC. Or it could of been brought up to be on par with other similar heals. Can't say I've ever taken much notice of the mana cost of wrath, as the only time I usually use is when it's free in HotW.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    "New Glyph: Glyph of Efflorescence increases the healing done by Swiftmend by 20%, causes the Efflorescence healing effect to be triggered by Wild Mushroom instead of Swiftmend, and lasts as long as the Wild Mushroom is active."

Source (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897/#druid)

YES, please make this stick. Higher SM heals WITHOUT having to worry about the Efflorescence being bad is just godlike. And your shroom should be located at a stacking point regardless so it's a win-win.

The only question then becomes, what to swap for it. I reckon the Regrowth glyph, especially if this whole new era of crit is here to stay. (And besides lets not forget it still gives +60% crit without the glyph)
    Don't try to fix what's not broken~

How much does the mushroom Efflorescence heal for though, same as the Swiftmend version? Does it heal from the healing the mushroom will deal instead? Will that mean leaving the mushroom unpopped and fully stacked be better and if we recast it somewhere else be worse? It sounds extremely interesting and I can't wait to play with it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by insanedruid View Post
    Actually you can use shroom on every fight in 5.3. By spreading out the shrooms It's very useful on many fight. The only fight shroom is not useful is horridon.
    The change in 5.4 makes shroom kind of useless if the raid has to spread out like Ji-kun, and make it more useful if the raid need to stack.
    This hurts the usage of shroom in 10-man. Without spreading out the shrooms the bloom will most likely to hit 1-2 players in 10man for most fights
    I "can" use them on every fight but a lot of those ends up with 80% over healing or no one being near them any more for me so i need to move them and waste a whole boat load of time. I am a 10 man raider so unless there are stack times, like Jin'rhok, Magaera, Ji'kun, I have better things to cast. Could be wrong, always looking to improve but that's the feel I get. With the change to 1 shroom, I think I'll find more time to use it more often, won't have to wait for that "whole raid at <70%" moment. I do agree that not being able to cover 3x10yrd spots will change my uses of it on spread fights but currently, in my mind, I'll use it more like this.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 05:12 PM ----------

That efflorescence glyph sounds too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by boochicken View Post
    I "can" use them on every fight but a lot of those ends up with 80% over healing or no one being near them any more for me so i need to move them and waste a whole boat load of time. I am a 10 man raider so unless there are stack times, like Jin'rhok, Magaera, Ji'kun, I have better things to cast. Could be wrong, always looking to improve but that's the feel I get. With the change to 1 shroom, I think I'll find more time to use it more often, won't have to wait for that "whole raid at <70%" moment. I do agree that not being able to cover 3x10yrd spots will change my uses of it on spread fights but currently, in my mind, I'll use it more like this.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 05:12 PM ----------

That efflorescence glyph sounds too good to be true.
    Even with 80% overheal it is still the best spell to use.
    There is always time that you have nothing to heal, you can place the shrooms and bloom it when you/someone need some heal. You don't even need them to be fully charged. It's more mana efficient than rejuv.

And the change definitely favor 25 man. Because it makes stack time like Jin'rhok, Magaera, Ji'kun better, but every boss else worse.
    Currently my fully charged up shrooms heal for 3M +, to be divided by 5 players it's 600K HP, which is more than their max HP.
    Consider how much the shrooms heal and how few players would be hit by the bloom in 10man, you have to wait for HP to be pretty low or overheal will be a lot.

below are some scenarios that I use shrooms spreaded out:

Tortos: I put 1 shroom for tank, 1 for me and one of our ranged dps and 1 for the other healer/dps. After ae I bloom them and half of the raid is full HP.
    Ji Kun : on the main platform where everyone is spread out, I place the shroom at different spots so it can heals 4-5 players, with the change it will heal like 1-2 player.

Without place shrooms in different spots there is no way to busrt heal as a druid when the raid is not stacked
    For Ji Kun heoric I don't think healing quills on the main platform is even possible without shrooms.

That said we have other changes in 5.4. Genesis will give us burst heal when the raid is not stack. Shrooms at different spots will be less useful will genesis.

---------- Post added 2013-06-12 at 04:54 PM ----------

After reading the 5.4PTR blog I would say shroom is nerfed instead of buffed.
    "Wild Mushroom: Bloom is no longer capable of critical strikes, and accumulates overhealing done by Rejuvenation by 100%, down from 150%. Overhealing bonus no longer benefits from Naturalist or Mastery: Harmony."

So the shroom charge up 33% slower and heal got nerf by 40%
    Last edited by insanedruid; 2013-06-12 at 09:03 AM.