Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Season 14 Armor Art

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...e_s14_male.jpg
    This is not leather
    looks more like smashed up warrior zombie gear
    /thread

damn you mod breaking my link that "giant laggy image" was one posted on your front page but ok mod guy

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MODS THEY BREAK THE IMAGE LINK AND CHANGE THE TITLE TO "Tier 16"

a) it's Season 14 gear
    b) I didn't see anything wrong with the title was simply a hook to what the thread was about, not misleading

Another edit seeing as people seem to be reading things that aren't there, I never said it was ugly I personally think it's cool, I'm simply stating it's not leather.... Because it isn't....

Mod edit: Edited the title to "Season 14" since it's more appropriate. Big images aren't simply allowed in the forums - you can use thumbnails or link, but not post big hi-res ones.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-06-12 at 03:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is. It just looks incredibly stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's leather covered in plate strips.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2013-06-12 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a wannabe Cataclysmic shoulders patched with bands of iron,and some warrior helmet, awful of all sets ever :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It is...it's just covered by lots and lots of metal and other crap lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As predicted in the similar warlock thread: Every tier gear eventually gets their "This is ugly / this is lazy / this is the worst for class x" thread.

Nine more to go
    To be fair, this armor looks truly atrocious. Like, really bad. Not defensive, not stealthy, not bandit-y, not stealthy, not ninja-y... and not particularly appealing to look at, even if it doesn't make sense. It's not bright and "oooh, ahh, mage" like the... T11? set that made no sense - this is just atrocious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As predicted in the similar warlock thread: Every tier gear eventually gets their "This is ugly / this is lazy / this is the worst for class x" thread.

Nine more to go
    I personally think it's cool, I'm simply stating it's not leather.... Because it isn't....

Quote Originally Posted by palladish View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...e_s14_male.jpg
    This is not leather
    looks more like smashed up warrior zombie gear
    /thread

damn you mod breaking my link that "giant laggy image" was one posted on your front page but ok mod guy
    Yes, but on the front page, it's a resized thumbnail - it's common courtesy and makes your thread look like it was made by someone giving thought rather than mindless posting.

OT: Without the helm, it looks fine, nothing special though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I changed the title to prevent duplicate comments on the same topic, since with every new tier someone posts the changes as different titles as well as the art - keeping it concentrated is helpful; I kept your original title in the opening post. Large (in this case, immense) images, like extremely long threads, cause the site to load more slowly - the front page is worth slowing down a bit for, but for an audience of <100,000 giant images don't so much work. If you want to make a thumbnail link to the front page feel free to edit that in - smaller images linking to large ones are totally kosher for the site, but I always forget the syntax for setting them up, personally.

In the future, if you're curious why a mod did something, please PM that mod directly to ask - I'd have missed your edit if it hadn't been quoted ><. If you have an issue with a moderator or moderator's actions, PM Sunshine.

Edit: my bad on labeling it T16 and not S14. I probably shouldn't post after 5 A.M.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-06-12 at 05:38 PM.

You know what,

It looks like a rogue stole a load of Warrior Season 11+12 armour and stuck it together with some staples and lots of masking tape

It's definitely got that whole DIY/"my mum made this for a school play" look to it.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Luckily we have xmog.

Is it sad that I like a set from 8 years ago (T2) far more than anything they've come up with since? The CM set comes close (and I would probably use it for awhile), but I've neglected to complete them all thus far.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2013-06-12 at 10:04 AM.

it looks so bad my eyes started to bleed
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

No one's noticed this yet? This is S14 rogue armor, not tier 16 armor. It says it in the image name too.

Quote Originally Posted by whathump View Post
    No one's noticed this yet? This is S14 rogue armor, not tier 16 armor. It says it in the image name too.
    i know its s14 and not the actualy t16 armor its still makes my eyes bleed
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    like its been stated its the s14 and yes it looks lot like plate but its way better than the tyrannical gimp hat and shoulders that dont look good on anyone. also thank god im horde, the alliance version looks shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the guy was dipped in a bowl of tar, thrown in a bunch of bulk trash and everything that sticked to him, was part of the new PvP Set...

Quote Originally Posted by Sincxa View Post
    The helm's exposed left eye seems pretty reminiscent of Krieg's mask from Borderlands 2. I guess it'll be interesting to see how the set looks on female characters.
    'this looks like a Borderlands bandit' was my first reaction too...

I'm mainly annoyed by how purposefully covering one eye is not a good combat tactic in any circumstance...

Deleted
    Green: Warlock
    Red: Warrior
    Purple: Death Knight

Seriously? The addition of xmog evidently gave these so called artists a 'license to produce semi-pure shit'.
    There's absolutely no reason for these people to create any more cool stuff.

What? Don't like it? Dude, xmog.

Deleted
    I have no affection for this one, but I'm not particularly bothered either. What's interesting, from a design perspective, is how Blizzard has (personal opinion incoming) focused so much on all the new textures and bells and whistles that they've lost focus on what made great sets great - their ability to stand out.

Thyr's comment seems (hilariously) accurate.

Seems pretty cool if you want to RP as a Road Warrior psychopath.