Deleted
    Torrenting pretty much any files, even copyrighted, is a so-called white crime. Sure, it officially is against the law... But no one's gonna spend any effort pursuing the offenders in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It's technically not legal but other countries aren't going to pursue you in a different country for it. It isn't feasible in the slightest.
    Exactly... it's a fansubbed anime that isn't even licensed in the United States. There exists zero possibility that torrenting Shingeki no Kyojin would prevent someone from getting a job. I wanted to scream when he said this to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner Universe View Post
    Exactly... it's a fansubbed anime that isn't even licensed in the United States. There exists zero possibility that torrenting Shingeki no Kyojin would prevent someone from getting a job. I wanted to scream when he said this to me.
    ... It's on crunchyroll and hulu so that's actually a terrible example.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    ... It's on crunchyroll and hulu so that's actually a terrible example.
    I don't think that matters. They just have the license to stream it. Downloading fansubs from groups that just download the raws and sub them should have nothing to do with crunchyroll or hulu.

I might be wrong though, idk.

so you're saying it's licensed in the US.

and it is actually licensed for release in the US by Funimation.

Alot of groups rip videos from crunchyroll too...

15+ Year Old Account
    so you're saying it's licensed in the US.

and it is actually licensed for release in the US by Funimation.

Alot of groups rip videos from crunchyroll too...
    Besides Horriblesubs (which is literally nothing but rips), major groups rarely do, because Crunchyroll is usually behind. And I realize FUNimation has the license, but you never mentioned them.

Anyways, anyone know what the best fansub group for Infinite Stratos is? On MAL it looks like all the groups had problems, I have no idea what one to download from.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    And I realize FUNimation has the license, but you never mentioned them.
    the original point was no one had the license when there are several people that do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides Horriblesubs (which is literally nothing but rips), major groups rarely do, because Crunchyroll is usually behind. And I realize FUNimation has the license, but you never mentioned them.

Anyways, anyone know what the best fansub group for Infinite Stratos is? On MAL it looks like all the groups had problems, I have no idea what one to download from.
    I just went with Coalgirls and was fine with it, not sure which group they used though.

Deleted
    When I'm not sure what group should I pick I get whatever's at BakaBT. They tend to pick the best version for their torrents.

the original point was no one had the license when there are several people that do.
    Actually the original point was torrenting it isn't going to disqualify you from applying as a student intern for some low level government job.

Actually the original point was torrenting it isn't going to disqualify you from applying as a student intern for some low level government job.
    still a terrible example as what you mentioned was false.

still a terrible example as what you mentioned was false.
    ok let's go with that.

Deleted
    RDG11: Shit is hitting the fan
    and Izumiko is pouting. *must hug till she squeals, she's too cute to fight the urge*

One more ep. I don't want it to end.

how is torrenting even a white crime? the p2p script is totally legal as long as u dont load illegal files. animes that arent licensed are legal so its 100% legal its not like a grey crime like using irc for games music etc. in germany where only the uploading part is a crime ;X no idea how its in different countrys though but as far as i know in most only the *selling uploading* etc. is illegal ^^

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they'll go through the trouble of asking the NSA for the guy's hard drive just to see what he's torrented.

---------- Post added 2013-06-13 at 07:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    how is torrenting even a white crime? the p2p script is totally legal as long as u dont load illegal files. animes that arent licensed are legal so its 100% legal its not like a grey crime like using irc for games music etc. in germany where only the uploading part is a crime ;X no idea how its in different countrys though but as far as i know in most only the *selling uploading* etc. is illegal ^^

In countries subscribing to the Berne Convention, fansubbing is illegal as it constitutes copyright infringement. However, fansubbers have traditionally held themselves to a common code of ethics and do not commonly see themselves as pirates.

Source

Countries Part of Berne Convention.
    If it interests anyone. Not like anything is going to change though because of it. As said before it's a white crime at most.

Also..

There is a belief among some[who?] fans that an "unspoken agreement" exists between the fansubbers and Japanese copyright holders that fansubs help promote a product[citation needed]. Steve Kleckner of Tokyopop noted:
    Frankly, I find it kind of flattering, not threatening[...] To be honest, I believe that if the music industry had used downloading and file sharing properly, it would have increased their business, not eaten into it. And, hey, if you get 2,000 fans saying they want a book you've never heard of, well, you gotta go out and get it. "[14]

Source
    Last edited by Zatheyll; 2013-06-13 at 07:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    RDG11: Shit is hitting the fan
    and Izumiko is pouting. *must hug till she squeals, she's too cute to fight the urge*

One more ep. I don't want it to end.
    Angry Izumiko is so awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    My dad's willing to give code geass a try after watching the first episode (english of course...)

Deleted
    I just found out that Guilty Crown will be on german TV this monday. An anime that is not at least 5 years old on free TV. Whats the world coming to?
    What's next? They stop this reality TV bullshit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    I just found out that Guilty Crown will be on german TV this monday. An anime that is not at least 5 years old on free TV. Whats the world coming to?
    What's next? They stop this reality TV bullshit?
    Stopping reality TV? damn thats a good joke. Could be an idea for a new reality TV show!

on what channel sahu? i wanna see german dub for it ;P (hope its a good one most german dubs are still far better then the american )

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL