Thread: Nazgrim

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think people read way more into Nazgrim's character than is actually in the game. He doesn't really have a lot of character in the quest content.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    After everything we've been though with this character, there throwing him away as a boss. We've faught with him though wrath, cata and mists, and yet when it finally comes down to it, he's just another grunt in garrosh's army, ready to throw himself away for his corrupt leader?
    He always seemed kind of the borderline derpy follow-orders-regardless type to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I think people read way more into Nazgrim's character than is actually in the game. He doesn't really have a lot of character in the quest content.

He always seemed kind of the borderline derpy follow-orders-regardless type to me.
    Yeah, gotta go with you there. "What we've been through with him" has always been following the orders of the warchief without question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Yeah, gotta go with you there. "What we've been through with him" has always been following the orders of the warchief without question.
    Ah yes like in Vashj'ir where the entire quest line was about saving and rounding up survivors to battle an enemy he wasn't sent to fight. Ending with him charging into a different realm, solo, to save a Draenei...
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-06-13 at 06:14 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Ah yes like in Vashj'ir where the entire quest line was about saving and rounding up survivors to battle an enemy he wasn't sent to fight ending with him charging into a different realm solo to save a Draenei.
    Yeah, an Earthen Ring shaman. The Earthen Ring whom back then Garrosh at least showed some kind of respect. At any rate Nazgrim had to gather his forces and kill the enemies there. How would they take the island above with naga and twilight cultists right below them under the seas? They were a ragtag force that by their service to the horde had a target island a short distance from Stormwind that they couldn't retreat from even with overwhelming almost impossible odds. He may not have killed them back then like anyone who retreats now, but what kind of shame would Garrosh have put them through if they came back to Orgrimmar with their tails between their legs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Im thinking it supposed to illicit a emotional response as to the cost of Civil War with your own faction.
    Blizz is no George RR Martin.. they dont like killing off characters thought would cause emotion. I thought Jaina should have died too.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

P.S. I think you missed an opportunity to name this thread "Requiem for Nazgrim".

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Ah yes like in Vashj'ir where the entire quest line was about saving and rounding up survivors to battle an enemy he wasn't sent to fight. Ending with him charging into a different realm, solo, to save a Draenei...
    He was pretty much continuing with what he thought his orders would've been, considering they were cut off from any communication with Horde command.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

He was pretty much continuing with what he thought his orders would've been, considering they were cut off from any communication with Horde command.
    And you base this on what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dybia View Post
    Yeah, an Earthen Ring shaman. The Earthen Ring whom back then Garrosh at least showed some kind of respect. At any rate Nazgrim had to gather his forces and kill the enemies there. How would they take the island above with naga and twilight cultists right below them under the seas? They were a ragtag force that by their service to the horde had a target island a short distance from Stormwind that they couldn't retreat from even with overwhelming almost impossible odds. He may not have killed them back then like anyone who retreats now, but what kind of shame would Garrosh have put them through if they came back to Orgrimmar with their tails between their legs?
    The entire quest line shows him to be more than a mindless soldier with no character. He manages to scrape together a fighting force from a bad situation and then goes out of his way to help the Earthen Ring. He does it again in Pandaria but this time helps the pandaren. Acting like a military commander following the orders of his superiors is a bad thing is a pretty big stretch to make for an insult. My point being he had plenty of character.
    Last edited by leaks; 2013-06-13 at 06:42 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I just hope he doesn't go out like a bitch. Next to Varok Saurfang, he's my next respected living Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I actually really love nazgrim and i hope he will die. He is the only person that isnt either mary sueish protagonist or insane mindless idiot. Giving him cliche redemption will remove any illusion of deepth garrosh storyline have. So i salute to poor nazgrim. Its a shame it has to end like that.
    This is such a cliche statement. I don't know where ppl are getting this bullshit. He isn't "mary sue-ish" true. But that's only because he's a small character. "Illusion of depth.". Please man. Stop being so pretentious. I hope he does turn around after we beat the shit out of him. THere is no depth to "Derp, I'm dead now.".

Deleted
    He will die, just like the rest of the miserable horde

Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    Cant Wait to see how many alliance filth die along with the "true" horde

Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    Not before we take you with us, Alliance scum.

*Garrosh lies on the floor, surrounded by the shattered remains of mannoroth's bones as Grom materialises before him*
    Garrosh: Father! ..Is it over?
    Grom: At long last, my son, no Warchief rules forever.
    Garrosh: I see.. Darkness.. Before..
    *Garrosh's life slips away*

*Grom stands, looking at Vol'jin*
    Grom: Without it's masters' command, the restless Horde will become an even greater threat to this world. Control must be maintained, there must always be a Warchief.
    *his spirit dissipates, taking Garrosh with him*

*Vol'jin walks over to Gorehowl, picking it up and looking at it*
    Vol'jin: The weight of such a burden.. It must be mine. For there is no othe-
    VOL'JIN! YOU HOLD A GRIM DESTINY IN YOUR HANDS, BROTHER! ...But it is not your own.
    Vol'jin: General Nazgrim..? By all that is sacred..

Nazgrim: Thralls' purifying flames have already sealed my fate. The world outside of Grommash hold can no longer comfort me.
    Nazgrim: Place the axe within my hands, Vol'jin! Forevermore, I shall be the jailer of the Horde!
    Vol'jin: No, I cannot.
    Nazgrim: DO IT! You and these people have your own destinies! This last act of service- ..It is mine.
    Vol'jin: You will not be forgotten, brother.
    Nazgrim: I MUST BE! IF THE WORLD IS TO BE FREE OF TYRANNY.. They must never know what happened here today.
    *Nazgrim takes the axe and sits on the desecrated throne of the Warchief*
    Nazgrim: Tell the Alliance that the Warchief is dead. And General Nazgrim died with him.

slime

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    Oii! what have I ever done to you

Deleted
    Rather have him as a boss instead of someone random you've never heard of before. Die Nazgrim die!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    Rather have him as a boss instead of someone random you've never heard of before. Die Nazgrim die!
    Seeing your response you are proberbly alliance...

I really hope Captain Taylor will give the killing blow, that guy deserves it

can't wait for slaining so much horde in Orgrimmar, this raid is gonna be amazing

"so, you are an important character in the horde lore? here, take this sword in your throat"

sweet...
    Last edited by Yossarian; 2013-06-13 at 08:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickyB View Post
    Haha if you say it like that you got to see it as this, Nazi Germany Hitler as Garrosh and Wehrmacht as Kor'kron.
    And Rest of Germany as the normal horde ;p
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    I think it's about time Blizzard started being reckless with Lore-characters. All we need now is for them to kill of Vol'jin and a few more chaps and we can put this embarrassment of a story behind us.

Have any of you actually read the Blood Oath?

Lok'tar ogar! Victory or death - it is these words that bind me to the Horde. For they are the most sacred and fundamental of truths to any warrior of the Horde.

I give my flesh and blood freely to the Warchief. I am the instrument of my Warchief's desire. I am a weapon of my Warchief's command.

From this moment until the end of days I live and die - FOR THE HORDE!