15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, Shinsekai Yori is absolutely amazing. The art style, the plot, the setting, the characters, the OST, all amazingly well done. My only grievance is that the twists were sorta expected. As soon as I saw the Queerats, after hearing about the non-Cantus humans, I knew that they must been related to them in some way (first thought they were the humans that went into hunter tribes, was not far off). Plus that scene when it is confirmed Maria and Mamoru's bones were brought, I knew that the human who used the Cantus must have been their child. Despite the predictability, still loved the reveals.

The entire concept of the series is probably my favourite part. Really unique. And even though there were times where I wanted him to die a painful death, Squealer being tortured really hit me hard. I knew from the start that he would turn evil (the dude looked shifty right from the first arc), but after hearing his reasoning it was obvious that his intentions were not evil. Kiroumaru's death was also done really well.

Really glad Satoru and Saki ended together, was hoping that would happen from the start.

Overall, one of the best anime I have ever seen. A must watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Souseiseki best.
    Must have all my boku on a different hdd ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Jesus, Shinsekai Yori is absolutely amazing...
    I read the MAL summary of the series but don't want to click on your spoilers since you've piqued my interest. Could you perhaps characterize the series a little more, if it's not too much to ask? That is, is it driven predominantly by drama or action? Is the mood would appear to be suspenseful from the MAL description, but some furthering on that would be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I read the MAL summary of the series but don't want to click on your spoilers since you've piqued my interest. Could you perhaps characterize the series a little more, if it's not too much to ask? That is, is it driven predominantly by drama or action? Is the mood would appear to be suspenseful from the MAL description, but some furthering on that would be appreciated.
    I'm shitty at doing stuff like this, but I'll try.

I'd say it is primarily drama. Action definitely plays a role, but it is not the main focus at all. I suppose it is suspenseful, but I'm not sure that is the best way to describe the series. Honestly, just give it a shot. After the first few episodes I was hooked.

My only warning is that one of the episodes heavily features both Yaoi and Yuri. I've read that many people dropped the series simply because of that episode, which is absolutely stupid. There is a plot based reason for it, and after that episode it stops becoming important (and really isn't even mentioned or seen at all).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a horror-eqsue, survival-based, post-apocalyptic fantasy sci-fi action drama based on an award-winning Japanese novel (not light novel, actual novel).

One of the few shows I've rated 9/10, an excellent story with one of the best anti-villains I've ever seen.

Oh my I just might buy this. I wonder if it will be comfortable for everyday use. I don't want to buy it and then not feel comfortable with it on, it's pretty expensive. Why can't I try it on!

http://www.amazon.com/Shingeki-Milit...d_sim_sbs_hg_6

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Oh my I just might buy this. I wonder if it will be comfortable for everyday use. I don't want to buy it and then not feel comfortable with it on, it's pretty expensive. Why can't I try it on!

http://www.amazon.com/Shingeki-Milit...d_sim_sbs_hg_6

HOLY SHIT..And here i was browsing rightsuf and thinking i shoulda gotten the GL jacket but this.THIS is just fucking epic..

Also COME ON AND HURRY UP WITH MAJESTIC PRINCE I NEED MOAR!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    HOLY SHIT..And here i was browsing rightsuf and thinking i shoulda gotten the GL jacket but this.THIS is just fucking epic..

Also COME ON AND HURRY UP WITH MAJESTIC PRINCE I NEED MOAR!!!!!
    Buy it and tell me if it is comfy so I can buy it please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy it and tell me if it is comfy so I can buy it please.
    LOL my budget is shot for the month what with the PS4, Projext x zone, 150 in rift credits(which should become 300) annnd yeah,.....

It's a horror-eqsue, survival-based, post-apocalyptic fantasy sci-fi action drama based on an award-winning Japanese novel (not light novel, actual novel).

One of the few shows I've rated 9/10, an excellent story with one of the best anti-villains I've ever seen.
    Well, I'm on episode 4 now and it does have me intrigued so we'll see where it takes me.

Edit: Rather enjoying it so far, but I have to vent the biologist in me. First off, their description of bonobos as more peaceful is a bit of a complex tail. It is true that by comparison to chimpanzees they seem to engage in less hostility, much of this appears to come from their particular living conditions rather than genetic difference. Second, "species will do anything to survive" is not really accurate. Individuals do things for themselves as well as those around them under various circumstances. They do not operate for the good of the species, and it can be shown how things on a species level can lose out because of competition on an individual or group level. Anyway, /end lecture.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2013-06-12 at 07:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm on episode 4 now and it does have me intrigued so we'll see where it takes me.
    I envy you watching it all at once. Despite being a great show it is very slow at parts and it was painful waiting each week to watch more, especially with major cliffhangers. In the last few episodes of the show pages and pages of this thread was taken up by discussion going back and forth on it in detail. It was awesome.

funny thing about ssy was i kinda dropped it after 2 episodes cause the beginning was so incredible slow and boring for me but when people kept talking about it i startet watching again and from the field trip arc on i really liked it ;P i think watching ep 3-9 really helped too ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

In the last few episodes of the show pages and pages of this thread was taken up by discussion going back and forth on it in detail. It was awesome.
    Only show I had that experience with on these forums was Steins;Gate back when that was coming out. It was pretty fun, but I haven't even actively watched a series that's coming out in years to replicate that.

Regrettably I have to call it a night at episode 7, although to be frank I enjoyed the earlier episodes more (especially listening to the library) than the naked mole rat wars. But they put in a good foundation at the start so I'll have to see where it goes tomorrow.

10+ Year Old Account

Edit: Rather enjoying it so far, but I have to vent the biologist in me. First off, their description of bonobos as more peaceful is a bit of a complex tail. It is true that by comparison to chimpanzees they seem to engage in less hostility, much of this appears to come from their particular living conditions rather than genetic difference. Second, "species will do anything to survive" is not really accurate. Individuals do things for themselves as well as those around them under various circumstances. They do not operate for the good of the species, and it can be shown how things on a species level can lose out because of competition on an individual or group level. Anyway, /end lecture.
    By species will do anything to survive they are correct. Animals (including humans) don't care about others of their species unless it is family (or in humans case friends). Their own survival and that of their families is how the species survives, so through that their main goal is the survival of the species. Each family only cares for their own and because of that the species stays alive.

The only purpose of reproduction is for the benefit of the survival of the species.

By species will do anything to survive they are correct. Animals (including humans) don't care about others of their species unless it is family (or in humans case friends). Their own survival and that of their families is how the species survives, so through that their main goal is the survival of the species. Each family only cares for their own and because of that the species stays alive.

The only purpose of reproduction is for the benefit of the survival of the species.
    Well, I'm trying to make a specific point. There is a tendency for people to attribute survival of a [i]species[/i] to being the evolutionary pressure. I was simply underlining that survival of the species as a whole is a byproduct of selection on individuals.

For instance, males are largely useless for most species that are not monogamous. There are far far more males than necessary, because one male is capable of fertilizing hundreds of females. The flip side is that most males do not do so, and in most species only a small percentage of the males reproduce. So males are like buying a lottery ticket: most of the time you lose, but sometimes you win big. Females are a nice, safe investment because for most species if they reach reproductive age they will pay off (fitness-wise).

Now, if there were pressure at the species level you would expect that we'd get like a 10:1 ratio of females:males in these species since that would be better suited to the level of investment of each. Instead you get a 1:1 even in species that are highly polygynous because the higher the female:male ratio becomes the better males are as an investment (it's like a harem anime; if it's only one guy in a land of girls, he's got a pretty good chance). So selective pressure drags the sex ratio back to about even, which is a detriment to the species as a whole since it's a lot of wasted bodies that are consuming resources, fighting each other, and generally being a pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm trying to make a specific point. There is a tendency for people to attribute survival of a [i]species[/i] to being the evolutionary pressure. I was simply underlining that survival of the species as a whole is a byproduct of selection on individuals.

For instance, males are largely useless for most species that are not monogamous. There are far far more males than necessary, because one male is capable of fertilizing hundreds of females. The flip side is that most males do not do so, and in most species only a small percentage of the males reproduce. So males are like buying a lottery ticket: most of the time you lose, but sometimes you win big. Females are a nice, safe investment because for most species if they reach reproductive age they will pay off (fitness-wise).

Now, if there were pressure at the species level you would expect that we'd get like a 10:1 ratio of females:males in these species since that would be better suited to the level of investment of each. Instead you get a 1:1 even in species that are highly polygynous because the higher the female:male ratio becomes the better males are as an investment (it's like a harem anime; if it's only one guy in a land of girls, he's got a pretty good chance). So selective pressure drags the sex ratio back to about even, which is a detriment to the species as a whole since it's a lot of wasted bodies that are consuming resources, fighting each other, and generally being a pain.
    Oh definitely. Even though, males who don't ever reproduce in their lives do work for their sole survival and in turn that helps with the overall survival of the species. Say the males who where getting all the girls got killed off, the males left would be the sole males that would be able to reproduce. Also them surviving keeps up the population of said species. It's that coupled with our intelligence that makes humans dominant.

I don't know much about the exact science to all this so all of what I'm saying is really out of my own head.

Also, why are we spoilering this anyways?

Suggested my friend watch Shingeki, I told him where to torrent it.

"I'm kind of looking for an internship working for the government right now and I don't want to torrent anything because if they looked up and saw that I torrented it they wouldn't hire me. You think you can find me a non torrented version?"

I faced palmed so hard it imprinted my face.
    Last edited by Inner Universe; 2013-06-12 at 08:51 PM.

i have no idea where u live but it shouldnt be licensed and with that it should be absolutly legal to load fansub versions also if your government is tracking ur traffic u should be really worried ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

Deleted
    Suggested my friend watch Shingeki, I told him where to torrent it.

"I'm kind of looking for an internship working for the government right now and I don't want to torrent anything because if they looked up and saw that I torrented it they wouldn't hire me. You think you can find me a non torrented version?"

I faced palmed so hard it imprinted my face.
    If someone this stupid is potentially able to grab employment with the government where you come from... Well. Wanna come over to Poland? Ain't all roses and daisies here, but apparently could be worse!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    i have no idea where u live but it shouldnt be licensed and with that it should be absolutly legal to load fansub versions also if your government is tracking ur traffic u should be really worried ^^
    It's technically not legal but other countries aren't going to pursue you in a different country for it. It isn't feasible in the slightest.