Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    There's only 2 reasons why at the moment mastery is better than crit:

1: You need more crit rating than mastery to get 1% throughput.

2: Glyphed Regrowth is an autocrit.

One could argue that 3) crits are unreliable, but with hundreds of HoT ticks per minute it will average out easily.

Point 1 is moot because it's a percentage increase, not a rating increase. It's the same amount of throughput as 20% mastery.

Point 2 will most likely be moot because of the new Efflo glyph, and Regrowth being the weakest major glyph we use at the moment.

So really, the fact that it's 20% crit is fine. What bothers me more is that it's built around a defensive cooldown.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's clunky and will end up being changed, imo.

They've changed things in the past when they tied two things together which made one of them not used for it's intended purpose.

Ironbark will go from an actual tank/single target CD to a buffer on spike dmg/phases. I really can't see it going live.

Also, crit isn't bad. Mastery being better doesn't make crit bad. Spi has a place where more of it ends up being a healing loss. Haste has a strict cap where everything above or inbetween breakpoints is worthless. Mastery is extremely strong, but even it has a place where it starts being worse than crit(we aren't there gear wise yet, but maybe next tier if they give us a ton of mastery gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Cambria View Post
    It's clunky and will end up being changed, imo.

They've changed things in the past when they tied two things together which made one of them not used for it's intended purpose.

Ironbark will go from an actual tank/single target CD to a buffer on spike dmg/phases. I really can't see it going live.

Also, crit isn't bad. Mastery being better doesn't make crit bad. Spi has a place where more of it ends up being a healing loss. Haste has a strict cap where everything above or inbetween breakpoints is worthless. Mastery is extremely strong, but even it has a place where it starts being worse than crit(we aren't there gear wise yet, but maybe next tier if they give us a ton of mastery gear).
    This pretty much summarizes what I was thinking. Ironbark giving us a 20% increased crit chance isn't a bad thing; however I don't believe with the way HOTS don't update dynamically it is good enough to place on the 2 piece. My concern is the fact that living seed (without the 4 piece) only procs off HT, Nourish, SM, and Regrowth. Glyphed RG is a guaranteed crit, and the only other spell used enough by raiding druids to even bother mentioning is SM. With IB crit buff only lasting 12 seconds, the 20% crit pretty much goes to waste when it comes to living seed procs (not that living seed in its current form is anything but garbage), and unless you can refresh all of your HOTs in that 12 seconds, the 20% crit is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post
    This pretty much summarizes what I was thinking. Ironbark giving us a 20% increased crit chance isn't a bad thing; however I don't believe with the way HOTS don't update dynamically it is good enough to place on the 2 piece. My concern is the fact that living seed (without the 4 piece) only procs off HT, Nourish, SM, and Regrowth. Glyphed RG is a guaranteed crit, and the only other spell used enough by raiding druids to even bother mentioning is SM. With IB crit buff only lasting 12 seconds, the 20% crit pretty much goes to waste when it comes to living seed procs (not that living seed in its current form is anything but garbage), and unless you can refresh all of your HOTs in that 12 seconds, the 20% crit is useless.
    If t16 bonus of Resto goes live, just keep using 4t15 heroic with upgrades. They are ilvl 543, T16 normal are ilvl 541. In any reasonable guild, DPS will take Tier Pieces first. When hit the time to take 4t16 heroic, the end boss will probably be dead, and you will not even use it. 4T15 heroic bonus are really good, and 2T15 bonus will be better with the new glyph of efflorescence, since it will be up 100% time.

As others said Resto druids usually have a lot of haste and quite a bit of mastery - overstacking on a stat is generally not a good idea, so getting such a good bundle of Crit Chance can turn out to be exactly what you need.

Also keep in mind that Ironbark tends to be cast when some badass damage is coming, so having increased crit chance is even more valuable to ensure powerful crits happening right when they are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarM View Post
    If t16 bonus of Resto goes live, just keep using 4t15 heroic with upgrades. They are ilvl 543, T16 normal are ilvl 541. In any reasonable guild, DPS will take Tier Pieces first. When hit the time to take 4t16 heroic, the end boss will probably be dead, and you will not even use it. 4T15 heroic bonus are really good, and 2T15 bonus will be better with the new glyph of efflorescence, since it will be up 100% time.
    T16 normal can be upgraded too so it will be 549.

Deleted
    This is looking a whole lot like our disc thread at the moment with mastery vs crit. Some people swear on mastery, whereas others go for crit. The situation for us is pretty similar but reverted with the OP's "problem" with our set bonus (While SS is active we get 10% haste and 3,500 mastery). I've been a big believer in crit throughout this expansion, and it works out well for me, buffing atonement but leaving absorbs less pron to rng without the static increase in them (sound familiar yet?).

With this new set bonus, with your logic I should now ditch my crit and go for mastery (or lets go crazy and say haste!) because the set bonus has a mastery increase on it. Now why on earth would I do that. The extra haste and mastery are fine and good, its a very nice set bonus, but it doesn't alter my current way of gemming or reforging or stat priorities in ANY way, cause why should it? Just cause you get a 20% crit boost (which is by far not negligible as it's actualy % rather than rating) does not mean you have to change your way of stat prioritizing, it means you get an extra 20% crit on demand for, as has been mentioned, genesis usage, or whatever else. If that crit scales with Tranq and mushrooms, it doesnt sound too bad to me (I do play a 520 ilevel resto druid as my alt).

What I'm interested in knowing is, does your 4set work together with tranq? Ie, if you pop Tranq when your 4 set is up, is Tranq considered a cast time spell which would leave Living seeds on every target it hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaru View Post
    What I'm interested in knowing is, does your 4set work together with tranq? Ie, if you pop Tranq when your 4 set is up, is Tranq considered a cast time spell which would leave Living seeds on every target it hits?
    Tranq puts hots on targets, so definitely not a cast-time spell. I'm certain it won't work with the new 4-set bonus.

Deleted
    With that logic an unglyphed Regrowth wouldn't be a cast time spell either, as it leaves a hot after the initial heal. It's a channeled spell, thus it has a cast time, but as yourself I don't think it does count with the 4set. Would be cute if it did though.

Deleted
    I'm gonna take a wild guess here and assume that only Healing Touch, Nourish and Regrowth will be able to take advantage of the 4set. If you combined Nature's Swiftness with any of these spells I assume the 4set wouldn't work with them either as NS removes the cast time. Tranq is a channel so i'd assume it's not going to be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by InadequatelyDrunk View Post
    I'm gonna take a wild guess here and assume that only Healing Touch, Nourish and Regrowth will be able to take advantage of the 4set. If you combined Nature's Swiftness with any of these spells I assume the 4set wouldn't work with them either as NS removes the cast time. Tranq is a channel so i'd assume it's not going to be affected.
    Just tested in PTR, any spell that can trigger LS will be affected by the 4set.
    And it's 80% of the healing done, crit or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of the 2 piece bonus. I agree it is good for the time it's active (and for any HoTs you cast during that time), but I still don't like it.

I'd rather have something "cool" like:
    -every time your Rejuvenation crits, you summon a swarm of locusts that seal the wounds of your target, healing them for 8,000 every second for 3 seconds.

Set bonuses like the above is what I like to see
    Last edited by Taiknee; 2013-06-16 at 05:14 AM.
    Professional's Guide to: Upgrading Your Computer
    Quote Originally Posted by OperationFerret View Post
    Legion PvP is so bad that Holinka is handing out titles for watching the arena championships.

Why are people using the words "on demand Crit buff"? If you start using Ironbark solely for the Crit buff instead of when your Tanks actually ask for it then I don't even know what to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Why are people using the words "on demand Crit buff"? If you start using Ironbark solely for the Crit buff instead of when your Tanks actually ask for it then I don't even know what to say.
    This^ I don't know how people can fail to see that Ironbark will VERY rarely be used for the 20% crit buff. You'll use it for dmg reduction on a tank or some other eligable target like you always have and the 2p wont change that. It's a pretty bad 2p yes.

Crit is a healing buff, it comes behind mastery no doubt, and leads to higher over healing, but it's still a good increase. The problem with it is if you gave us a crit buff, that would lead to better living seed procs, but OH WAIT all spells give living seed now with the 4pc. The problem with our tier is that it's trying to make us tank heal, and we won't. No resto druid would be caught dead tank healing when they can raid heal 10000% times more effectively

this being said i will get 2 pc because i probably will like the tier stats and it won't be hard to get. but i'm not bothering with 4pc. I'm gonna keep my 4pc H ToT gear until i get just random leather gear from SoG

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    That's exactly what's going to happen, that's the problem with it. You either start using this as a buffer CD for spells and the tank CD part is just a nice addon, or you use it as a tank CD and the crit is a nice addon. If you are just going to have the crit as a nice addon, it's going to be much better to use higher ilvl non-tier gear unless you have 4 piece.

Terrible design.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcor View Post
    But it does. ToT is AMAZING for resto druids. There is SO MUCH gear with Haste/Mastery/Spirit on it. I EASILY reached the 6652 haste cap and have 24% mastery ontop of that. WHY would I want crit?
    Shit changes every tier buddy...

Deleted
    i think the 2pc is good... a fight that requires more dps, use it on a dps, eg firemage.
    fire that requires more healin, use on urself or another healer
    fight that requires more tank cds .. use it as a defensive cd... but the tanks very rarely call for an iron bark, and if they do my raid alrdy had 2x PS and 2x IB

Quote Originally Posted by Skallfraktur View Post
    This^ I don't know how people can fail to see that Ironbark will VERY rarely be used for the 20% crit buff. You'll use it for dmg reduction on a tank or some other eligable target like you always have and the 2p wont change that. It's a pretty bad 2p yes.
    This 2 set will be popped EVERY time we tranq. If you aren't using it like this then you're gimping your tranqs by ~20% potential healing. Given that you won't be using direct heals on the tank during the aoe periods it will be a CD well used.

- that being said I think both set bonuses need to be changed, the design doesn't worth with current play styles.

---------- Post added 2013-06-17 at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    i think the 2pc is good... a fight that requires more dps, use it on a dps, eg firemage.
    fire that requires more healin, use on urself or another healer
    fight that requires more tank cds .. use it as a defensive cd... but the tanks very rarely call for an iron bark, and if they do my raid alrdy had 2x PS and 2x IB
    I'm not sure that you understand how the crit buff is going to work. It gives YOU 20% additional crit chance for 12 seconds no matter who you cast it on. (in the current build)

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    T16 normal can be upgraded too so it will be 549.
    True but will the increase in stats be worth the loss of the 2+4 sets from T15? Plus, aside from the chest, T15 items are pretty nicely itemized.